Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Club Rugby 29 May

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Rocky also benefitting from new imports including James Dougal from Nedlands who has jumped ship so many times he must have splinters in his feet.
    Didn't Dougal originate from Rocky in the first place?........Didn't he change to Neddies for this season?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    I think you'll find that this season alone Dougal went to Wanneroo initially for pre-season then decided to play Neddies off against Palmyra in a bidding game before settling at Neddies because they paid more and Palmyra refused his demands.

Even when he was at Neddies he was sounding other clubs out. Inflated opinion of his own worth it would seem.

Recently he became disgruntled at Neddies and began playing a few other clubs off against each other for his services before last weekend fronting up for Rocky.

My understanding is that Dougal's main complaint was that Neddies didn't get him the promised job and that he needs more money. I have heard a contrary view that they did get him some work but he was a lazy son of a gun. Hansie should be able to put the record straight.

Questions:

Who will he be playing for next weekend or the weekend after?

What have Rocky paid to get him back?

How much loyalty can Rocky expect from James Dougal going forward?

Why would any other club touch him in the future?

Champion
    vCash
    James has been dealt some pretty bad press.

He may have gone to Wanneroo very early on but was at Nedlands for pre-season and trial games, he did ask for full time employment and Neddies could only get short term jobs. Biggest frustration was that offers of full time employment were made but he needed to make the telephone call and front for an interview. PPl who had full time employment available wanted to talk and suss him out, but he was too shy.

Nedlands did not pay him a cent and when Rocky were able to offer him full time work he left with Nedlands full backing and support.

If a club was unable to meet a player's needs, then the club too must take some blame. James is looking after his young family and is doing it in a manner he feels is best for his family.

He was very respected and liked at Nedlands and would always be welcome back. He was up front, honest and extremely talented - a classy player.

vCash
    Nicely put Hansie.
    James has returned to Rockingham with his main concern, as you explain, that he was seeking more stability in his work with family responsibilities he has now.
    He has nothing bad to say about Nedlands, in fact a number of compliments, and believes he was treated fairly there.
    No, Rocky has not paid to get James back. He is seeking career stability and to that end he is being assisted with work training courses to firm up his future.
    Pre-season, Rocky had lost 9 first grade players to overseas clubs and there had not been a coach appointed, so James felt it would be better for him to play elsewhere.
    He is now happy to return to Rocky with the new coach and a number of good players coming in to the club.
    This year won't be too good but with the changes being made, and attutudes being adjusted, there is hope for the future.
    Hope this clarifies some of the mis-understandings going about.

vCash
    I suspect Darkness should be weary of the comments he makes on a public forum that may be considered libelous

Player
    vCash
    darkness should learn the truth first and stop trying to stir up rumours which he cleary no nothing about.
    Thank you Mr Bunter for setting things straight.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I know this lawyer based in Rockingham, but the cheap bastard doesn't pay a spotters fee so I won't tell you who ....

Champion
    vCash
    With sensational facilities and a growing population, the future has to look rosy for Rocky. With a good young core including Jimmy, the next few years should be very rewarding.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    My words are not libellous as they are true. Hansie and Bunters comments merely confirm the situation.

"Nedlands did not pay him a cent" He said that Nedlands were paying him fuel money to travel from Safety Bay - are you saying Hansie that this isn't true?

"darkness should learn the truth first and stop trying to stir up rumours which he cleary no nothing about." It is inappropriate to spell out more facts as it may embarrass but comments were taken straight from James Dougal himself.

Just hope he stays at Rocky even if he returns with his tail between his legs.

Rockingham deserve better. They are a good club and I sincerely hope they work their way through the tough times of 2010 and are competitive going forward. The rugby community and in particular the players need to be loyal and supportive and help them achieve their potential.

Champion
    vCash
    The inferences on paying James to come and play at Nedlands is wrong and he was not paid a cent to play.

He was re-imbursed a few dollars for fuel and then he car pooled a few times, missed training a couple of times and so total amount re-imbursed was miniscule.

No spotter's fee was paid, no match payments, no school fees, no car, no rent assistance, no subs assistance, no strapping tape assistance, no beer money, he did get free socks and is eligible for a free team photograph as is everybody who pays their subs in full.

He was relegated to start Reserve Grade a few times in accordance with Nedlands selection Policy, he contributed and was respected. There is no reason for him to return to Rocky with his tail between his legs - he can hold his head up high and Rocky should be congratulated for having him return.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Thank you for clarifying Hansie.

"no beer money"? what sort of club are you running? Even Uni was offering free beer to any 1st and 2nd grade props that would defect to them a few months ago. This was after some of their props wandered up the freeway to Wanneroo. Not many takers I gather.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Interesting guys. Perhaps you should know that he has already been demoted to assistant coach of 4th grade. Wanneroo now have put a 5 year plan in place to get the 4th grade in the top 4. Wonder if the backroom boys knew that!

vCash

Nice one EP!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2