Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Squad so far

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    I lean towards the 2nd. There are a number of coaches involved in Southern Hemisphere tours at the moment and we would do them the courtesy of not naming new coachs in the middle of those campaigns.

im kind of hoping this isnt the case, as then we will be creating the same situation that had so many people pissed off about the way Graham left. which wasn't fair on the force, the players, or the fans

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I'd find it hard to believe otherwise. I thought Whittaker was good whenever I've seen him play. Not quite as good as Charles but definitely up there. Could his form be that bad? If it were something else, like some kind of internal conflict, why wouldn't you just release him?
    Just saw in the Cott newsletter that Whittaker is playing for them this weekend, as is Brown.

vCash
    From The Australian on-line tonight
    ---------

WALLABIES centre Ben Tapuai re-signed with the Queensland Reds yesterday, which means the defending Super Rugby champions have withstood raids from every other Australian province for the loss of only one player -- Scott Higginbotham.

The Rebels made a move on Melbourne-raised Tapuai last month but by far the more serious attempt to poach him came from the Western Force, which flew him to Perth last week for talks.

But the Reds, who were well aware of his trip west -- indeed, they encouraged him to explore his options -- were always confident of retaining him and it is understood the talented 23-year-old put pen to paper yesterday.

Tapuai is the second Reds' Wallaby the Force has missed out on, after Will Genia changed his mind at the last moment and re-signed with Queensland.

With every near-miss, the shoulders of Force officials must be slumping because it makes it all but certain that David Pocock will leave to take up a big-money offer from the Brumbies.

Pocock has assured the Force he has not signed with any other franchise and will not make a decision until the end of the Super Rugby season, but he also has made it clear he will only remain if he can lead a competitive team.

vCash
    Bloody hell, is somebody going to have a look at their books?

C'mon the

vCash
    judging from that article mike harris must have re-signed? bit of a logjam of midfielders over there.

Perth via Pittsburgh USA via London England
    vCash
    As you know I'm new to the team, what is the situation with these guys as I see them on the roster, but don't see them on the list for next year.

Elvis Taione
    Angus Cottrell
    Kyle Godwin

You can scratch my back with a hacksaw!

vCash
    As far as I'm aware (not being part of the Rugby WA management!):

Elvis Taione has played more than 4 games this year so will have had his EPS contract upgraded. He appears to be keeping Whittaker out of the team at the moment, and so unless both Charles and Whittaker are signed up for next year, I'd expect them to try and sign Taione.

Cottrell looked good this early year, I'd say he's out-performed McCaffrey. However, Cottrell was also on an EPS contract and so could only play when other back-rowers were injured. This meant that he only got 3 games before he was forced to be dropped back to club rugby. Unfortunately, while playing for his club he broke his elbow which has put him out for the season. If there was a back-row spot available, I'd sign him up, but other teams might also be interested.

Kyle Godwin has had horrendous injury problems. When he has played he looks very young; he's certainly got talent but from what I've seen he's not yet ready for Super Rugby on a weekly basis. I think he's been on the EPS for a couple of years now, and I don't know if there's a limit (I'm not aware of one), and I'd like to keep him as he's a local lad, so unless he gets an offer from another team, I'd like the Force to keep him around for another season. The problem is, if he can't stay healthy we can't afford to use a roster spot just because he's a local.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    The problem is that we only have 30 squad spots i.e. 2 players per position. The EPS then almost certainly needs a prop, a hooker and a scrum-half. Whittaker is signed for 2013 and Charles is signed until 2014. I don't think there is room for Taione. Whittaker is still a development prospect, being a lot younger, and there is no reason why his form wouldn't return.

We have a similar problem with Tetera Faulkner and Salesi Manu- all four of our main squad props are signed for 2013- so Manu either needs to hold out a year in the EPS with the guarantee of a squad spot or ship on.

Cottrell was great this year when he played. Until Richard Brown re-signed, I thought there would be a direct swap there. But now we have 4 backrowers signed (Hodgson, Brown, McCalman, McCaffrey). Still waiting on Pocock . So there would be room for another backrower, but Cottrell plays so much like the guys we already have and we need a bit more diversity in the backrow. I think McCaffrey will be better with a sustained period of playing without getting injured.

We've got to keep Godwin. His injury problems haven't been that horrendous. He rooted up his shoulder last year in the Tahs trial that's one and maybe a few minor things this year. He deserves another year.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    It's very interesting that there is a EPS squad of 5 players. It will be interesting who they will be this year.

Now Wara was on the EPS is he going to be signed for the main roster this coming year or is he on the way out or is he destined for the EPS again?

vCash
    64,000 dollar question santwyk. I think Sam is good enough for a full contract, but do we need an outside back filling that spot on the roster? Personally, I think our midfield needs serious work and that might be a reason for him to be thrown into the EPS

C'mon the

vCash
    Front page needs updated with Sheehan bolded and signed and Fairbanks red unavailable now that he signed in Japan. Also Brown is only signed for 2013 not 2014.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Tapuia hasnt resigned !! On his twitter there is nothing and the reds havent released any thing official.

vCash
    I wouldn't expect to see him resigning so early in his career

Prospect
    vCash
    Sam Wara is definitely leaving at the end of the year

vCash
    ^ Shame. Do you know who he's signed with?

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast