Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Burgess ruled out of Wallabies; Sharpe Omitted of Tour

Champion
    vCash
    we may have a chance to win, Burgess is out... but can old man cordingley play out a full 80 minutes, as do we have a backup ?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    back up is Brett Sheehan

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Sheehan is horrible. I hope Cordingley doenst get injured...

Anyway, like it or not, Vickerman is the king of line outs in Australia. Even though he's leaving, he played in Australia this year, so still eligible for Super 14. And i rather have Australia win the tri nations than risk giving a new kid on the block a start just cos Vicks is leaving. Horwill will not be able to handle Matfield and Ali Williams. And Sharpe had a horror against the ABs.

At least we now know a Waugh/Smith combination at 6 and 7 does not work. Maybe if Rocky continues to be injured, we might even see Brown on the bench.

And foxsports reported Barnes and Mortlock with influenza, but i think they'll be over it by next week. If not, i think Cross is more than capable of taking over.

vCash
    In shock - Sharpie out - Eales medal winner etc..

Brownie in is good news
    Drew Mitchell for 15 ?

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Sharpies out! - thats effin ridiculous!!
    I know the line-out was a complete balls-up in NZ, but I'd lay that blame firmly at the feet of TPN. His throwing made even Moores look good.

vCash
    yeah, TPN's throwing was horrendous. But in the end, Sharpey made the wrong decisions in the line outs, esp calling it to the back 3 when TPN was having a bad day. Which in turn, costs them dearly. Cos the wallabies's scrum is no strength, and if they cant even win their own line outs, then they're in strife, cos there goes the major forms of restarts and competing for the ball.

I do hope we see a Sharpe call up somewhere along the line. But Deans' decision is pretty solid. Cos Hugh, Rocky, Brown and Mumm can all jump in a lineout, with Hugh and Mumm suitable as a lock as well. Hopefully, the wallabies win.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF2006 View Post
    Sharpies out! - thats effin ridiculous!!
    I know the line-out was a complete balls-up in NZ, but I'd lay that blame firmly at the feet of TPN. His throwing made even Moores look good.
    i agree, after TPN came one won only 1 or 2 of our own lineouts
    more only screwed up 1 or 2

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Actually, in the game I watched, I am pretty sure Sharpe and Moore were subbed at the same time so if the lineout calling was at fault for TPNs appalling accuracy, it was Vickerman calling them long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    And he could well come back.

He played this year in oz and as such qualifies to play for the Wallabies. Would you like to also drop Rocky, maybe Waugh could play at 6...

Plus, if you start dropping players cause they're moving next year, you create an environment when they leave making announcements till the last second.
    Vickerman won't come back, if he does he will be too old, at least if you omit Sharpe try someone else, the lock talent is pretty good atm, different to Elsom as no one is skilled enough to replace him. We beat the All Blacks and Saffas with Sharpe remember, who did we beat this year with Vickerman? Oh yeah, he came on in Auckland coincidently as the wheels fell off the lineout. Convenient.

vCash
    noooooooooooooooooooo

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    this is not good!
    burgess is so important, considering our srummie status. the yak would be all over that jersey.. oops, i wont bring that up anyway, who is sheenan? i am vaguely familiar with the name..

the only reason the big fella could have been dropped is because of his wife.. i can see no other reason. hasnt been his best, but still... that hasnt been bad!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce View Post
    vickerman is australia's best line out caller and jumper. Sharpe hasnt had the best of games. He's been consistently good, but the line outs against the All Blacks prob brought his downfall. But i think Horwill might be injured, so maybe Sharpe might get a late call in.
    Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce View Post
    yeah, TPN's throwing was horrendous. But in the end, Sharpey made the wrong decisions in the line outs, esp calling it to the back 3 when TPN was having a bad day. Which in turn, costs them dearly. Cos the wallabies's scrum is no strength, and if they cant even win their own line outs, then they're in strife, cos there goes the major forms of restarts and competing for the ball.
    go back and watch a replay of the game mate. sharpe and moore were replaced in a double substitution for TPN and Dickerman. the options werent the problem, the execution was. the best calls in the world cant fix horrendous throwing. the boks will now target our lineout as this selection has weakened our jumping options.

while im a big fan of sharpes its sad to see him ommited as hes served australian rugby for so long now and has been a fine player for many years. unfortunately his international form has been down slightly this year and with horwills and mumms emergence the time may be right to start selecting based on who will be in the 2011 world cup squad. hopefully this is not the end of sharpes international career.

Player
    vCash
    even more than i hate to see sharpe dropped,
    i really hope it doesnt come back to bite us in the @ss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Actually, in the game I watched, I am pretty sure Sharpe and Moore were subbed at the same time so if the lineout calling was at fault for TPNs appalling accuracy, it was Vickerman calling them long.
    THANK GOD somebody said it I was wondering I'd have to put up with this shit about Vickerman being the lineout king in Australia when he screwed the pooch royally against the ABs.....fair enough when Sharpie was on our lineout wasn't great but it nosedived after the joint sub in of Vicks and TPN!

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    If Sharpie was dropped for one bad game its a good thing Burgess was injured. He hasn't put in a solid or consistent performance since his debut.

Burgess the bullet dodger.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast