Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No Stadium?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    They'd've probably done better if they weren't charging $70 a ticket for a game against Fiji - more than a little bit rich, even when it is the only international we get this year. How many would have shown up for the same game if it had been in Sydney or Melbourne?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Nup, I didn't even show up against Wales... Although I was there for the fiji game.

Was someone saying before that the AFL and Subi get some extraordinary percentage of money from those tickets sales? That's ridiculous.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Sort of - ground rent is $250,000 for the game, but the real killer is that they get the food and drink revenues!

vCash
    I heard $12 a ticket goes straight to WAFC

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    One of the troubles in WA is that once the house full sign goes up there is no way of knowing how many more wanted to come.
    Usually the vast majority of tickets for the Boks matches are gone within two weeks of going on sale leaving the really high and restricted viewing tickets which sell out before match week.
    If there was some ability for the punters who miss a seat (or even miss a seat of the category they wanted) to register on RugbyWA's website then a better reflection of the need for a bigger/better stadium would be demonstrated.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone
    I heard $12 a ticket goes straight to WAFC
    and then some of that (or maybe some from the other amount, goes to Subiaco Football Club.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone
    This is rumor control stuff but I heard that the Force are charged rent of $250,000 per game which means that each home game is running at a loss because say the average punter pays $50 a ticket then they only make $150,000 a game - personally I'm worried about this maths
    I assume they work on $50 (avg) per ticket x 30 000, that makes $1.5m not $150,000. Even at an avg of 25 000 people per game they still make $1.25m, minus the $250,000 rent = $1m

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Damm those 0's eh TQ1

vCash
    Maybe the ARU, the WARU, The Western Force, Football Westcoast, Soccer Australia, Perth Glory and the Rugby League should get together and build a stadium themselves and maybe get the government to put in some money as well. Realistically that is the only wasy we are going to get a proper stadium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry
    Damm those 0's eh TQ1
    Does this mean that you'll never hire me to do the Vbooks

I stand corrected on the Maths however I'm still worried about the future of EWF at Subi long term and would enjoy seeing the books - everything about this stadium issue is monopoly monies with enormous figures pulled out of the air (most of it rumor control stuff ) - it's very hard to grasp if EWF should move because it would make better financial sense or is it just a "whim" of the punters which makes it so important - want EWF to make monies first and thereby keep us happy second

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Rugby WA have put together a proposal with economics that show that the running of a 35K seater stadium is manageable. As with all of these models the only thing that you can base it on is past experience and benchmarks, which doesn't mean the figures are not accurate enough to produce reasonably accurate model.

From what I gather the figures produced show that we still need the Government to invest the initial capital to build and this is the big show stopper at present.

I can't see private investment working even if it was through a joint consortium of the sports. It would be great if it did but we are looking at raising over $300M with no secure payback.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tdevil
    I assume they work on $50 (avg) per ticket x 30 000, that makes $1.5m not $150,000. Even at an avg of 25 000 people per game they still make $1.25m, minus the $250,000 rent = $1m
    TDevil believe or not TQ1 is right. She always is!

At the end of the day we are getting screwed.
    We can:
    1. Hold some type of a demonstration - a march, a show of strength and unity within the Western Australian Rugby community - we march on Members Equity Stadium attired in suitable labouring cloths armed with shovel, spades and pick axes. We can be accompanied by backhoes and cranes. We show them we are prepared to do what is necessary to get "OUR" stadium.
    2. Call upon John O'Neill to put his (well, the ARU's) money where his mouth is - get the folding out for "OUR" stadium. If we can experiment with the Rugby we can experiment with the venues. The ARU should part own a stadium with RugbyWA here in Perth to ensure the future of Rugby in the West.
    or 3. Do nothing and whinge a lot.

Who's with me all the whingers over here!

Brother Gallagher I hear you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2