Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wallabies Team to Take on Ireland

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Brownie has played pretty crap the last few tests he has started, and Palu, whilst knocking the ball on in only his second game in a few months actually played extremely well against England.

Palu over Brown is a no brainer IMO.
    I didn't think Palu was that crash hot against England. We were thumped at the breakdown (and gave away a million penalties) in the first 40 minutes and it wasn't until Palu came off and Pocock went on that the tide fully turned our way. He had a couple of decent runs and a good offload to Genia but thats about all that I remember of him.

I would still play Matt Hodgson over Brownie though. I definitely hope he gets a run against Scotland.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Palu isn't starting because of his work at the breakdown, that's not the main requirement of a number 8, he was starting because of his ability to get over the advantage line, which he did icredibly well, he also had a good game in defence making several dominant tackles
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I didn't think he was that great at getting over the advantage line. I've seen better from Palu anyways. He used to have those galloping runs where he'd pick up a good 5 metres over but we haven't seen one of those in a while. Ahh well we'll just have to see how he does against Ireland.

Veteran
    vCash
    he'd get over, then drop the ball...

vCash
    well his a lot more effective at getting over the advantage line then Brown is anyway

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    well his a lot more effective at getting over the advantage line then Brown is anyway
    Of course. I wouldn't have considered playing Brown against the English- you need someone to keep a lid on their big beefy backrowers but against Ireland I am not so sure. I suppose though if you want to start up an attack from broken play (which we will probably need to do a lot of if the set piece fails) he is pretty useful. I'd still play him off the bench though.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah, I'm with you TOCC.
    Hopefully Browny gets a chance to redeem himself but on current form Cliffy is making some serious metres and is performing defensively.
    He'll never be a juggler, but he has earnt another start for mine.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Cliffy will never be more than mediocre until he learns to play consistently.

Browny's had a shit of an international season and deserves what he's got.

C'mon the

vCash
    Chapman would be in before Brown... Moving Rocky to No.8 in the second half and move Smith on later for Pocock...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Chapman would be in before Brown... Moving Rocky to No.8 in the second half and move Smith on later for Pocock...
    well i would vouch that Chapman is a lesser number 8 then Brown is, Chapman can be a substitue lock or breakaway, but i dont think he brings enough punch to be a number 8.

vCash
    well i would vouch that Chapman is a lesser number 8 then Brown is, Chapman can be a substitue lock or breakaway, but i dont think he brings enough punch to be a number 8.
    Sorry TOCC I think you missed Muddy's point.

He was saying "Blah blah blah Brumbies are awesome blah blah blah Force is shit blah blah blah Reds are shit too blah blah blah Tahs are shit as well blah blah blah why don't you realise that anybody who doesn't play for the Brumbies doesn't deserve their sest spot blah blah blah Brumbies academy rookie for starting test prop blah blah blah did I tell you the Brumbies are awesome blah blah blah"

HTH

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Sorry TOCC I think you missed Muddy's point.

He was saying "Blah blah blah Brumbies are awesome blah blah blah Force is shit blah blah blah Reds are shit too blah blah blah Tahs are shit as well blah blah blah why don't you realise that anybody who doesn't play for the Brumbies doesn't deserve their sest spot blah blah blah Brumbies academy rookie for starting test prop blah blah blah did I tell you the Brumbies are awesome blah blah blah"

HTH
    GIGsy outstanding stuff, breath when you blog... Chapman is a great player... Elsom wold do fine at No.8. Browns had his chance for a while...

vCash
    looks like we are outplayed in almost every position. But we might get away with it because this is Ireland first decent game for a while.

I like Palu at 8 against European teams, he can cause a lot of damage and if he isn't then take him off after HT.

vCash
    Switching Rocky to 8 is very plausible. He spent much time there with the tahs coming off the bench for Lyons in the early days. I probably would have thought at that stage of his career 8 was his best position until palu joined the club. ie 8 being the only position palu can play.
    As much as i hate to say it Brown definitely had his chance and unless we hit a nasty run of injuries with our loosies im not expecting to see much of him. Cant really afford to have more brain explosions from him(or others).
    He might as well look to biulding his wallabies aspirations next year. It wasnt long ago when Elsom was giulty of brain explosions and giving away stupid penalties. Once brownie gets some of that enthusiasm and energy under control he'll be more accurate.

Last edited by Hoolly Doolly; 14-11-09 at 09:00.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2