Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Podcast to MP3

vCash

Podcast to MP3

So I got myself a set of bone conduction headphones (MP3 player) for when I'm swimming boring laps. Simple enough to load music but I'm finding it hard to figure out how to download podcasts either as MP3 or maybe convert the files to that format. Anyone know how to get that done? Most of the people I know are technotards like me.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    So I got myself a set of bone conduction headphones (MP3 player) for when I'm swimming boring laps. Simple enough to load music but I'm finding it hard to figure out how to download podcasts either as MP3 or maybe convert the files to that format. Anyone know how to get that done? Most of the people I know are technotards like me.
    IF you can download the podcast (and often that isn't possible) you can use either handbrake or Audacity to format shift it to MP3, the biggest hurdle will be your ability to export anything you've downloaded to a file you can convert.

I know Spoitfy makes that a right pain in the arse, even if you're paying for premium.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    IF you can download the podcast (and often that isn't possible) you can use either handbrake or Audacity to format shift it to MP3, the biggest hurdle will be your ability to export anything you've downloaded to a file you can convert.

I know Spoitfy makes that a right pain in the arse, even if you're paying for premium.
    Thanks. I've tried a couple of pod websites sites and that's the case - you can do it but only play from an app embedded in the browser. A laptop doesn't work too well under water. I cant figure out how to find the downloads I've got on stored Android either. Bugger. Might just keep looking otherwise its music only, which is no so bad anyway.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    A laptop doesn't work too well under water.
    Be a bugger to swim with too...

Out of interest that includes zero chance of me swimming a lap this decade...
    What's the sound quality like?
    Do you hear outside noise?
    Water splashing?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Be a bugger to swim with too...

Out of interest that includes zero chance of me swimming a lap this decade...
    What's the sound quality like?
    Do you hear outside noise?
    Water splashing?
    Like everything there's cheap shit - which Ive tried for cycling and they're rubbish. The ones I have are a good brand - Shokz Open Swim. I'd rate them below my $50 Senneheiser earbuds which I use on the bike now, but actually pretty impressive for what they do. A bit heavy on the bass and the sound varies when your ear is out of the H20 - but unfortunately I need to breathe occasionally. Breathing out interferes slightly too. But overall I'm pretty happy with them. Well except for the podcast bit. They come with rubber earplugs that cut down outside noise to a fair degree.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Search for "ripper" for whatever streaming service you use.

If anything exists that should find it, but they're typically disabled until you pay.

You might have more luck with iTunes or Google music, I've found the iTunes library before and I think Google music allows downloads.

There are also lots of websites you can use to download from YouTube but they are, of course, illegal so I won't suggest any of them.

C'mon the

vCash
    Thanks again. Google is discontinuing in favour of YouTube music. Which I suppose will cost but at least MP3 download will work. I set up iTunes for Windows to download new Eps but I can't see how to access back catalogues. I'll see how it goes.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Shasta

here is a different option for you.

some Podcasts are on youtube.

Loading the weblink from Youtube into Free-Software called Viddly will allow you to convert the youtube file to mp3.

Give me a yell if you need some assistance

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

vCash
    Thank X. The one I'm most interested is on YT. So I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Also try "Internet Download Manager". It runs as a separate program and as a browser extension

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    OK; so once again thanks for the suggestions. X - yours would not run on Windows 10. But anyhoo, just on the remote chance any other TWFers want to do it - somewhere between trying to nut that plus B&B's suggestion, I stumbled on a link at PC Mag leading to

https://www.4kdownload.com/products/youtubetomp3-72

Scanned safe by McAfee & Microsoft. Works a treat. Just enter the YT url and it downloads, converts and stores the MP3 in a folder in Windows Explorer.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    sorry mate - but mine is running on Windows10

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    sorry mate - but mine is running on Windows10
    Weird. I think I'll stick with the one I found anyway as it's idiotproof. Does everything seamlessly - once you've done one manually it even transfers the URL from Firefox when you select the video you want converted.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    OK; so once again thanks for the suggestions. X - yours would not run on Windows 10. But anyhoo, just on the remote chance any other TWFers want to do it - somewhere between trying to nut that plus B&B's suggestion, I stumbled on a link at PC Mag leading to

https://www.4kdownload.com/products/youtubetomp3-72

Scanned safe by McAfee & Microsoft. Works a treat. Just enter the YT url and it downloads, converts and stores the MP3 in a folder in Windows Explorer.
    4k downloader is good stuff too

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Veteran
    vCash
    yt-dlp is one of the best pieces of software for this sort of thing. i would expect that the majority of rippers actually run it in the background.

If you make a playlist and send it to me, i am happy to rip it for you and make it available.

I will find a link for yt-dlp and send it. It will be guarenteed not spyware/sell your data and toilet habits to google and your insurance company.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast