Thread: Mortlock retains his self-belief

vCash

Arrow Mortlock retains his self-belief

PETER FITZGERALD 6/05/2009 10:05:00 AM

Stirling Mortlock has faith the Wallabies selectors will stand by him this year, declaring yesterday ''they know what I'm capable of''. Mortlock has been under fire for his chequered Super14 form this season, which has led to Brumbies coach Andy Friend moving the Australian captain from his preferred outside centre position to the wing.The move has raised questions about whether Mortlock will retain the Wallabies' No13 jersey which has primarily been his for the past five years.
    But the 31-year-old believed Wallabies coach Robbie Deans and his assistants would consider past and present form when selecting their team for the Tests this year.''I don't have any concerns,'' Mortlock said.

''The selectors pretty much know what everyone is capable of.''Last year Adam Ashley-Cooper ended up playing quite a bit of Test match football at 15 but didn't play much 15 at the Brumbies.

''I think I've played enough Test matches at 13 and a bit of 12 last year. They know what I'm capable of, I've just got to make sure I'm contributing to the [Brumbies] and playing well and if the majority of us are doing that and we're going well, those selections in a month's time will take care of themselves.''Mortlock will again play on the wing for the Brumbies on Saturday night when they host Auckland in the penultimate round of the Super14.Friend named his side yesterday, moving Adam Ashley-Cooper to fullback to replace the injured Mark Gerrard and promoting Francis Fainifo into the starting line-up on the other wing.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...f/1505688.aspx

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    Trading on past glories?

0 Not allowed!
    CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Thats the problem with the Wallabies, players being picked on reputation not form.

Lift your game Mortlock or toddle of into retirement

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    Mortlock is a CSIRO experiment... They'll get him right come the Wallabies....

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    I didn't know the CSIRO were involved in research upon Rugby players who are highly prone to injury.....Those results should be interesting to read!

0 Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I didn't know the CSIRO were involved in research upon Rugby players who are highly prone to injury.....Those results should be interesting to read!
    They've been doing it for years.... remember all that tape on Larkham... he was one of their first proto-types... Patricio Noriega an earlier model ASIO helped out and gave him an Argentinean profile and passport as they hadn't yet mastered to Aussie vernacular....

See there is a lot of resources in Canberra chaps that the Brumbies engage form time to time…

Giteau another his due for a CSRIO up grade in the preseason... don't tell the Waratahs....... I'm not even sure Deans knows....

0 Not allowed!