Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Poached Eggs.

vCash
    As far as i am aware all players at baysie play there way. There are some members who sponser some of the players during the season to help them out but most if not all pay their way. $270 is not that much considering some other sports. My partner plays hockey their fees are $450 per year plus they have to pay about $10 per game.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Champion
    vCash

westie man

at wests you don't take the field even in preseason games if you haven't paid 100 bucks towards fees does'nt matter who you are no pay no play and if other clubs welcome players looking to dodge fees i wonder what the players on and off the field's contribution would be like not too flash i would imagine

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    I understand that Uni are throwing a lot of money around to the detriment of their close neighbours in the western suburbs. Player numbers down at Soaks, Neddies and Cott.

More irishmen there than in a Dublin pub as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    I understand that Uni are throwing a lot of money around to the detriment of their close neighbours in the western suburbs. Player numbers down at Soaks, Neddies and Cott.

Yeah they had 3 full teams playing on the weekend a mate of my has told me they have 8 hookers going for 1s and 2s lol.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    From the Associates website today:

"We are in the process of confirming numbers and teams for this season and this week is the absolute deadline for this.

IF YOU ARE INTENDING TO COME AND PLAY AT SOAKS AGAIN THIS SEASON IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE HEAR FROM YOU IMMEDIATELY AND THAT YOU ATTEND A TRAINING SESSION THIS WEEK."

From the Cottesloe website:

"There has been a fair bit of discussion as to whether Cott will field an Under 18’s team this season. The club is committed to field a team and is busy trying to retain past players and attract new players, although this is proving difficult with the uncertainty, and some misinformation that is about."

Both Joondalup and Wanneroo are livid with the latest poaching raids on their players. Good Colts players being enticed with all sorts of goodies.

There is a lot of misinformation out there that if you play for Uni you are more likely to be noticed by the Force and be picked for Academies etc. Uni are not doing anything to put cold water on these rumours either.

Its a changing world out there.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    When does the local season finish????

Rookie
    vCash
    From the Associates website today:

"We are in the process of confirming numbers and teams for this season and this week is the absolute deadline for this.

IF YOU ARE INTENDING TO COME AND PLAY AT SOAKS AGAIN THIS SEASON IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE HEAR FROM YOU IMMEDIATELY AND THAT YOU ATTEND A TRAINING SESSION THIS WEEK."

From the Cottesloe website:

"There has been a fair bit of discussion as to whether Cott will field an Under 18’s team this season. The club is committed to field a team and is busy trying to retain past players and attract new players, although this is proving difficult with the uncertainty, and some misinformation that is about."

Both Joondalup and Wanneroo are livid with the latest poaching raids on their players. Good Colts players being enticed with all sorts of goodies.

There is a lot of misinformation out there that if you play for Uni you are more likely to be noticed by the Force and be picked for Academies etc. Uni are not doing anything to put cold water on these rumours either.

Its a changing world out there.
    Misinformation!!!- your posts today are full of it. Next thing you will tell us
    is that the Uni 3rd graders are on massive retainers and significant match fees.

Because numbers are good down the grades at Uni, why do you assume money. Might work that way at your club but...

vCash
    Build a supportive culture with good leaders and coaches

Individualise the training regimes for "personal" development.....test, measure, record, develop, test, give feedback, praise progress

They will be lining up

If people are leaving your club, the culture sux ass. Fix it and stop whining about it

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Reds81, I'm merely repeating what the rugby community is talking about in recent weeks. You clearly are not very close to the clubs.

If you think what Associates and Cottesloe put on their websites is "misinformation", talk to them, don't slag me off.

And whilst you're there, have a chat to the heirachy at Joondalup and Wanneroo and see how much "misinformation" you get from them.

"Uni 3rd graders are on massive retainers and significant match fees" - you said that not me. My comments were were in relation to 1sts, 2nds and Colts specifically.

"Build a supportive culture with good leaders and coaches

Individualise the training regimes for "personal" development.....test, measure, record, develop, test, give feedback, praise progress"

Ethicist - what sort of bullshit is this - you must be a public servant to spout this sort of garbage. Been on a course recently have we?

Go Neddies.

vCash
    Great leaders develop their people

The reason you're on here dribbling about how unfair the universe is for stealing your players is because nobody wants to play for your club

You can cry us a river or you can make your club an organisation that people will travel a long way to be a part of.

Whining is for dribblers. You have a PhD in "poor me"........pour me a drink, you're boring as hell

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

Rookie
    vCash

And from which website is that? Name the players that have gone to Uni from those clubs!! Once again, because numbers are down at those clubs you assume money. You live in cuckooland if you think that is the case.

vCash
    i have been involved in the local comp for a long time and i don't know of many players that are on 'match fees' as such. sure a lot of players get sponsored or might get little incentives such as money in the team kitty for tries scored etc which might help keep them happy at their club but at the end of the day it is the culture of your club which will either keep people there or deter them...

Apprentice
    vCash
    good on uni hell of a lot of moaning when another club dares to challenge the big boys best of luck to you

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Interesting to note that the individual claiming to the Ethicist is an avid promoter of player poaching. Being a good public servant, why don't you just focus on getting your footy tipping in today and keep an eye on the clock - nearly time to catch the bus and tell the wife what a hard day at the office its been. Best you stick to what you're good at - nothing!

Seems like everyone loves a poacher.

Reds81 - It is not appropriate that I name minors on this website. Ask Wanneroo how happy they are at having their two Aust Schoolboy Reps poached on the promise of playing 1st grade under the watchful eyes of Rugby WA at McGillivray. Ask Joondalup how they feel after their two best State Under 16 players mysteriously feel they need to travel to play for a club many kms from home. Ask Hansie how he feels that our club Nedlands doesn't have an Under 18's team and is strugglling to muster an Under 20 squad. Ask Soaks why their Under 18's have departed for McGillivray. Ask Cott why their Under 18's are on the brink of collapse.

Your argument is that all these clubs have bad cultures so that's why their players are leaving - sorry, I don't buy it. Uni's website promotes the fact it provides financial enticements.

You need to get out there and talk to people actually administering rugby clubs to see whats happening. If you are a Uni supporter then I suppose you are okay with the idea that "money talks" but it will come back to bite you some day some how.

Last edited by Darkness; 04-04-12 at 11:02.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Lets play the topic not the man OK????

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast