Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Petition Discussion

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    An opposition pollie heh heh heh

Well we can be pretty sure the present government isnot going to do an about turn and put up a rectangular stadium...

Soooo......get onto Troy the Boy...show him how much support there is....he has a guaranteed 30,000 votes if he committed to a rectangular stadium....and he would have lots of barbs to throw...ie Fong etc

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    I think it worth approaching the Town of Vincent Council and the local MOP or opposition for Vincent. I'm pretty sure the TOV council have a vested interest in upgarding MES and the MOP or the opponent may want to back it as an election issue.

As well as getting punters to sign up should we try to get some well known names onboard? It may add some more credibility to it...just a thought.

Just happy to be here

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Gerry, I would dearly love to say something in regards to your proposal of recommending voting for "Troy" but I am deeply mindful of a sharp admonishment I received fom Burgs some time ago when I was foolish enough to make a political post.

Suffice to say there are some things even this little rat won't do.

vCash

Where are we at?

So where is this petition at?

We up to printing them yet?

Hope I am not being pushie or anything!

I vote - GIVE US A RECTANGLE STADIUM!!!!!!

vCash
    Does presenting this petition to the government allow the opposition to have a look at it as well? I know i studied political and legal studies in year 11 & 12 but my knowledge of parliamentary procedures is a bit rusty these days

vCash

well said...

Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Wats better a 35,000 sell out or half
    stadium? Even if Rugby Union/Western Force are the primary tennants
    actualy i'd be happy to pay extra for a ticket too... as if the stadium was smaller the price would also have to be higher to compensate for lost revenue... actualy 30-35k would be a pretty good size i think..

also note.. as perth gets bigger, the ground size may not nessisarily need to grow. sport is an entertainment with ebbs and flows... if you just projected crowds in a normalized curve the wild cats would not have a stadium big enough to hold all the people by now.. but is this actualy the case.. no.. crowd figures can not be projected like that..

auss.

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unipirate View Post
    So where is this petition at?

We up to printing them yet?

Hope I am not being pushie or anything!

as soon as gigs tells me its uploaded i can get printing started

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    as soon as gigs tells me its uploaded i can get printing started
    a copy will be here befor 5

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Gerry, I would dearly love to say something in regards to your proposal of recommending voting for "Troy" but I am deeply mindful of a sharp admonishment I received fom Burgs some time ago when I was foolish enough to make a political post.

Suffice to say there are some things even this little rat won't do.
    I've read some of your political rants Fulvio (dare I say..diatribe?) on some other site and I would suggest to everyone to refrain from encouraging you.

Last edited by KenyaQuin; 19-02-08 at 14:37.

vCash
    Chacun a son gout, Kenya

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Fulvio I have always welcomed your opinion on all posts here in TWF.

But fearful as you are from a further admonishment from a travelling Burgs. I would rather see your great intellect used for good rather then evil.

If you could cast a learned eye over our suggested petition text that would be greatly appreciated

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

vCash
    X, I have had a look at it and made some suggestions to GIG20, but I can't see much wrong at all with the way you guys have prepared and worded it. Excellent effort.

There is nothing party political in it that I can see and it should be well received by both sides of politics. As to outcome, let's all hope.....

By the way X, I don't mind being told where to go, I've been told by experts in the past!

vCash
    gigs its 5:18

just thought i'd let you know

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    By the way X, I don't mind being told where to go, I've been told by experts in the past!
    Fulvio one thing you can count on - I wouldn't dream of having the audacity of telling you to go anywhere, well apart from to joining me at JB's for a cold libation.

As far as I am aware an expert is a drip under pressure.

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    gigs its 5:18
    Patience Grasshopper

Exile
    Port Macquarie

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast