Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Dear Mr Foley

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    when u look at the way hodgo and dhp pek cheese and others play 4 that shirt if the whole sqad was in sinc we would win a few more easy to blame the coach just follow every other code and sack him and where does that get u
    Vulcan - its easy to blame the coach as it is his job to deliver... if, as you point out, the rest of the team is not in sinc?? (Sync) then it lies at the feet of those responsible for team management and delivery... oh yes.. THAT'S THE COACH.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post
    Vulcan - its easy to blame the coach as it is his job to deliver... if, as you point out, the rest of the team is not in sinc?? (Sync) then it lies at the feet of those responsible for team management and delivery... oh yes.. THAT'S THE COACH.
    All I got out of that quote was one incoherent sentence of babble.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Foley has a fair group of players, at the start of this season I would expect wins against Reds, SunWolves, Cheetahs, Rebels, and target wins against Bulls/Blues in Perth. Minimum 7 wins for this season.
    I would not guarantee wins against any of those teams at the moment. Reds have improved and will only get better, Sunwolves have shown promise and we are playing them away. Rebels always seem to do us. I anticipate on current form the Highlanders will do us this coming Friday and we will get done by the Crusaders despite our good record against them. That will just about do our season and I think the CEO and board should be looking at where we go from there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    And Cheika has exactly the same opinion/respect for Michael Foley.
    Two good examples in the last month or so, Rod Kafer "self-realised" he didn't have it as a coach, and realised his was strengths were analysis, and the odd bit of commentary - he works to become the best he can at what he's good at.
    Mike Cron, knows his place, knows what he's good at - is at the top of that tree, don't think he ever deluded himself that he could become the All Blacks coach - it's a totally different job - he knows his limitations.

Cheika respects Foley, as he knows Foleys strengths, he knew what he is useful for. Cheika offered a position in line with Foley's abilities. Foley turned it down, citing the Force as the reason, hubris may have been the more likely reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Des Hasler...
    Love to see Hasler or Toovey exploding in the box every time there's a dud call, or dropped ball.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Nick Taylor - The West Australian on March 28, 2016, 8:06 am

There is a saying that goes: “The pain isn’t going to last forever because things can only get better ...”
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...y-to-continue/
    I think everyone is over on the other threads.

Player
    vCash
    When Foley was made head coach of the Tahs by their board, it was after he had explicitly stated he didn't think he was ready. When he joined the Force he stated it would be like a director of rugby position and they would be looking for a head coach, but not long later the finances went south and no longer any money for another coach.His strengths are probably more the management side than tactical and skills.

I think he does know his limitations as head coach but through circumstances has been forced into the position.

Foley and Sinderberry aren't fools, surely if the cash was there and a suitable coach either as head or attack/skills available they would take it.

Maybe what has being missing in the past is financial guts to take a chance and go into debt earlier by hiring more experienced/expensive coaches, to win games and bring crowds back. Sinderberry has already stated that 13-15k crowds would lead to profit.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ozhammy View Post
    Hi Westies Man,
    I get you are a very influential person at your club with well agreed issues with the connection between The Western Force and local club rugby, both need to work together if we want to retain a super rugby team in the West. Instead of taking the current coach and team apart, and I know I am taking on a local legend here, what do club rugby teams in WA do to support the force? I go to local rugby, no particular support as I am Irish and just love my rugby, but most local supporters don't turn up for the force? That's the bit I don't get, back Home we schedule games to make sure all clubs supporters can make the game. We play tag rugby in the off season, we open the clubs to all, but we all support our team and go to the games?
    Technically I agree, and most of us know the areas the current Force needs to improve, yes we have mostly played or still play, but not at that level, in our time. The ARU has a lot to fix to make Union a national sport, we in the west have a responsibility to keep a team in the premier league by turning up... that bit we can control!! If you do really want rugby union to be played here turn up and watch some of the best players on the planet but accept some of them do not play for us!!
    You have been misinformed I have no influence at Wests whatsoever and am merely a volunteer like hundreds of others around the local scene.
    The perception around town is that the professional arm have screwed over local clubbies and real or imaginary the local rugby faternity is hardly what you would call a forgiving bunch.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    I think he does know his limitations as head coach but through circumstances has been forced into the position.
    I think he doesn't have the ability to be a head coach as it is not his real calling - which is the basis of my comments relating to "know thyself". He's a good forwards coach, he knows that business, neither a head coach nor director of rugby. My opinion is that he made a huge mistake turning down Cheika, it was a way into the higher realms, in a space he would be comfortable with.
    For me it's clear the coach is not up to this job - if he says so himself, it was a silly move to take the job, if he took the job on the promise of something else, then he's not a fool, but very clearly naive.

Don't get too side tracked with Foles, there are numerous other problems with this organisation, I hope Pulver really has some idea about what to do.

The business needs to be run as a business, if Sinderberry says we need 13000 per match - he's the CEO, where's the marketing/business plan that says "this is how we are going to do it". Clearly defined objectives for each department with budgets, implementation plans and evaluation. I must say I'd love a look at it, is it available online?.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Have replayed the game twice today and this is what I got out of it.
    1 Defence is passive and tackler just rolls with the opposition ball carrier instead of trying to dominate the contact.
    2 When the Force carry they are dominated and more often than not end up getting smashed back 2 or 3 meters every time.
    3 Far too much lateral play when a slight change of direction and or hitting an inside runner would have been a lot more beneficial.
    4 Midfield again looked slow and pedestrian and offer very little in the way of attack.
    5 Fell away again massively at 60 minutes.
    6 When players go to the breakdown they should go there with cold blooded intent to inflict damage and shift bodies, some of our guy's look like they are going there to cuddle their mother,
    The conditioning coach should get pissed off because he hasn't prepared this team for the demands that are expected of them.The other things are technique and mindset, all these issues are part of Foley's brief so yeah he has failed.
    Don't get me started on the way he has treated local club rugby and it's volunteers either.
    I for one hope he cops the bullet, the sooner the better.
    Watching it once was more than enough for me, struggled to get across the advantage line for 40(60) minutes then threw the towel in.
    A couple of times they eventually did make some ground in behind, the supporting players were that surprised they couldn't get to the breakdown and the ball was turned over.

vCash
    Don't get too side tracked with Foles, there are numerous other problems with this organisation, I hope Pulver really has some idea about what to do.

The business needs to be run as a business, if Sinderberry says we need 13000 per match - he's the CEO, where's the marketing/business plan that says "this is how we are going to do it". Clearly defined objectives for each department with budgets, implementation plans and evaluation. I must say I'd love a look at it, is it available online?.
    Totally agree.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto

My thinking exactly but better put. The budgets aren't available but a quick look at the financial results from 13-14 show a big drop in marketing (and some rugby areas). Made me wonder if the strategy was reliant on on field success I.e. Spend more on the team, take from other areas,

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 29-03-16 at 18:18.

vCash
    Best post I've read on here Andrew
    The one on page 4 😀

Last edited by kipper_mckinnon; 30-03-16 at 09:51.

vCash
    Love to see Hasler or Toovey exploding in the box every time there's a dud call, or dropped ball.
    Geoff Toovey for sure.

"There needs to be investigation"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    show a big drop in marketing
    Marketing spend is always first to go when things head downward, it shows a real "old school" mentality.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast