Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nearly There.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    RM has got a point. It's not a conspiracy, but when you pretty much have the same 4 semi-finalists year after year who coincidentally have the lions share of the force players then you are going to get some resentment. It's also very boring. There has to be a fairer and more equitable solution regarding the 'distribution' of Force players amongst the premier clubs. Wanneroo usually does OK with getting a few Force players, but we need them. Teams like Nedlands who have ridiculous depth and have for decades made the top 4 in virtually every grade do not need them. And when they play the likes of Rocky or Kala who have zero Force players whilst Neddies have 4 or 5 then that is just bullshit, especially when they are top and the opposition are bottom. It should be the reverse. How awesome would it be seeing the top team getting knocked off by the bottom team who suddenly get an injection of Force players! It would certainly make the Prems division a bit more exciting. I certainly think RWA should be doing more to support clubs like Rocky.
    Not quite as you think Zed! Force players have hardly played this season, so not sure where yo suck that from. Having seen a few games around town this season, my understanding is the following.

Neds had 4 play in Round 1 and then a few weeks later 1 or 2
    Soaks- 2 Godwin[ homegrown & Cotterell in recent weeks]
    Cott- had Brown for a game. Whitts for a few and Tyrone the wing for few.
    UWA- Cummins for a half
    Paly- a few of the front row boys, Nala the wing for a game or 2, Jordan R- got injure
    Wanneroo- Tetra Faulkner- most of the season, WillTupou, Phoenix Battye for a nmber of games, Sam Warra for one or 2, Matt Hodgson for a game. Quite a few here!!
    Wests, Perth, Kala, Rocky[ Ryan Tyrell from the Rebels- local]

So the success of clubs in contention is not due to Force players.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Don't think Neddies have any Force players,currently

Champion
    vCash
    Don't you just love it.... let's bag success, let's cry poor and pull out all sorts of socio economic and geographical reasons, let's point the fingers to the administrators because you cannot acknowledge nor respect a hard working winning club. A few years back - Allan Border, followed by Steve Waugh created a dynasty in cricket - by all accounts RM and ZED would have preferred for Cricket Australia to hand Gilly, Haydo etc to other countries - 'cos we kept winning.

Bloody All Blacks - they too should be sharing their talents around.

Neddies had Pat Delit, Ben Seymour, Josh Holmes and Lochie Caffrey for one game together. We then had Ben Seymour and Lochie for one other game. By the way not one of these guys were referred to us or sent to us by RugbyWA. I personally telephoned Pat Delit when he was still in Sydney and invited him, another committe member did likewise for Ben and Lochie and Josh Holmes came to us because his brother Luke was a Neddies players a few years back.

I guess what Zed and RM are saying we should have phoned these guys and asked them to go to Wanneroo, Rocky or Kalla?

About time success was recognised. Not asking for anyone to love Cott, Neddies, Uni or Soaks, but to respect the hard work their respective committees, coaches and members do to make them the envy of those who cannot give credit where credit is due.

By the way - For the 30th consecutive year - that's right...for 30 years in a row Neddies Premier Grade will be contesting the finals in 2012. An awesome effort by an awesome bunch of ladies and gents.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    Rockingham have done better this year. They have managed to field 4 grades most of the year and their seconds and thirds are pretty useful.

Watched the Wanneroo Under 20 Colts a few weeks ago and there is some sensational talent there to bring forward next year. At least 3 of their Under 20s tight five should be looking at Premier Grade next year!!
    I agree with the "BS" bit.

Have you actually seen Rocky 2nds and 3rds play in this half of the season? Getting seriously pumped almost every game and made up of guys who are playing 2 games or more a day and some of the remnants of 4th grade which folded weeks ago. This is a disturbing situation not a glass half full scenario.

Re Wanneroo under 20's: they have some great kids coming through; only problem is that the odds are that they won't be playing for Wanneroo in seniors - they'll be enticed (like Scobles) to Uni under the guise of free books or tuition fees as so many of the northern suburbs kids are. That's the reality. Uni peddle the story that they are close to rugby wa and players have a better chance of being picked up by the Force Academy if they are aligned with with Uni; and the kids believe it.

vCash
    Mafi has played 2 games for baysie this year.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Hansie, Hansie Hansie,

I thought you'd turned the corner.

You're back to your posturing, big-noting self, atop your soap box!

You have so missed the point.

By your own confession you and your Neddies mates rang the Force players before they even got to Perth and signed them up.

The "point" is that the non-western suburbs clubs are not privy to Pat Dellit etc's contact details in Sydney. How does the likes of Nedlands get these details - and don't pretend you looked them up in the phone book. The fact is that Nedlands, Cott, Uni and Soaks are being fed the info by insiders within Rugby Wa and the rest of the clubs are hung out to dry.

I don't have an issue with Nedlands being successful and I applaud all volunteers in community rugby, however I do have an issue with "how" you win premierships (ie via the cheque book).

If you win the 1st grade premiership this year, can you honestly look yourself in the mirror and say it was legitimate?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie;327171.
    I guess what Zed and RM are saying we should have phoned these guys and asked them to go to Wanneroo, Rocky or Kalla?
    See I knew someone would try and imply I was being resentful hence the reason I clearly stated
    Wanneroo usually does OK with getting a few Force players
    and in previous threads I have often emphasised that Wanneroo is getting their fair share of Force players. Something which I think gives me a certain amount of credibility i.e I'm complaining about the lack of equitably in the distribution of Force players and my club gets a few Force players every year. Why give the finalists from last year 4 Force players for round 1 yet, the cellar dwellers from last year get none. And this isn't a case of tall poppy syndrome, this has nothing to do with Nedlands continual success. I admire them for their ability to succeed year after year in grades 1 - 6. I'm simply taking issue with perceived lack for of support some clubs get. And again this is not Wanneroo I'm complaining about. We are doing fine and have a great future. There are some clubs struggling out there, with teams forfeiting on a regular basis and they have been hung out to dry. Why give the top team ANY force players,?! Preclude the top 4 from having Force players for the following season, allocate them to the bottom 4. Rockingham aren't going to fold, but if they did would you or your any other Nedlands member give two hoots? Perhaps a little bit of magnanimity hey Hansie?

Senior Player
    vCash
    "Perhaps a little bit of magnanimity hey Hansie?"

I'd like to see that!!

Champion
    vCash
    Still waiting for you to answer the previous thread in a previous post regarding our fullback RM..

That along with your comments still prove you have zero credibility.

Yet again I shall answer the question put to me. Will Brock played with Pat Dellit in Sydney and were mates. FYI Will Brock been a Neddies player for 20 years. Will gave me his mobile No.

Regarding Josh Holmes - similar situation, however phone number came from brother Luke.

Regarding Ben and Lochie - like any club could have done - once Nick Taylor had mentioned in the West that they had been signed, our committee member telephoned Mitch Hardy and requested their numbers.

RM - you peddle so much rubbish, you care not to answer any questions put to you - yet again I have answered the above.

Also when are you going to put up your hand and do something positive for Community Rugby? When are you going to stand up and be counted? Most people on here are transparent and do their best for our sport, all you can do is hide behind falsehoods, innuendo, insults and ridicule.... are you man enough or game enough to actually do something?

Actually do you have a backbone?

Champion
    vCash
    BTW RM, offer is still open for you to come down and look through our finances - you were proven a liar on a previous thread - happy to keep showing you up.

vCash
    Semi Finals in Prem will be

1. Neddies
    2. Soaks
    3. UWA
    4. Paly
    * Cott will drop out due to a loss to Neddies.
    UWA vs Wanneroo & Kalamunda
    Paly vs Kalamunda & Baysie
    Cott vs Nedlands & Rockingham.

Also for RM, Hansie and some others on this sites benefit, your diatribe, justification arguements and constant bickering is childish.....and to be honest is fu*king boring If people invested more time at their club and not bleeting, then those clubs would be a lot better off.

Fact is that Rugby is a professional game and those RWA clubs that have embraced professionalism are succeeding. The same issues RWA clubs face, are the same as Sydney & Brisbane i.e population demographics changing, recruitment, retention of juniors.

I haven't heard Sydney Uni or Manly ringing up complaining that EWF are steeling all their juniors
    and then parking them at clubs in Perth. I haven't heard NZ clubs complaining ........they just get on with player development and retention, developing their club culture, sponsorship.....to ensure that they put themselves in the best position every year to be a club of choose and competitive.

The RWA community needs to stand up and ask themselves what are they prepared to do for their club and to support the Force.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRichie View Post
    Semi Finals in Prem will be

1. Neddies
    2. Soaks
    3. UWA
    4. Paly
    * Cott will drop out due to a loss to Neddies.
    UWA vs Wanneroo & Kalamunda
    Paly vs Kalamunda & Baysie
    Cott vs Nedlands & Rockingham.

Also for RM, Hansie and some others on this sites benefit, your diatribe, justification arguements and constant bickering is childish.....and to be honest is fu*king boring If people invested more time at their club and not bleeting, then those clubs would be a lot better off.

Fact is that Rugby is a professional game and those RWA clubs that have embraced professionalism are succeeding. The same issues RWA clubs face, are the same as Sydney & Brisbane i.e population demographics changing, recruitment, retention of juniors.

I haven't heard Sydney Uni or Manly ringing up complaining that EWF are steeling all their juniors
    and then parking them at clubs in Perth
    . I haven't heard NZ clubs complaining ........they just get on with player development and retention, developing their club culture, sponsorship.....to ensure that they put themselves in the best position every year to be a club of choose and competitive.

The RWA community needs to stand up and ask themselves what are they prepared to do for their club and to support the Force.
    Just on that the Shield clubs have been complaining for years about their players not being avaliable to play club rugby. Even more when it comes to the Brumbies players being told they are to play in Canberra in the off season and if they wanted to play in sydney then they will have to find a new super club to play for.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Kala will rise again with or without Force players.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Kala will rise again with or without Force players.
    Did you guys get Drew Mitchell for a few games? How did he go?

vCash
    If I was involved in a club, had resources ($$$) and phone numbers, I'd do exactly the same. It's called Competition and RugbyWA by default allow it. Clubs around the world do it and will continue to do it until various regulations prevent it.
    Previously I have asked at a lower table club, how do you compete with Nedlands? ... after both 1s & 2s got stuffed. Blank faces was the response. I'd suggested approaching disgruntled players at other clubs amongst other ideas ... didn't someone once say 'get your retaliation in first'.
    Rugby in WA needs developing, nurturing and supporting ... not back biting and manipulating a level playing field!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast