Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BRUMBIES SPOIL SHARPE HOME FAREWELL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I didn't like the way they played either. They are a rudderless ship.with no skipper ATM.
    Just wondering Shasta, by skipper do you Captain or Coach or both?

I thought last night it was painfully obvious that we are suffering from the lack of a (good) coach.
    There is talent amongst our players. Sure we don't have the endless list of big names that the Reds have, but I don't think we have significantly less than say the Brumbies.
    We just need someone to bring it all together.
    I really feel for the boys, it can't be pleasant for them either.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    I also for one will rejoin, no way i am walking put on the force!
    Absolutely! At the moment it feels like the end of a long holiday with the extended family in a small caravan, but it is family and the love will be back after just a little distance. Swear to God though, they pushed me right to the edge with that game in Melbourne!

The one thing that can be taken out of that match was just how quickly they could turn their fortunes around with the change of tactics. There is no lack of talent, it is a lack of direction and the fall-back when confused or pressured is the kick. Once they get a single clear intent going with an effective gameplan, with some solid leadership off the field as well as on, anything is possible (well, provided that they also learn to never, ever think it is over and that they can defend the lead). The ability to turn things around is one of the joys of sport, the Brumbies have shown it this year and from where we are starting we ought to be able to do it even better.

vCash
    The Force will never improve with the selection policy they are running at the moment. When Ma'afu broke his arm on Thursday, it set up a perfect opportunity to blood local talent who more than deserve their spot on their team. Oli Hoskins is a prop in tremendous form and has impressed for numerous seasons now, and was in line for a bench position for yesterdays match, but instead, the Force decided to bring the bloke from Queensland to train for a day or two and expect to perform for them after that. It's becoming beyond a joke, fix your shit!

vCash
    Goes without saying that I will renew....for now it's a good excuse to be away from the MIL! ....and just fingers crossed it will be a good excuse to see decent games of rugby! ...I don't envy the new coach...but then he/she (feel the need to be politically correct!!) couldn't do any worse......could they?

vCash
    Well..I certainly enjoyed the second half, apart from the last 10 minutes of Shiite. It was good to see the backs realise that they can pass the ball past outside centre and they can run onto the ball! Thought Nalaga showed more in last nights game than what we have seen from him all year. As for renewing..of course!

vCash
    Did anyone else notice that Nalaga made no effort to go over and celebrate the second try from the HB with the rest of the team? He stayed right out on his wing miles away and didn't show any joy or even interest at all. I thought that summed up his whole unhappy season at the Force really. Shame.

vCash
    I'll also renew - not saying I'll like it but I'll renew

vCash
    Being a force member is like being on an illicit drug - only difference is that you might pass a drug test....
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Seymour is a young inexperienced guy, these guys are inconsistent. Sometimes it’s within a game, sometimes it’s whole games one good then one bad. In this game he was truly worleful in every aspect of the game, passing, catching, kicking and tackling were all rubbish, certainly not S15 level, in fact not even club level. An example was his set piece kicking. Penalties for touch were lucky to make 15m gain, not one made 20m. He didn’t manage to get it over the half line. His second conversion kick didn’t even make the posts from only 23m slight angle. Not one kick from 22 made the half, and two didnt make the 10m line!! That’s what? Less than 18m!! This complete lack of kicking power is astounding, and places the team under huge pressure when “clearing” kicks go nowhere.

In the first half, there were several passages of play in Brums half (can you believe it hehe), where a pass was literally to nobody, and Cummins for instance had to whiz around inside and back to pounce on the ball on ground. And a few “dazzle dazzle” ones as well that we’re not to hand.

Josh Holmes was also guilty of this on several occasions. This is a guy who was IRB U19 player of year!! Sheehan came on broken ribs and advanced decrepitude notwithstanding made the first half halves performance look like kindergarten stuff! He even managed to inject some “vigor” lol which was sorely missing.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    the hard times make the good ones that much better!
    I've been saying that for seven years, but I can feel my resolve crumbling.....It's definitely good news time!

ps, didn't boo, but agreed with those who did. I think the problem with booing is that it adds nothing to the game, I'd much rather stand and shout out my frustration, which I did several times last night.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    Being a force member is like being on an illicit drug - only difference is that you might pass a drug test....
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Illicit drugs usually give you a high

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    drove down to kunnunarra from mitchell falls through river crossings,rocks,boulders,punctures,dust ,empty car fridge,to find a pub with the game on--wish some of the players had the same fortitude!
    now all stocked up,heading back bush,will be in derby to see the blues game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    I'll also renew - not saying I'll like it but I'll renew
    Got to. Best gig in town.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    And new seats next year

(BGC withstanding)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    drove down to kunnunarra from mitchell falls through river crossings,rocks,boulders,punctures,dust ,empty car fridge,to find a pub with the game on--wish some of the players had the same fortitude!
    now all stocked up,heading back bush,will be in derby to see the blues game
    Now THAT is what I call being a dedicated fan! On ya Gunny!!

Reminds me of those old Cadbury's MilkTray TV ads from years ago.... "And all because the man loves WA's Western Force".

Lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast