Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Vern Reid quits Western Force

vCash
    Vern, thanks for your efforts with the Force - especially getting the InnForcers into the Captains Run in Brisbane in 2010 at short notice.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    This peeves me when we have celebrations on the resignation of our CEO. Whilst he may not have pleased everybody all of the time and maybe not governed as many of you would have liked. No one can deny that this guy put his heart and soul into this job and whilst I have had a few raised eyebrows on some decisions made, never could anyone question his dedication to the game and the dedication to community rugby. Vern, good luck wherever you go and thanks for the time in a thankless job at the head of our club.
    To avoid further peevement, it would be best you don't revisit this thread again

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    What is John Welborn up to lately?
    MD and CEO of Equatorial Resources. A mining company with Iron Ore interests in Africa
    Posted via Mobile Device

Player
    vCash
    Good on you Hansie,
    While some are celebrating the downfall of a good WA rugby guy lets remember
    Vern got us out of Subiaco Oval.....
    He was instrumental in getting the Govt to fork out $100m to turn Perth Oval into a rectangular venue for the Force supporters.....
    AND Vern had a lot to do with moving RugbyWA out of Perry Lakes into its new home.
    The problem in 2012 was the Force did'nt win.... Well Richard Graham was the guy who recruited the players and coached the team into the pits, then he quit after a few games and created a disaster for the the Force.
    Welcome to whoever takes over and best wishes in the chair.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    This peeves me when we have celebrations on the resignation of our CEO. Whilst he may not have pleased everybody all of the time and maybe not governed as many of you would have liked. No one can deny that this guy put his heart and soul into this job and whilst I have had a few raised eyebrows on some decisions made, never could anyone question his dedication to the game and the dedication to community rugby. Vern, good luck wherever you go and thanks for the time in a thankless job at the head of our club.
    i believe we refer to this as democracy Hansie

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Rookie
    vCash
    No way, he want to leave that Job for RugbyWA

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    MD and CEO of Equatorial Resources. A mining company with Iron Ore interests in Africa
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    Good on you Hansie,
    While some are celebrating the downfall of a good WA rugby guy lets remember
    Vern got us out of Subiaco Oval.....
    He was instrumental in getting the Govt to fork out $100m to turn Perth Oval into a rectangular venue for the Force supporters.....
    AND Vern had a lot to do with moving RugbyWA out of Perry Lakes into its new home.
    The problem in 2012 was the Force did'nt win.... Well Richard Graham was the guy who recruited the players and coached the team into the pits, then he quit after a few games and created a disaster for the the Force.
    Welcome to whoever takes over and best wishes in the chair.
    Is that the official Board position Political BS?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Nedlands AGM is on the evening of 8 November. On the morning after I suspect BDG will pen the words:

"This peeves me when we have celebrations on the resignation of our President. Whilst he may not have pleased everybody all of the time and maybe not governed as many of you would have liked. No one can deny that this guy put his heart and soul into this job and whilst I have had a few raised eyebrows on some decisions made, never could anyone question his dedication to the game and the dedication to community rugby. Hansie, good luck wherever you go and thanks for the time in a thankless job at the head of our club. "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
    Anyone else concerned about the fact that Vern Reid might be about to be the new ARU CEO....?!?!?!?
    Or maybe we should be concerned that Jon maybe fancying a CEO job in WA?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Is that the official Board position Political BS?
    Looks like it

EMIRATES WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE

Friday, 12 October 2012

STATEMENT FROM RUGBYWA

RugbyWA Chief Executive Officer Vern Reid has advised the RugbyWA Board that he will not seek to extend his current contract with the franchise.

Reid, who has held the role since 2009, will continue to work with RugbyWA through the transition until a new Chief Executive Officer has been appointed.

“We have completed the recruitment of our new Head Coach Michael Foley and a new-world class coaching panel as well as nearing finalisation of our playing roster for 2013. The timing is right for a new off-field leader to take us into this exciting new era ” Reid said.

“It has been a privilege for me to lead the organisation over these past four seasons, however, with the planned re-launch of the club into 2013 with a new-look professional rugby administration in place and a revamped playing squad, it is an appropriate time for me to hand over to another to take us through the next stage of our development as a rugby stronghold.”

While the 2012 Super Rugby season proved a disappointing one for the Emirates Western Force, the club remained tight-knit with a great deal achieved off-field in the ensuing period.

The club has set about instituting significant change in its professional rugby department, with the new coaching appointments reforming virtually the entire professional rugby department. Significant improvements in recruitment and changes to the playing squad have also been a feature during the last several months.

“Much has been achieved under Vern’s leadership in very difficult circumstances and the Board is grateful for his contribution to the consolidation of the Emirates Western Force as a major franchise in the Australian rugby landscape,“ RugbyWA Chairman Russel Perry said. “We are very appreciative of his efforts both as a Board Member and during his time as CEO.

“We will now begin the process to find his successor, who will continue to take the organisation forward through this period of change.

“I’m grateful that Vern will assist us during this time and that he will remain with the organisation through this transition.”

In addition to recent recruitment and changes in Emirates Western Force staff and playing personnel, RugbyWA – under Reid’s guidance – has realised a number of key milestones for rugby in Western Australia, including:

• local participation numbers exceeding 8,000 for the first time with the standard of local competition lifting significantly. Western Australia now has the third highest rugby participation numbers in the country;

• the club looks forward to moving into the new $95 million dollar first stage redevelopment of nib Stadium. Working alongside the State Government, construction of the new eastern and southern stands is already underway. This upgrade will further consolidate the Force’s ‘Sea of Blue’ supporters as the most passionate in the Super Rugby competition as they move even closer to the rugby action on game day in 2013;

• RugbyWA worked closely with the State Government to deliver its $13m training and administration centre in Floreat, finally relocating from underneath the former Perry Lakes Stadium to its world-class base in the Challenge Sports Precinct and providing a home to all levels of rugby in WA.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    It is easy to be critical of just about anything with hindsight, and I for one will not jump on the bandwagon of negativety levelled at someone who whether we like it or not made decisions that he thought were in the best interest of the organisation.

He did his level best in very trying circumstances, he was not the cause of Genia renaging us, he like most of us thought RG was a good thing before we saw him in action, after all he was a Wallaby Assistant coach. He was not the cause of Poey leaving us, he took over at a time when we lost our stars in the form of Giteau and Mitchell (Drew) and managed to make sure the club functioned and did not dissolve into obsecurity as could easialy have happened.

He did his best, with the best of intentions, so thank you Vern. While not everyone may appreciate the role you played, some of us are etrenally thankful that we have a decent stadium and a decent sport to watch in isoltaed Perth.

Go well and best of luck in the future

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    I have been openly critical of some of Verns decisions, specifically not displaying the requisite leadership as Judas v2.0 Grahams announcement and letting the players decide his non-future at the Force.

What I DO know is he had one hell of a hard job since 2009 with the Force in complete disarray ON THE FIELD. Mitchell v1.0 losing the locker room, Gits and Mitchell v2.0 bailing, Mitchell v1.0 jumping ship, Judas v2.0 getting parachuted in by JON, Judas v1.0, GeniaGate backflip etc etc etc. I do not envy him having to deal with it all.

I suspect the late lapse with the Judas v2.0 was due to the culmination of it all, a build up of pressure. He has had nothing but the best interests of the Force at heart, and I wish him well in his future endeavours.

Personally because I am a naturally optimistic type I choose to remember Vern displaying some backbone and summarily ditching that snotty nosed grovelling little dip shit Judas v1.0

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    I have been openly critical of some of Verns decisions, specifically not displaying the requisite leadership as Judas v2.0 Grahams announcement and letting the players decide his non-future at the Force.

What I DO know is he had one hell of a hard job since 2009 with the Force in complete disarray ON THE FIELD. Mitchell v1.0 losing the locker room, Gits and Mitchell v2.0 bailing, Mitchell v1.0 jumping ship, Judas v2.0 getting parachuted in by JON, Judas v1.0, GeniaGate backflip etc etc etc. I do not envy him having to deal with it all.

I suspect the late lapse with the Judas v2.0 was due to the culmination of it all, a build up of pressure. He has had nothing but the best interests of the Force at heart, and I wish him well in his future endeavours.

Personally because I am a naturally optimistic type I choose to remember Vern displaying some backbone and summarily ditching that snotty nosed grovelling little dip shit Judas v1.0
    ... and applaud him having the backbone to step down. There's no doubting his intentions or heart, but things haven;t worked out under him and he needed to take it on the chin and step aside, which he has done in a timely manner. Onya Vern

Things have really been setup for giving the Force a fresh start, lets hope they can capitalise on this opportunity as I don't see it happening again and being seen as positive.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Well the phrase relaunching the team is certainly now ringing true, new management, new coaching staff and new players! Bring on 2013!!! You beauty!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    ... and applaud him having the backbone to step down.
    I think he was pushed.....

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast