Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Force 2010

vCash
    Just watching 10 news...Anthony and Saia Faingaa were on there.
    Not sure when they come off contract but Anthony is a Centre and Saia is a Hooker, both positions we will have a vacancy in come the end of this season. I know this was their first season with the Reds but if the chance came to recruit them in the near future, would it be worth it? Saia is behind Sean Hardman in the pecking order and Anthony is behind Ioane and Barnes. The story said they came as a package deal, being twins they're very close and moved to the Reds together, would/should we consider bringing them here?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Unfortunately with package deals, if one comes they both come, if one sucks and leaves they both leave.
    Would have been in favour if for the current contract but I think we will have those spots covered by the time they are available again as I recall it being a two year contract, or maybe a three year one.
    And I guess the reality is if they aren't getting solid match time for the Reds in their ladder predicament then are they actually worth it or would they just be on the bench here too?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    So if Fitzpatrick comes over we have two 19 year old hookers!!!!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Not sure when they come off contract but Anthony is a Centre and Saia is a Hooker, both positions we will have a vacancy in come the end of this season. I know this was their first season with the Reds but if the chance came to recruit them in the near future, would it be worth it? Saia is behind Sean Hardman in the pecking order and Anthony is behind Ioane and Barnes. The story said they came as a package deal, being twins they're very close and moved to the Reds together, would/should we consider bringing them here?
    Both are young good players, from memory captain and vice captain of the same Australian Schoolboys and U19 World Cup teams. Saia made his super 14 debut with Brumbies at just 17 so he has been around awhile for a young hooker, still needs more game time to develop tho as his lineouts arent alway the most cosistant. Anthony was starting inside ahead of Tyrone Smith last year before he was injuried and has been unlucky stuck on the Reds bench behind three Wallabies at 10, 12 and 13. They would both work in well at the Force but are on a 2 year deal with the Reds so it'll depend who we recruit at the end of this year.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I still have big question marks over Saia - at ~100kg he is a small hooker and needs a big pack around him.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    I still have big question marks over Saia - at ~100kg he is a small hooker and needs a big pack around him.
    Yeah I think ideally Saia would have an extra 5kgs on his frame. At the momet Wallaby hookers Palatu Nau and Moore have a good 10kgs on him, but at Super 14 level he is still in the same weight class as Schalk Brits, Keven Mealamu and Adam Frier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    i think they signed a two year deal with the Reds so they're free agents in 2011...

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    So if Fitzpatrick comes over we have two 19 year old hookers!!!!
    Don't think we need another young hooker, we need someone with experience to replace Tai who is a bit of an unsung hero for the Foce

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2