Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How I saw it

vCash
    Stanners is wasted out on the wing and your right Shep is a world class fullback who is 100% reliable under the high ball and always does something when he gets it

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    We pay millions of dollars for players like Gits, and this is what we get.

The numbers don't really match up for me...

Champion
    vCash
    well wot i remember of the game. is that we were predictible. inside passes nothing flamboyant. the refs didnt help one bi. but we played crap. and why wasnt pelesasa and o'young used? the flankers need to protect gits better. but if a couple of weeks we keep playing like that. we are in for a long season.

vCash
    I don't think that we can blame the referee for losing last nights game . Due to the quality of rugby played by both sides last night the game should have been called off in the 79th minute and started again there was no real deserving winner of the match , some of the not straight line out calls were a bit ify due to the ref standing out near the No.9 but this effected both sides , Who is the forces other lineout jumpers as it always seemed to go to Sharpe ? Not bagging any team or players but I did not enjoy lasts night game due solely to the quality of the game .If we had got a penalty and won 10 - 8 it would have been a shallow win . Better luck next week

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsid3
    I put it to you all that both Mitchells fell short of expectations tonight. John failed to dominate the tactical opportunities that arise from having reserve players and laws that allow for interchange. Let me explain...
    Agree that changes should have been made to break up the oppos rythm.

I'd have moved gits to 10 and brought on Junior to inside centre and replaced Mitchell with Sare ( Sheps to FB), for a start. That combo looked good in the trial. Junior looked red hot. Hilgendorf was OK but we needed to try something different. Henjak deserved to stay the distance. Best game in a blue shirt so far by a long way.

Shepherd would be 15 next week.

vCash
    Hey guys just remember it was the first game of the year & far as I'm concerned this rubbish about the amount of time the wallabies could play in the trials was a load of crap. They certainly & obviously havn't had time to develop combinations in the backs & this will only come with time.I must agree with Shaun & blindside about the forwards getting in the way of the backs & not using the abundance of reserves, speaking of which ,not straight throw ins don't help the cause at such a crucial time of the game.When the backs did run the ball there was no support in the beakdown consequently we coffed the ball up in penalties etc.Basics it all comes back to basics. I wonder how long we'll be saying that!

cop ya later

vCash
    Yes Mitchell had a shocker of a FIRST GAME hey its the first game of the year with a new back line and yeah I would have started Shep at fullback and Mitchell on the wing for the impotant first game of the seasn but hey I'm not the coach. Anyhow we will find how the season will be after this South African road trip come the force

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2