Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Poached Eggs.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ethicist View Post
    Build a supportive culture with good leaders and coaches

Individualise the training regimes for "personal" development.....test, measure, record, develop, test, give feedback, praise progress

They will be lining up

If people are leaving your club, the culture sux ass. Fix it and stop whining about it
    If this is so, why then were there up to 8 players from 2011 prem team out offering their services around town over the summer?
    Is it that the culture, good leaders and coaches is not that good?
    Or that the retainers / enticements were discontinued?

For all the self indignation of some here you are in self denial or you are pedalling propaganda for you clubs?
    The cold hard facts are most if not all are or have attracted players with;
    - flights
    - jobs
    - accommodation
    - fuel
    - scholarships
    - and some cash incentives

There is even a third grade club that bought over players in the past to play in the under 20s comp.

The only reason a club is not offering this sort of thing at the moment, is that their finances are a mess or there are no third party sponsors about at this time

As for unie there business model is now based on the Sydney unie Model which is to offer scholarships to the best players around town to play(not the first club to do this ah westie man)

It has been mentioned on this site before, for the centre city clubs it is only going to get harder over the coming years with them all fighting over a very limited resource, Junior rugby players in their catchment area.

The outer suburbs clubs are in the best position with their junior base, even so they still need to offer a product in which these numbers transfer to seniors?

There are to many egos in club land that are worried about the now and not future.

Remember "never let the truth get in the way of a good story"

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Interesting to note that the individual claiming to the Ethicist is an avid promoter of player poaching. Being a good public servant, why don't you just focus on getting your footy tipping in today and keep an eye on the clock - nearly time to catch the bus and tell the wife what a hard day at the office its been. Best you stick to what you're good at - nothing!

Seems like everyone loves a poacher.

Reds81 - It is not appropriate that I name minors on this website. Ask Wanneroo how happy they are at having their two Aust Schoolboy Reps poached on the promise of playing 1st grade under the watchful eyes of Rugby WA at McGillivray. Ask Joondalup how they feel after their two best State Under 16 players mysteriously feel they need to travel to play for a club many kms from home. Ask Hansie how he feels that our club Nedlands doesn't have an Under 18's team and is strugglling to muster an Under 20 squad. Ask Soaks why their Under 18's have departed for McGillivray. Ask Cott why their Under 18's are on the brink of collapse.

Your argument is that all these clubs have bad cultures so that's why their players are leaving - sorry, I don't buy it. Uni's website promotes the fact it provides financial enticements.

You need to get out there and talk to people actually administering rugby clubs to see whats happening. If you are a Uni supporter then I suppose you are okay with the idea that "money talks" but it will come back to bite you some day some how.
    Interesting observing these posts. Darkness, your are quite vindictive and brave behind the keyboard. Your attack on Ethicist not really called for.

How much recruiting did you[ club] do at schools in the summer/last year. Oh I forgot, you @ Nedlands only recruit @ 1st grade from outside the state. Funny how people look to blame from outside, look from within.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I'm still chuckling about the Ethicist being a Public Servant.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    bet he's not

Rookie
    vCash
    Posted via Mobile Device

Rookie
    vCash
    The inner circle Cbd clubs like nedlands will find it harder each year to get 18,s 20, s as the schools take them an also not many family's growing up there the grades live un the area as its a high valve price area .. Parents will take there kids to the " local " team or a team dad or someone in the family has an attachment to. Ive played for nedlands an seen the juniors comming threw most are attached to the club one way or another , simple fact the schools rule in the 16s 18 20s because if your any good after that a 1st grade team will snap you up
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goony View Post
    i have been involved in the local comp for a long time and i don't know of many players that are on 'match fees' as such. sure a lot of players get sponsored or might get little incentives such as money in the team kitty for tries scored etc which might help keep them happy at their club but at the end of the day it is the culture of your club which will either keep people there or deter them...
    amen

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

Champion
    vCash
    Whatever it is that has happened over the past few seasons, let's get a few more Kyle Goodwins, Kieren Longbottoms, Justin Turners playing at the Force.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Aaah, the return of the Messiah!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    He's the Messiah?

Then who's the naughty boy?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    surely not RM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    He's the Messiah?

Then who's the naughty boy?
    You, obviously. You started it. :-)
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash

westie man

in regards to ur sarcastic dig SBW don't every club alighn themselves with a school and yes the pupils at Aramore are directed to wests whats the problem they don't wanna play at wests whats the problem the problem i have is who would have as their user name SBW a man who epitomises everything thats bad about our great game doesn't know if he's want's to box ;play league ;go to toulon again;latest one is play in south africa ;basically over hyped over paid over rated one trick mercenary you would be better of to change your user name to something like I dunno westie man is cool or I wanna' be just like westie man
    PS about half of wests starting 1st grade this season went to aranmore

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Shasta, I have chefs from the top Michelin rated restaurants in Europe ringing me on a daily basis.

They want to know how one quick twist of a wooden spoon can keep a casserole stirring for over two months.

vCash
    I expect a mention in the bibliography

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast