Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Weekend results

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Pierre Roberts?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    thats what i was thinking and if thats who you are talking about i would think he has been black listed.

He was asked to join the Perth Gold Set up after the Gold VS Kiwi match and he flat out said no he didnt think he would get anything out of it.

Not really something most WA players would do or say.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Champion
    vCash
    Oh...I did not know that. fair 'nough. He dominated the breakdown and had a great turn of speed.

vCash
    i think he is a great player i rememeber him when he was with baysie in under 20s he was playing under 20s then would have a game off the bench in 1st and still dominate at 19.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Player
    vCash
    I agree with you Hansie, Pierre should go straight past the Gold and Force A teams and into the Force. I think he's the best player in the premier grade at present - phenomenal talent and work ethic second to none;like Brocky before him they should have picked him up early. he would be sensastional at that level.

Agree with you Gaffa - he debuted at 19 in 2009 for me at premier level after getting a few tastes of it in 2008. He dominated every game he started in, only played 12 games due to sickness and still got third in the PG hampshire. He then went to France and played for 2 seasons of pro rugby before returning. I also placed him at No. 8 this year in the Perth Kiwi Team which played the Perth gold - he again dominated that game.

he is one guy that should DEFINITELY be on the Force roster

Why do our best young players haver to go to other franchises to be recognised - Jake White is getting it out of the Brumbies and Zac Holmes is doing OK. What about Ryan Hodson - he's another one. Jono Jenkins, Richard Stanford, Scott Fardy , Sitelani Timana- the list goes on

We really do have to start looking in our own backyard

Last edited by jt12; 12-06-12 at 12:13.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Someone worth poaching do you think Hansie?

Champion
    vCash
    jt - In chatting to Smithy when Chiefs were in town, he had one big criticism of Aussie franchises;

Too much focus on bulk and size to the detriment of ignoring supperior skills.

Granted Sports science says bulk helps in a collision game, but not everybody is a Poey.

You forgot to add that Tyrell and Hoskins are in Rebel hands too.

vCash
    exactly what i was about to say players like PR wouldnt get a look in because of the perceived lack of size which i don’t think matters a lot. if you can hack it than that should be enough. Size is good for something but it also is a major cause of injury’s if you aren’t getting that size in the right way.

Further to JTs comments about local players i am a strong believer that if you are asked to play for you state rep team that it is a huge honor and players should except if they are available and not treat it like you are doing them a favor. It is a huge honor to play for your state and by treating it as anything less you are doing a dishonor to all those who have worn the Black and Gold before you.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Someone worth poaching do you think Hansie?
    you mean poach him back

Champion
    vCash
    Gaffa - too effing right on both counts.

Lotsa young guys putting on bulk more than ligaments and bones can handle.

I wonder if Premier grade coaches would be bold enough to drop a player to the bench if said player turns down rep opportunity? I could not believe in Saffa, Kiwi, Queensland or NSW land that any player would turn down a state spot.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Pierre was one of the blokes that turned the opportunity to play Perth Gold down. He is a great talent although he played limited time at top pro level - Agen looked at signing him but ended up not doing it as I understand from a couple of French mates. a Force A gig would be fair but then again players have to realise they have to crawl before they can walk and thats why the Gold program is in place.

Hansie - what a great idea to drop players if they are not prepared to play state rugby. If a premier grade player don't aspire to play higher level he shouldn't be there in most cases. If the opportunity is given to any Sydney or Brisbane bloke they would take it.

I do think we should start focussing a lot more on skill level and forget about matching the SAFFA and Kiwi packs in size. The game here is great when you see teams moving the point of contact and throw the ball around. Wests is a good example of this.

There's some great talent in Perth and I too don't understand why our guys are not given more opportunity.

Ecky - you must have been under the bottle if you think the Wanneroo Cott game was entertaining. Wanneroo certainly threw that away but it was a very scrappy affair. I was sitting with Hodgo and we both thought that it was one of the worse games seen in the comp for a while. This was obviously judged on this particular games as I have seen much better games played in previous rounds!! It does however seem like the comp has dropped a couple of levels to where it was in the past. It would be great to see our pro players and fringe pro's playing more footy in Perth as it will certainly lift the standard - It's is great to see how many of the kids we coached in rep programs are coming through to play Premier grade footy now

Apprentice
    vCash

Westie Man

It's my understanding that Pierre wasn't asked to attend Perth gold training initially following the Gold versus Kiwi's game although 3 others were.After Pugs questioned this he was then invited. So he told them to forget it. Anyone that watched that game would have to agree that there was Pierre then daylight so my question's are these/who are these so called coaches that have been entrusted with rep duties,what are there credentials/why is there not a meaningful Perth Gold tour organised interstate/3 games played at Mcgillvray to play Uni and Soaks private schoolboy posers under the guise of an academy doesn't constitute a tour.Pierre Roberts week in week out absolutely dominates the opposition,has a great training ethic and does whatever is asked of him.Do the Force even know who he is,I doubt it, they'd be too busy snooping around the Eastern Seaboard academies.Besides all that why would you go to rep training 5 days a week for 6 months to get pumped by a bunch of bro's who got thrown together for 2 minutes.

vCash
    Hey - welcome back ella10!

I said it got entertaining after 1/2 time.

I think maybe my judgement was clouded by the boredom in the 1st half? But it did get better after the break (better than the 1st half) and KK and the other wing did their best to liven things up, no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westie man View Post
    It's my understanding that Pierre wasn't asked to attend Perth gold training initially following the Gold versus Kiwi's game although 3 others were.After Pugs questioned this he was then invited. So he told them to forget it. Anyone that watched that game would have to agree that there was Pierre then daylight so my question's are these/who are these so called coaches that have been entrusted with rep duties,what are there credentials/why is there not a meaningful Perth Gold tour organised interstate/3 games played at Mcgillvray to play Uni and Soaks private schoolboy posers under the guise of an academy doesn't constitute a tour.Pierre Roberts week in week out absolutely dominates the opposition,has a great training ethic and does whatever is asked of him.Do the Force even know who he is,I doubt it, they'd be too busy snooping around the Eastern Seaboard academies.Besides all that why would you go to rep training 5 days a week for 6 months to get pumped by a bunch of bro's who got thrown together for 2 minutes.
    I know for a fact he was a turned it down straight away

http://www.westernforce.com.au/NewsEvents/NewsArticles/tabid/905/ArticleID/5459/Default.aspx

This artical was published on the Tuesday after the game so that allown shows he was invited after the game.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by GAFFA; 12-06-12 at 21:17.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westie man View Post
    There is a difference between playing Perth Club & Super 15.

What's the issue re pvt schools in WA. Turner, Godwin, Zac Holmes, Welborn, Longbottom, Haylett-Petty, Wallace-Harrison to mention a few.

Last edited by Reds81; 13-06-12 at 08:53. Reason: spell

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast