Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Other games this weekend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    'state-of-origin' passion, I kinda expected more from that fixture.
    That is just and hype from some of the imbos at Fox. There was once that type of feeling in those encounters in the amateur days and maybe at the very beginning of Super Rugby. They could become real blood 'n' guts affairs. Long gone now.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    That is just and hype from some of the imbos at Fox. There was once that type of feeling in those encounters in the amateur days and maybe at the very beginning of Super Rugby. They could become real blood 'n' guts affairs. Long gone now.
    Dave Crofts and Phil Waugh-------classic!

C'mon the

vCash
    'state-of-origin' passion.
    Yes, the Foxsticks were really trying the state of origin promo - a'la League - the reality was far from the hype, or maybe they just wanted to make the 'tahs win seem super sensational, overcoming the odds sort of stuff. As the boys said in the promo the 'tahs and the reds have basically supplied every Wallaby team forever, the rest are just crap, and isn't Will Skelton a beauty - if he can say "we've stopped the boats," without stumbling he's got my vote.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Name:  11102009.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  99.2 KBWith the end of the season, time for a little SXV naughty - with the caption
    "I wish it were me", or "grab a handful it's cheap old stock"
    Attachment 3866

Last edited by Ralto; 15-06-15 at 09:23.

vCash
    Wow what a game between Highlanders and the Chiefs!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Rugby at its absolute best! Congrats Highlanders. Hope it's a WARvHIG SF next weekend!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    All blacks named tomorrow 10.30 am perth timeand I wonder what surprises that will bring after watching the Highlanders Cheif's game

vCash
    Great game.

Champion
    vCash
    Was going to take a trip over to Allen Park but glad I didn't having watched that game - except it would have been great to watch Soaks get knocked over by the Dogs. (if the scores I've seen on the RugbyWA website are right and there's no guarantee of that).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Was going to take a trip over to Allen Park but glad I didn't having watched that game - except it would have been great to watch Soaks get knocked over by the Dogs. (if the scores I've seen on the RugbyWA website are right and there's no guarantee of that).

Me too, glad I saw the Chiefs game, but what the hell has Gibbo put in the water? - stone cold motherless last year. now I can't make adecision on Dogs v cott, or dogs v Paly upcoming matches. Some real belief gojng on up at Kingsway - great job.

vCash
    Great game. I just hope the Brumbies can get one over WP (Stormers) not that it's likely. I think it's just a step to far with trave, and the resting of players last weekend.

May the FORCE be with you!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Me too, glad I saw the Chiefs game, but what the hell has Gibbo put in the water? - stone cold motherless last year. now I can't make adecision on Dogs v cott, or dogs v Paly upcoming matches. Some real belief gojng on up at Kingsway - great job.
    Probably the wrong post for this but anyway, as some of you know while I'm not aligned to Wanneroo I have some very,very good mates there and they tell me the feeling at the club is the best it's been for many, many years.
    They have got things right off field. They have the new change rooms and have set up a fund for assisting juniors in education programmes and other things.
    They decided under Gibbo to bring through as many of their own - a la Wests when he was there. There was always going to be pain but it seems the tide is turning. Gibbo, IMHO, is possibly the best coach in the comp.
    Good on you Dogs for sticking to your guns, letting the mercenaries go to Nedlands, Cottesloe (and Associates Aemonn).
    Bet the western suburbs clubs don't follow the lead, or even Joondalup for that matter. As other before (including Wanneroo and Rocky) have found out, staying at the top with money means pouring money in year after year after year after year ad nauseaum.
    And is it worth it in the end.

vCash
    Rugby at its absolute best! Congrats Highlanders. Hope it's a WARvHIG SF next weekend!
    You got your request! Brumbies by 6 tries to 1 (anyone told them you don't get bonus points any more?) Even when the Brumbies were down to 13 men the Stormers couldn't score! I'm not sure they were even the 7th best team in the comp

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Even when the Brumbies were down to 13 men the Stormers couldn't score!
    But the Brums managed another try! A great win. Glad I stayed up - I'd usually record it.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Probably the wrong post for this but anyway, as some of you know while I'm not aligned to Wanneroo I have some very,very good mates there and they tell me the feeling at the club is the best it's been for many, many years.
    They have got things right off field. They have the new change rooms and have set up a fund for assisting juniors in education programmes and other things.
    They decided under Gibbo to bring through as many of their own - a la Wests when he was there. There was always going to be pain but it seems the tide is turning. Gibbo, IMHO, is possibly the best coach in the comp.
    Good on you Dogs for sticking to your guns, letting the mercenaries go to Nedlands, Cottesloe (and Associates Aemonn).
    Bet the western suburbs clubs don't follow the lead, or even Joondalup for that matter. As other before (including Wanneroo and Rocky) have found out, staying at the top with money means pouring money in year after year after year after year ad nauseaum.
    And is it worth it in the end.
    There are some very good coaches in the local comp. Not sure if the wanneroo coach is the best but.....

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast