Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WHAT THE???

vCash
    yeah... here's hoping it wasn't the first of several losses

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Ouch! I guess I just have to put up with Bacon's crap until we redeem ourselves. Personally I think we made our own luck, the crusaders got away with everything because they LOOKED like 53-blot winners, we looked like the Rocko under 8s (my boy plays for them, and kicks better than just about everyone wearing blue yesterday) I guess we know now exactly where we sit, BTW the NZ teams that we can't play against wouldinclude the Hurricanes wouldn't they, or they South Effrigen as well?

Can't wait to get back to the Fortress!

C'mon the

vCash
    Now did anyone see those Crusaders cheerleaders? Gee they we're good!

Brother Gallagher I hear you

vCash
    A few years back the Crusaders put out collectible cards of all their players and they even did ones for all the cheerleaders and you also got an album to put the cards all in. I think they have their own website or something, Paul Kelly Motor co. dancers they're called i'm pretty sure!! I think last night's game proved why the force need to cut back on the kicking-without-putting-the-ball-into-touch bizo they've been doing all season bcoz the crusaders showed why it doesn't work. the force hadn't met a team yet that punished them for it and now they have so hopefully we'll see less sub-par intelligence kicking and more blistering runs and solid fends!! (and the odd good, long distance, sheperd-esque kick)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by no.8
    This is gonna be funny..

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by no.8
    you mean "were"

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    you mean "were"
    unless #8 was one of them

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Neck injury may end career

By Courtney Walsh
    April 09, 2007

THE career of Western Force hooker... (This part of the article found here: http://thewholeforce.com/showthread.php?t=7076 ) ...Australia's World Cup squad.

Several members of the shell-shocked Force spent yesterday playing golf at Christchurch's Clearwater Resort after its worst defeat in its two-year history.

It was also the first time Force had failed to score. Giteau said it was important for the team to forget the thumping and regroup for the crucial match against the Chiefs in Hamilton on Saturday.

"I think that is the biggest thing, and because it is such a short and intense competition, you can't afford to dwell or worry about it too much," Giteau said.

"(Yesterday was) a good day to clear the head, have some fun. It is good to get away and just get back together so that we can prepare for what is going to be a tough match."

Force coach John Mitchell was extremely critical of his side's effort against the Crusaders, saying several seemed to put themselves ahead of the team.

"Some of our team-mates went missing, that's the thing that guts you," Mitchell said after the loss.

Giteau was equally critical.

"To be honest, I don't think we fronted up as a side," he said.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Better to lose to the Crusaders now. I'm sure the guys will be more prepared when they face the Crusaders in the final.

Rookie
    vCash
    That's such a right shame about Cannon. I would have said it was between him and Paul with the national selection.

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 10-04-07 at 10:35. Reason: inane comment
    This is my signature.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    It's reactionary I know, but going from tonights limp effort I believe it is time Mitch gave a few people a wake up call.
    1. Gareth Hardy
    2. Matt Giteau
    3. Chris O’Young

That's at the moment, probably will have mellowed a little by morning!
    Well? Haven't had time to mellow yet?

Would you really drop C O'Y after just one start. I know that you realise, even though he was pretty bad, he didn't lose the match for us, Burgs. That's why I thought you might have put him back in by now.

After the patience shown for Yak last year I reckon it would be truly bad form from the selectors not to give O'Young a decent shot while Yak is out. It would sure seem out of character for J Mitchell as well.

The thing I'd like to know most of all after that little wake-up call is whether the game plan was supposed to change and the players were incapable. If the game plan was not supposed to change to suit the Saders I'd have a few questions of the coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by GiteauIsGunnaScoreTwenty
    Ouch! I guess I just have to put up with Bacon's crap until we redeem ourselves.
    Nah bugger that. If he gives you any lip just tell him to look at the points table.

Or better still tell him you might pay some attention if the Saders ever put 96 points on The Force

Last edited by shasta; 10-04-07 at 10:24. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Rookie
    vCash
    That's a shame, I've been kind of nice recently.

We'll have to revisit this at the end of the regular season, but if you're not in the top 4, you're nothing. It doesn't matter if you're 5th or 14th. Right now, the Force are not in the top 4 and they still have to play two of the teams that are.

This is my signature.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon
    ...if you're not in the top 4, you're nothing. It doesn't matter if you're 5th or 14th
    You just keep telling yourself that...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Rookie
    vCash
    No no, you tell yourself the opposite when you're watching the other teams compete in the semis.

It's the sad reality. It's all the same when the semis start. If you didn't make it, you didn't make it.

P.S. Yes I like the tahs, so you'd have to take my word for it that it's the same, except this year we got the whole season to get used to the idea. It's harder when you get shafted in the last weeks.

This is my signature.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I've watched other teams compete in the semis every year, and in teh next few years I hope to see the Force there.

Face it Bacon - you've got nothing...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast