Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Metro Rugby Preview 9th May '09

vCash
    Should of put them on the field the other week then...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    not a bad idea

Apprentice
    vCash
    should be awesome day down at neddies this weekend have to get down there ,watched the 2nds final last year if this weeks game is half as good as that it would be worth it in it self then you got 1st grade which with all the neddies old boys there wacthing they will be pumped and they ll need to be cause the loser of this game probaly will be so far behind on the table they wont make the four which will be a disaster for one of these powerhouse clubs of last year.
    they i see things at moment
    1.ROO DOGS
    2.BAYSIE
    3.SOAKS
    4.PALY
    A GAP
    5.KALAMUNDA
    6.NEDLANDS
    A GAP
    7.COTT
    8.ROCKY
    9.UNI
    BIG GAP TO A REBUILDING WESTS

Apprentice
    vCash
    Joondalup 1sts grade vs kala 3rds is the match i would love to see.! with joondalup having high hopes of playing premier rugby i say if they can beat this team with a bunch of ex 1st graders a ex crusader and there mates who are mostly all married with kids and just play to get away from the wifes thursday nights and hit the piss saturday but when the jersey is on its game time against young up and comers.
    Hope i hope rugby wa can make it happen as it looks like these teams are in different pools in 3rd grade.
    So they you go joondalup i would love to see u guys up there one.
    If anyones for joondalup id love to hear your thoughts.

Apprentice
    vCash
    2011 is the year joondalup want in. i d love to see they old master vs appretice game to it would a ripper mate

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Joondalup showed the difference between third grade and first grade when they played Wests a few weeks ago. In two 25 minute halves they went down by 40 odd points against one of the weakest, worst prepared first grade sides to take the field in WA in twenty years.

That's the difference in standard the Joondalup hopefuls have to make up.

Apprentice
    vCash
    thanks mate didnt know that, maybe 2011 is a dream unless they do what kala paly and most recently wanneroo do and buy 8 or 9 players with few local jnrs in the mix do they have the cash though???

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    Dude I am Baysies 3rd grade assistant coach and played first tight and then loose head prop in the second half against Kala 3rds, so you cannot tell me anything about them. I rate them better than Kala first grade at this stage of the comp!!
    PB did u write the col in the paper today??? All about the Bros at Bassie.... Free beers for the West journos at Bassie PB?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    PB did u write the col in the paper today??? All about the Bros at Bassie.... Free beers for the West journos at Bassie PB?
    No not me

vCash
    It just so happens that Rick Boyd is a Baysie man and no doubt would get the most interview time from the Perth Bayswater coach JT. I would be surprised if Elwee even gave him the time of day to be honest, he is too elite for that...

vCash
    Maybe Ric could come up with a new description of JT besides 'veteran coach' or 'wily new zealander'

Apprentice
    vCash
    Its great to hear I'm so Elite!! It probably would have helped if they contacted me in the first place. Obviously we are not Elite enough to get an interview. Interesting comments from all in relation to the game previews though! Good luck for all your teams!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goony View Post
    It just so happens that Rick Boyd is a Baysie man and no doubt would get the most interview time from the Perth Bayswater coach JT. I would be surprised if Elwee even gave him the time of day to be honest, he is too elite for that...
    It also happens that Rick Boyd, Baysie Man, is a professional writer and completely impartial in print, and I await with interest any evidence to the contrary.

So far this year on behalf of RugbyWA I have covered Wanneroo v Kalamunda, Kalamunda v Perth-Bayswater, and Wests-Subiaco v Rockingham. We work cooperatelively with Riley from www.lmsc.com.au and he has covered Nedlands v Perth-Bayswater and Nedlands v Associates. Between us we have reported on six of the ten clubs in the competition in the first three rounds.

Naturally the top clubs will always get more coverage because that's where public interest lies, but a concerted effort is made to ensure all clubs receive at least one match of the round.

I spoke to Elwee before the first game, as I spoke to him a number of times last year, and he has always been approachable, informative and refreshingly direct in his comments. I try not to bother coaches from the favoured teams too often early in the season as I know I will be speaking to them a number of times in the later stages and the finals.

There is no coach in this competition who has been anything but positive and helpful in my experience, as they all no doubt realise that my aim is the same as their aim and that of RugbyWA -- the encouragement and promotion of rugby union in this state.

---------- Post added at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KalaFan View Post
    Maybe Ric could come up with a new description of JT besides 'veteran coach' or 'wily new zealander'

Good idea. Got any suggestions? Printable ones?

vCash
    settle your face

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

Apprentice
    vCash
    well said Rick!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast