Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Force Biffo

vCash

Anyone who's been involved in a team environment would know that there's always some who doesn't like or who doesn't get along with someone else. Sometimes even amongst friends, it could be a simple comment taken the wrong way. If it had not been for Hare being hospitalised we probably wouldn't have heard about it.

None-the-less, it doesn't look good and from the viewpoint of the Coach, it immediately puts the Force on the backfoot. We were looking forward to a Yak-Gits combination in what had looked to be (and probably still is) a promising season.

After the Queensland trial, my vote would still go out to Stannard to start at 9 simply to keep the other pre-season combinations intact. If things don't go to script then perhaps move Gits to scrummie and so on. Anyhow, I'm sure that the coaching staff had worked out contingencies and we'll still be good to go.

I'm seeing the Sharks giving each other hi-fives at the moment.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I think there is something more going on here. All the teams in Super 14, NRL, AFL, etc. all seem to have this clownish things happening!
    Maybe it's a high organised way of giving the guys a badly need rest periods?

Haig has not had much down time since he's been with the Western Force - maybe this is the way they can guarantee that he'll get a six week break - a high supplement diet and a lot lower and mid body exercise.

Again with Henjak - maybe they are thinking we'll get the points in the bag in South Africa so then we can give him a 2 week break and he'll have a break when we play the Crusaders and Blues outfits!
    Then he'll be back for the big challenge in Queenstown?

I could be wrong, TQ1 often tells me that...

Brother Gallagher I hear you

vCash
    That's an interesting training program there 8.
    What do you do for a guy who needs to work on his step? break his kneecap?

C'mon the

vCash
    I'm with Gerry and i said it earlier. Frankly it is not hard to break someone's jaw. We always assume that the injured person is the victim but that is rarely true. I'm not supporting violence but i am supporting justice the and principals of a fair trial. Wait it out. We prob will never find out what was said or whether either players were justified in their actions but as true supporters lets at least have faith in management to investigate this matter fairly and handout the appropriate punishment based on the facts that they uncover. I will be utterly disappointed if henners is dropped or finds himself out of contract. From a rugby respective i think it would be terrible. Yes i feel sorry for haig (queer one you're looking at around a 3mth recovery period) but i'm also devastated for henners because he has so much to give rugby with respect to his talent. *sigh* Lets just wait it out and show the whole team the support and respect they deserve...you can't punish everyone for this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    That's an interesting training program there 8.
    What do you do for a guy who needs to work on his step? break his kneecap?
    McKay must be better then Giteau by now...looking for big things from Pelesesa next year as well...

vCash
    McKay is gunna be bigger than the beatles aye

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    McKay is gunna be bigger than the beatles aye
    he should watch out for Heather Mills then

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

vCash
    A summary of Omera's interview on 6PR this morning (sorry, this is the best I could come up with..see if I can get more in due course).

Western Force assault
    Int: PETER O’MEARA, ex-CEO Western Force - situation very frustrating; club has invested a lot of time, money in consultant reports; Western Force unique in having to relocate rugby professionals from east to here; Henjak a terrific guy but has alcohol-management issues; sounded like joke that turned serious; Henjak’s contract almost torn up immediately; Henjak has given undertaking not to touch alcohol for rest of season.

vCash
    Morning all,

Interesting thread. Quite clearly there is a problem of some description within the club. It's either personnel or drug abuse.

No amount of "let's just wait and see" or "as long as we are performing onfield" (the West Coast Eagles defence) will make any difference.

It's pretty clear management have had it with Henjack and it's the only approach to take. While Henjack is a top player there are another couple of dozen blokes whose livelihood and health is on the line too. If he's the bad egg, he has to go.

We know exactly what has to be done from past experience. You can't cover it up (the club's tried that before) and you can't go through the motions without some kind of punishment. These boys are footballers, not intellectuals. They understand the carrot and stick.

It would seem someone is going to lose a job here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bread View Post
    McKay must be better then Giteau by now...looking for big things from Pelesesa next year as well...
    Breed - I detect a certain amount of disbelief in your post - unlike Gigs.

This type of things has been going on in sport for ages - who could forget the big season O'Driscoll had had with Leinster and Ireland prior to the Umaga spear tackle on him in front of the linesman - did he get a good rest or what?, the infamous Chicago Black Sox, the profiteering Aussie match fixing Cricketers and when they introduce the Japanese into Roller Ball..well I'm not going to even go there!

Seriously though, these guys losing the plot, it seems strangely suicidal!

Brother Gallagher I hear you

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by no.8 View Post
    Seriously though, these guys losing the plot, it seems strangely suicidal!
    put nicely no8, couldn't agree more !!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Morning all,

Interesting thread. Quite clearly there is a problem of some description within the club. It's either personnel or drug abuse.

No amount of "let's just wait and see" or "as long as we are performing onfield" (the West Coast Eagles defence) will make any difference.

It's pretty clear management have had it with Henjack and it's the only approach to take. While Henjack is a top player there are another couple of dozen blokes whose livelihood and health is on the line too. If he's the bad egg, he has to go.

We know exactly what has to be done from past experience. You can't cover it up (the club's tried that before) and you can't go through the motions without some kind of punishment. These boys are footballers, not intellectuals. They understand the carrot and stick.

It would seem someone is going to lose a job here.
    As much as it hurts I have to agree with you, Henjak is a good player but he obviously has some problems that are affecting the whole team. Why they were drinking alchol the day before flying out beats me. Henjak and Sare seemed to be getting on alright at the Reds game on Thursday night. Hope this isn't going to have too much of an effect on the teams performance in South Africa.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    As much as it hurts I have to agree with you, Henjak is a good player but he obviously has some problems that are affecting the whole team. Why they were drinking alchol the day before flying out beats me. Henjak and Sare seemed to be getting on alright at the Reds game on Thursday night. Hope this isn't going to have too much of an effect on the teams performance in South Africa.
    It can't help but have an effect, right? Good knows what is actually happening among the players, the team's rep is already questionable (even by dodgy Yarpie standards) which will have the media all over them, and we're playing away up against the runners-up.

vCash
    The reason for pushing a wait and see theory is that we don't know what happened. If Henjak is at fault and it comes out that he has a drinking problem/anger management problem then i totally agree - regardless of talent he needs to be dealt with. But at least wait until we're certain of the facts before we condemn him, or at least have faith that rugbywa will take the appropriate action...something you should be certain of given their obvious displeasure about the incident.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast