Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Genia Staying with the Reds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    the words "open" "transparent" and "arbib" should never be used in the same sentence .. unless you put a "lack of" in there
    Yeah i know what you mean in regards to the labor power games in the background but I am lead to believe it was the f\ederal Government that was crritical of the ARU current structure and business plan possibly while abib was in charge of sport and requested the ARU review its model or else risk lose federal government funding of some sort.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Haji View Post
    Yeah i know what you mean in regards to the labor power games in the background but I am lead to believe it was the f\ederal Government that was crritical of the ARU current structure and business plan possibly while abib was in charge of sport and requested the ARU review its model or else risk lose federal government funding of some sort.
    Yep, the ARU's archaic system has been targeted as it doesn't comply with the Australian Sports Commission guidelines. At a recent meeting of the ARU, NSW had five votes and Queensland three, while the other states and territories had one each. Just ridiculous.. But with the "Review Committee" comprising existing ARU members, the recommendations are bound to have bias even if it will include an Independent board.

vCash
    Knob, just using us as leveraging tool !

vCash
    Umm... yeah. Does anyone come out this looking good? Genia looks indecisive and bullied. QRU look like cheap bullies. Tim Horan looks like a blatant liar. Force look ineffective at best. What a mess. What behavour can't be excused under the banner of "professionalism"?

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic View Post
    Umm... yeah. Does anyone come out this looking good? Genia looks indecisive and bullied. QRU look like cheap bullies. Tim Horan looks like a blatant liar. Force look ineffective at best. What a mess. What behavour can't be excused under the banner of "professionalism"?
    oooh I know this one, honour. Inegrity. Keeping your word and fair dealing
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash

Force Managment

At what point do we start talking about the elephant in the room, the Force Managment! They have over the last few years completely mishandled a string of signings. In my opinion Vern and Co should be kicked out and replaced with a board that knows how to get things done. The Genia incident is just one example of many.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    What crap, the Force management had nothing to do with this. They made no statement other than to say that no deals had been done and, presto changeo, apparently they were absolutely right while everyone else was completely full of s***. How does that reflect badly on them?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    As much as I would have liked to have Ginea, we don't need a half back. We need a 10 and a world class outside back.
    We do though. So far we have one contracted 9 and he is very injury prone. Who are we going to bring in at 9? Pretty much everyone else is contracted.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddwey1 View Post
    At what point do we start talking about the elephant in the room, the Force Managment! They have over the last few years completely mishandled a string of signings. In my opinion Vern and Co should be kicked out and replaced with a board that knows how to get things done. The Genia incident is just one example of many.
    Bring back o'mera

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    What crap, the Force management had nothing to do with this. They made no statement other than to say that no deals had been done and, presto changeo, apparently they were absolutely right while everyone else was completely full of s***. How does that reflect badly on them?
    And that is the point, they had nothing to do with it and yet we lost a great opportunity. They should have had more to do with it and had the ability to ensure any eventuality that could derail a potential signing of Genia's magnitude was covered. In my opinion they are not up to the job. Sorry you think its crap AndyS ;-)

Champion
    vCash
    I dont see it being a bad thing... Okay we haven't got Genia, but now how many "world class players" are now going to be testing the waters with the EWF..

I can see the brain's ticking now, (i.e. the Dawyne Peels / the Rohan O'Garas / The Jonny Wilkinsons etc ---- just some names) "Okay they've just offered Genia $600,000 - probably plus incentives etc I could get $1.8m plus for 3 years retire and see the sights of the southern hemisphere...and In my opinon (them thinking not me) I'm better than him and we have a world class international pack..

Now its EWF playing there cards write to get a #9 - #10 - #12....

Lets throw the cheque book at some international stars, if it comes off great, if it doesn't we still have bums on seats as people will come to watch them wear out colours.

Champion
    vCash
    BAHAHAHA... gotta laugh at S.Maafu comment on Twitter

"After his big scoop this week,I wonder if @TimHoran12 will sign with the western force as their media manager?"

What a tosser Tim Horan really is...

Not sure if any1 watched the replay or live coverage of the Force's game over the weekend. I was wondering if Pensioner Clarke & Tossa Tim were actually in WA doing the cross or really at another venue, The only reason I say this is, every ground FS commentary team does commentary they have the playing field / ground in the background, this time there was a big blue (from memory) board in the background.

vCash
    And that is the point, they had nothing to do with it and yet we lost a great opportunity. They should have had more to do with it and had the ability to ensure any eventuality that could derail a potential signing of Genia's magnitude was covered. In my opinion they are not up to the job. Sorry you think its crap AndyS ;-)

How would rugbyWA protect against someone changing their mind at the last minute? Should we have paid off a few reds players on the weekend to throw the game?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I agree with you. And I know other Force members agree that Vern & Co should move out and make way for a better management team. It's time for a fresh start all round.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    At what point would you have congratulated the board if Genia was signed.....not to long after I would expect, they're not that far off the mark IMHO. Like our playing group the results will speak for themselves.

CEO Vern to front media at 2.45pm today at HQ, answers on the way

Last edited by The InnFORCEr; 30-04-12 at 13:58.
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast