Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Poached Eggs.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    So the answer is, every club should withdraw from under 18 and colts competition and let Uni play with themselves?

Won't happen.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Uni may almost have enough colts teams to have their own competition the way things are going.

An ex SAS chap I know at Associates is not happy with Uni - may be a few after dark raids on McGillivray Oval this year!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    DD - if you had just an ounce of empathy for the local competition you would know that the two issues that continue to simmer away under clubland are:

1) Player poaching and the disparity between what the various clubs spend on recruitment / retention; and

2) EWF player distribution amongst the clubs.

At last glance this thread had well over 9,000 hits and 182 replies including a number from you so you are either:

1) blissfully ignorant of whats happening in the clubs and whats important to them;

2) a closet Nedlands supporter.

3) a wanker; or

4) all of the above.

Every one of my comments have been validated. The comment by thatguy above is just one of many examples.

If anyones whinging its you. Look behind you, Force Guy's following you around with his tongue hanging out!
    RM - blah blah blah -

- The poaching of players and players of today have very little club loyalty is a fact
    - Do Neddies assist players - probably
    - Is this the death of club rugby - No as it has been going on since I started playing grade back in the 80's.
    - Do Neddies, Cott or Soaks determine where the EWF players go.. No - this is left up to the players to decide. If they want to play with mates so be it. If clubs schmooze them to play so be it -

So whats the issue? - Why is your club not doing this and playing the game whether it is right or wrong. Club land in Perth is a semi pro set up Fact! Whether it works or not is a matter of conjecture. Just take the RooDogs for example.

I agree with ThatGuy that Hansie should be honest as everyone knows that assistance in the form of a job, flights, dosh or whatever is standard practice here and else where in Aus and the globe.

My biggest bitch though is that you seem to be so angry about it. Why?? Is your club taking the moral high ground or just not able to match. I have no idea which it is but the fact "sad as it is" is that this is the playing field that we are on here in Perth. Everyone wants to improve the level of local rugby and as such semi pro is one way to do it. Jump on or not. Up to you.

Just take a breath between rants and calling people wankers from behind you key board.. Well Hard! must be a back or a wannabe ref...

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Universities attract a lot of colts players since this cohort are at the age where they are attending tertiary institutions.......and it is reasonable that they would play at the place they attend every day.

Some will prefer to continue with the club they grew up with

If Uni has lots of Colts teams.........farking fantastic. Does anybody give a sh1t if they play Uni Colts 1 one week and Uni colts 2 a few weeks later.

Uni women are sensationally hot, firm and unfettered. The more interaction, the more chance of bagging one...........and you get two points for an away goal

Go hard and stop whining

Up front there oughta be a man in black
    You'll never see bright colours on my back......

Until things are brighter, I'm the man in black

vCash
    I am neither affiliated nor a spokesperson for Uni (or any other club for that matter).
    In colts/18s last year Uni had 2 teams (Green 18s and Gold 18's), Wanneroo had 2 (Wanneroo, and Wanneroo White - for most of the season), Joondalup, Southern Lions (most of the season), Baysie, Wests, Cottesloe, ARKs, Mandurah, Palmyra.

Good players are one thing, Wests and Baysie continually have good individual players in this age division, but the main difference last season was the coaching.

If you believe they are just a patchup of top players looking for a sub - we all know where that goes. Most of Uni's team from last year wouldn't need any major incentives to continue as long as the coaching combination and support stays the same as last year. IMHO University have shown a "real" interest in the colts grade, benefitted from it last year, and will do again this year.

Looking forward to the local kickoff.
    Ralto

Senior Player
    vCash
    Uni bought their U18 team in 2011 with various scholarships and cash incentives.
    The players were predominantly recruited from Hale, Scotch, Trinity and Aquinas. Effectively a team of mercenaries who turned their backs on the clubs that they played with since they were young.

Uni's 2nd Under 18 team last year became cannon fodder for the competition as the club focussed on their 1st team. Unfortunately this will be repeated in 2012 and the surplus recruits will be sacrificed for the greater good.

"Club land in Perth is a semi pro set up Fact!"
    DD you cannot be serious. Club rugby in Perth is one step above the old boot money days where club stalwarts chip in cash as required to buy in key players, use their influence to get players employment etc.

A Semi Professional Team such as exists in the english and irish leagues would cost some $200K plus per annum on player costs. No club in Perth has that sort of cash and won't in the foreseeable future.

I'd like to see you go down to Nedlands, Soaks, Wanneroo or Joondalup and tell them what a great thing it is for rugby that Uni have poached all their better colts players!

I note Pieter is still following you around like a good roo dog.

Last edited by RumourMonger; 19-03-12 at 23:18.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Maybe the young blokes are going to Clubs that don't have whining knobheads with poor-bugger-me complex's?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    RM is right.

We can't get an Under 18 team happening at Neddies despite the efforts of some good people in the recruitment area. One young bloke was getting all his Uni books and fees paid.

Rookie
    vCash
    RM, just tell us what do you want?

Do you want to have a "poaching cap" or no no poaching policy? or whatever..

it is getting harder to understand what you are trying to achieve by keep critising our comp without any suggestion to improve it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wqerti View Post
    RM, just tell us what do you want?
    No please don't. Enough is enough. FFS.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash

Uni 18's 2011

Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Uni bought their U18 team in 2011 with various scholarships and cash incentives.
    "The players were predominantly recruited from Hale, Scotch, Trinity and Aquinas."
    I think there were one or two from Guildford as well - it's refreshing to see they were open to players from all schools, not just an extension of an "old boys" day.

A school or University offering scholarships to sportspeople - it's not a new concept.
    In terms of the Uni 2nd team, you would have preferred those players to head for SOAKs, or Neddies, and been fodder there?

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    No please don't. Enough is enough. FFS.
    LOL, I can sense your frustration

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    FFS? F'ing Fulvio Sammut?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    FFS? F'ing Fulvio Sammut?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Possibly. He has been spotted giving this pot the occasional stir when it goes a bit quiet.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Uncalled for. I am deeply hurt and offended by your insinuations. Please show more sensitivity for my feelings.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast