Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Force v Drua 11.05.24

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Yes the scrum was under pressure. But they stitched up the Brumbies scrum even better last week. Their attacking scrum efficiency is about 94%. Still Marley does not look out of place. I liked our "they can't run without legs" strategy a lot. But contested well when it was on. Our lineout was great, especially on defence. Maul was toweled-up. How did the Beale knockers rate him last night, I wonder? Stewart enormous again - hopefully he signs up again to stay playing with his best mate. Who knew Donelly had the pace to run around a Fijian FB?

Just watched the replay. Hoiles still dislikes us a lot and he's still a dick.
    Yep, plenty to like! (except for Hoiles ... no time for that prick ).

Donnelly ++
    Good to see Rodda's added solidity.
    Marley going well.

Pleasing result.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Kiap; 12-05-24 at 10:54.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    What a great performance! A real contrast to the two prior games. Kuenzle was everywhere and is showing real versatility. Basically everyone played well though.

The main areas of concern would be the rolling maul, which failed badly twice in the red zone, and I think Poolman yet again didn't show enough to justify selection unfortunately.

The scrum was also a bit concerning given it's basically our first choice pack now. It was solid to start with, but then struggled until the subs came on. We should be targeting that area next week, given how decimated the tahs front row is by injury.
    I'm not planning to sweat the maul failures, Mabey was simply letting the Drua collapse every maul with impunity. the lawbook wwent out the window as soon as two players from each team made contact over the ball off the ground.

He was duped a fair bit at scrum time as well. Drua got a good legal shove on for the first two scrums then simply started taking the piss realising that once he's made his mind up on scrums you pretty much can't change it.

Medrano was belted (whether it was fairly is a matter for interpretation, I reckon 50-50 at best) but the loosies did pretty well, both Drua tightheads had to dig deep into the bag of tricks to survive.

C'mon the

vCash
    How did the Beale knockers rate him last night, I wonder?
    I think I'd qualify as a knocker. I thought he played well. There was some typical Kurtley Beale in there (pointless, risky grubbers in midfield being the worst) but what he bought to the table was excellent. If he can get rid of the brain farts and fix up his tackling he'll be awesome, as it stands he's pretty good and last night the good certainly outweighed the bad.

He tackled better than Poolman though!

Gospel. Notice how transparently Hoiles only had a good thing to say about Randwick players. (Donaldson and Beale) and absolutely nothing to say about other players who had massive influences on the game (Stewart, Kuenzle, Rodda, Horton, Tizzano)

Hoiles is a flog, only interested in his own club team and looking to leverage that into a career for him and his mates. Zero respect.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Fiji gave away a scrum, so there is no opportunity for a quick tap. White kicked the ball to prevent exactly that. Different scenarios I'd say.

Ref let the flooding of the breakdowns get a bit messy.
    Nic gained possession of the ball and cleared it to touch, simply didn't hear the whistle sir.......

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Ref let the flooding of the breakdowns get a bit messy.
    Kiwi refs will do that.

I'm pleased that, for once, we didn't crawl away into a corner and sulk about it, we found a way to work with it and took the ref out of the contest.

Us vs Tahs next week, we'll get Gus Gardner instead of some bullshit apprentice!

C'mon the

vCash
    I watched the mini match..I don't recall him saying a positive thing about the Force full stop..and yes..he's still a dick

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I watched the mini match..I don't recall him saying a positive thing about the Force full stop..and yes..he's still a dick
    He said positive stuff about Donno and Kurtley, does that count?

C'mon the

vCash
    Aside from Hoiles being Hoiles. I hope Stan never get him to commentate a match again. There was no energy or excitement in his tone. He should be docked his pay for that performance.

I rarely pay too much attention to the commentary with 2 now expressing Tizzano come from the tahs. Horan only speaking about Pasitoa as a nudgee boy. Then all whinging that the West doesn't bring anything. But even then, at least call the game and not bitch about the Force getting a call their way. Which on the night I thought it was a knock on but watching the replay it was in conclusive to me. For once in my life I share the opinion that the TMO must of reviewed and been very competent at their job...

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    Hamish Stewart and Bayley Kuenzle massive …. Carlo surely in Joe Schmidt’s sights …. Well played all !!
    Blue tinted glasses but for my money Horto, Izack, Jeremy, Carlo, Nic, Issac, Donno, Hamish, Bailey, Kurtley should all be on the radar.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gareth Chilcott after his last game for Bath in 1993
    “I thought I would have a quiet pint… and about 17 noisy ones.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
    Blue tinted glasses but for my money Horto, Izack, Jeremy, Carlo, Nic, Issac, Donno, Hamish, Bailey, Kurtley should all be on the radar.
    If Aussie Joe is clever he'll pick a humongous first squad and whittle it down quickly.If he does I wouldn't argue most of your picks. Kurtley is a bit soon, given the quality of outside backs on hand and I'm not sure issak has done enough to get ahead of White and McDermott. If Lonergan is considered given his shocking decline, then yes but I don't think either have earned gold at this moment.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    If Aussie Joe is clever
    Name:  Aussie Joe.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  67.9 KB

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    ...he'll pick a humongous first squad
    Have been pondering on this for a couple of weeks.
    Given the spirit of a fresh start, if I had to make the decision, I would seriously go the SR Managements of each Franchise and say to the effect of, "I have selected these (insert number) players for the first Train On Squad and RA will cover their week in Camp. If you believe there is any other eligible player that deserves consideration or would benefit from this first week then send them along, but it will be at your cost. I also invite any of your Coaches to attend this week as observers, but that also will be at your cost."
    Jumbuk Joe should be astute enough to nail 90% of his Squad, particularly with modern media and the embedded time he has had at all five locations, but I think he would also be astute enough to be open to input, from those who have had them all season, around the fringe selections.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Ok, so now that we've fixed the Wallabies selection problem, we need to get working on the war in the middle east, solving perpetual motion and free power then. at the end of the day, something hard. Getting Rugby Australia to sign off on it.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    we did quite well, with our 48-10 but there was some cricket going on in the UK.

Northampton thump Gloucester 90-0

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    we did quite well, with our 48-10 but there was some cricket going on in the UK.

Northampton thump Gloucester 90-0
    Stunning score. Almost as stunning as the Arsenal away kit (pic lower down the page). Apparently enough to stun Man U into conceding at home.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast