Thread: 2024 Western Australia Schoolboys XV

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

2024 Western Australia Schoolboys XV

There isn't one.

Despite generations of raising community funds and scraping together the necessary support to send previous Squads, RugbyWA has not seen fit to send a WA presence to the 50th Anniversary Tournament.

There is a NSWJRU hosted Barbarians XV which you would assume WA could have nominated players for and could've at least allowed some presence, but looking at the story linked below and, despite Northern Territory, South Australia and Tasmania managing a player to that team, to my knowledge, none are from WA.

I hear some talk of not meeting RWA's "strategy".
    If that is the case, I would suggest the rest of Australia have a different strategy, as literally every other catchment has a presence.

https://schoolsrugby.com.au/boys-xvs-team-lists/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    There isn't one.

Despite generations of raising community funds and scraping together the necessary support to send previous Squads, RugbyWA has not seen fit to send a WA presence to the 50th Anniversary Tournament.

There is a NSWJRU hosted Barbarians XV which you would assume WA could have nominated players for and could've at least allowed some presence, but looking at the story linked below and, despite Northern Territory, South Australia and Tasmania managing a player to that team, to my knowledge, none are from WA.

I hear some talk of not meeting RWA's "strategy".
    If that is the case, I would suggest the rest of Australia have a different strategy, as literally every other catchment has a presence.

https://schoolsrugby.com.au/boys-xvs-team-lists/
    The answer to your question is simply answered by one world “RUGBYWA”

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm strongly opposed to this constant RugbyWA bashing.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    This matter has been well covered in previous years.
    The Schoolboys competition is run outside the program that is run through RAu and the State Unions which has a focus on the U16 and U19 national competitions. These lead to representing Australia in the U20 competition.

The WF and RugbyWA has just completed the promoting rugby competition for secondary school boys and girls between 13 schools across the metropolitan area - playing for the UWA Western Force Cups. These boys and girls involved are free to play for the local clubs if they are attracted to rugby union. Most of the school teams included players who already are.

Like other school trips, if players want to be involved then the fund raising for involvement is usually up the the students and parents.
    As I understand it, in the Private Schools, if students play the school then they are unable to play club rugby because the private schools play on Saturday as well. Hence the Secondary School focus.

Although I understand that the schoolboy competition may have been established before the U16 and U19 programmes it's now been superseded. To have this issue raised each year is tiresome.

It also has NOTHING to do with the Western Force which for me is what TWF (The Western Force Supporters Site) is all about.

Last edited by andrewg; Yesterday at 04:12.

Champion
    vCash
    Since you seem to have all the answers perhaps you can tell us the reasoning behind about why there is no Perth Gold squad this season or has that been superseded as well, apologies if this post does not meet the criteria to be allowed to post on The Western Force Supporters Site

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Since you seem to have all the answers perhaps you can tell us the reasoning behind about why there is no Perth Gold squad this season or has that been superseded as well, apologies if this post does not meet the criteria to be allowed to post on The Western Force Supporters Site
    I certainly DO NOT have all of the answers............

Perhaps you can advise what competition Perth Gold would play in. Against which other teams?

The game is serious trouble with some teams, some State Unions and RAu experiencing financial difficulties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    It also has NOTHING to do with the Western Force which for me is what TWF (The Western Force Supporters Site) is all about.
    There are literally three sub-forums on this website dedicated to this kind of thing. If you don't like it maybe steer clear of the WA Metro Rugby sub-forum, WA Country Rugby sub-forum and the WA School Boys sub-forum.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Good advice Jargon83.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    I'm strongly opposed to this constant RugbyWA bashing.
    i'm sure you are!,lol

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Now, now, Gunny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    i'm sure you are!,lol
    Aren't you supposed to be off somewhere playing golf or drinking Leo's or something?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David