Thread: NSW lose Wallabies forward in latest body blow

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

NSW lose Wallabies forward in latest body blow

A miserable season has got even worse for the Waratahs following confirmation that Ned Hanigan and Will Harrison will leave the club at the end of the season.

Versatile forward Hanigan has signed a two year deal in France while five-eighth Harrison has inked a two year contract in Japan.

Hanigan, 29, has 28 Test caps for the Wallabies and was playing some of his best rugby this season for the last placed Waratahs.

"Will and Ned will always hold a special place at the Waratahs," NSW coach Darren Coleman said.

"It's been a pleasure to have them both at the club. They're great players on the field and more importantly terrific people off the field.

"They've overcome numerous injury setbacks throughout their careers and always worked hard to get back.

"I'm confident they will go on to enjoy further success in their professional careers overseas and on behalf of the Waratahs I'd like to thank them for all that they have contributed.

"I wish them all the best in the next phase of their careers, and they'd always be welcome back in the sky blue."

Harrison's departure leaves Tane Edmed and Jack Bowen as the playmaking options at the Waratahs while Rebels star Carter Gordon looms as a potential recruit next season.

"I'll always love the club and I'll be leaving nothing in the tank as we look to finish the season off strongly," Harrison said.

The departures come after the Sydney Morning Herald reported that Waratahs captain Jake Gordon had requested an early release from his contract that was rejected by Rugby Australia.

The uncertainty at the cash strapped Rebels has added more confusion in a competitive player market while the Waratahs have said they will wait until the end of the season to make a decision on Coleman.

"We've been very clear in communicating with our all our staff and players around 'this is where we find ourselves.' It's very difficult, to commit to people as of today," NSW Rugby chief executive Paul Doorn told Wide World of Sports on Wednesday.

"We've still got work to be done in that space... and I appreciate that it's a global market out there.

"So, when people are offered opportunities, then all I ask - and which is what we've always done - is sit down and have a conversation about the opportunities that exist here. But we're not in the business of promising people and doing things out of cycle.

"There's a a very clear process and the timeframe associated with that. But it's one of the most tricky things about running a rugby business, is that it's a global game.

"And with that comes opportunities... how do you get people to continue their career progression here, and overlay that with our time frames of the decision making with three rounds to go? It's really difficult."

FORCE vs WARATAHS in Perth, Saturday 7.35pm kickoff AEST

FORCE (1-15): Harry Hoopert, Tom Horton, Santiago Medrano, Jeremy Williams (c), Izack Rodda, Will Harris, Carlo Tizzano, Reed Prinsep, Nic White, Ben Donaldson, Chase Tiatia, Hamish Stewart, Bayley Kuenzle, George Poolman, Kurtley Beale

Reserves: Feleti Kaitu'u, Marley Pearce, Tiaan Tauakipulu, Lopeti Faifua, Michael Wells, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Sam Spink, Henry O'Donnell

WARATAHS (1-15): Lewis Ponini, Jay Fonokalafi, Enrique Pieretto, Fergus Lee-Warner, Miles Amatosero, Lachie Swinton, Charlie Gamble, Jed Holloway, Jake Gordon (c), Will Harrison, Dylan Pietsch, Lalakai Foketi, Joey Walton, Triston Reilly, Mark Nawaqanitawase

Reserves: Ben Sugars, George Thornton, Brad Amituanai, Hugh Sinclair, Langi Gleeson, Jack Grant, Tane Edmed, Izaia Perese

Referee: Jordan Way

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/othe...12216d34&ei=60

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    At this rate RA are going to have to cut the Rebels and move the entire playing staff to Sydney to field a team for next year!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    At this rate RA are going to have to cut the Rebels and move the entire playing staff to Sydney to field a team for next year!
    it does kinda look like a lift and shift is in the offing now - Thas look like they are imploding. Take the Rebels out of the dark navy jersey and throw a light blue one on em - boom top 8

Gareth Chilcott after his last game for Bath in 1993
    “I thought I would have a quiet pint… and about 17 noisy ones.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
    it does kinda look like a lift and shift is in the offing now - Thas look like they are imploding. Take the Rebels out of the dark navy jersey and throw a light blue one on em - boom top 8
    That will depend upon whether Stephen Hoiles, who is clearly angling for DC's job, wants them doesn't it?

C'mon the

vCash
    Dejavu...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    That will depend upon whether Stephen Hoiles, who is clearly angling for DC's job, wants them doesn't it?
    Could be Kevin Foote given the role to bring the team/staff similar to Wessels

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Bummer, thought heading referred to this weekend...

To be honest, I think Harrison a bigger loss than Hanigan for both Tahs and Aus Rugby.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Who knows what goes through the minds of the NSW powerbrokers but I would have thought that Foote has demonstrated capability at SR level after this season. While Hoiles has Shute Shield success, I would have thought that his next move would be Assistant Coach? Perhaps MLR success would be seen as something - who knows?

Gareth Chilcott after his last game for Bath in 1993
    “I thought I would have a quiet pint… and about 17 noisy ones.”

vCash
    Who knows what goes through the minds of the NSW powerbrokers but I would have thought that Foote has demonstrated capability at SR level after this season. While Hoiles has Shute Shield success, I would have thought that his next move would be Assistant Coach? Perhaps MLR success would be seen as something - who knows?
    Yes, you make a fantastic, logical argument for a commonsense solution.Stephen Hoiles has Randwick connections, has won the most recent Shute Shield and has plenty of friends in snooty Sydney boardroom circles.Kevin Foote is from South Africa.The prosecution rests your honour.

C'mon the

vCash
    While watching the replay I kept saying to SWMBO who the f@@k is this wanker commentating. I suppose I should have guessed. What a RC that bloom is. Makes Kearnsy look good.

May the FORCE be with you!