Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wallabies and All Blacks return to Hong Kong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic View Post
    The Hong Kong Bledisloe Cup rugby Test next month is reportedly under threat due to poor ticket sales.

Television news reports in New Zealand on Tuesday night said the fourth trans-Tasman international of the year, scheduled for Hong Kong Stadium on October 30, might be relocated to England that weekend before the All Blacks and Wallabies start their northern hemisphere tours.

A New Zealand Rugby Union spokesman confirmed there was concern about sluggish ticket sales but no decision had been made on the fixture's future.

Less than 10,000 tickets had been purchased so far for the 40,000-seat venue.

More...

They'd get a sellout if they had it in Perth.
    They'd probably sell more in Australia if transport to and from the game was included...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Piet Van Ziel View Post

The more we play the allblacks the better we get. It will serve us well in Oct next year when we run onto Eden Park for the RWC final. No fear.
    Well the historical facts state the exact opposite. The last time the wallabies had the Bledisloe was during the 2-game era. Since it has been 3 and 4 games they've only managed to win 1 game out of 9000.

If anything the wallabies have gotten worse since there have been 4 games. I think most people would agree that the 01 wallabies side is A LOT better than the mob running around now.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Most would also agree Australia peak around RWC

1987 - Quarter Final (lost to runner up)
    1991 - Winner
    1995 - Quarter Final (lost to 4th place)
    1999 - Winner
    2003 - Semi Final
    2007 - Quarter Final (lost to runner up)

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I aint even mad about this

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    Well the historical facts state the exact opposite. The last time the wallabies had the Bledisloe was during the 2-game era. Since it has been 3 and 4 games they've only managed to win 1 game out of 9000.

If anything the wallabies have gotten worse since there have been 4 games. I think most people would agree that the 01 wallabies side is A LOT better than the mob running around now.
    This proves that statsistics are sh1t
    Using statistics, the allblacks haven't been the best in the world since 1987 when they last won a world cup.

It makes sense that if you play the best team more often, you get better. I think the wallabies have improved over the season and are playing a game that is lightyears ahead of when deans took over.

I think they'll prove it this weekend by sending the allblacks home with a "just rogered without vass" look on their faces

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Piet Van Ziel View Post
    This proves that statsistics are sh1t
    Using statistics, the allblacks haven't been the best in the world since 1987 when they last won a world cup.

It makes sense that if you play the best team more often, you get better. I think the wallabies have improved over the season and are playing a game that is lightyears ahead of when deans took over.

I think they'll prove it this weekend by sending the allblacks home with a "just rogered without vass" look on their faces
    Well first of all Connolly was the coach, if my cat Vanilla tookover as head coach the wallabies would be light years a head of how he left them in 07!

The only way the wallabies would win on Saturday is if they have an XV full of Westralians like Pocock, Sharpe & McCalman. It'd probably help if O'Connor wasn't playing out of position aswell.

vCash
    Knuckles is a friend of mine so I'm insulted.

Deans has our lads heading in the right direction. The first 40 minutes of the last 2 tests have been the best rugby I've seen from a wallaby team in a long time and possibly ever.

The wallabies will kick some allblack anus this weekend. It'll be pretty to watch the kiwis turn on Henry as the realisation sets in that we are ready to upset your RWC party.

Kiwis are the worlds greatest chokers. The Shakespearean tragedy never becomes tiresome to watch.

vCash
    The last 2 games have just shown the problems of Deans though mate.

Ever since 07 the major problem with Deans' wallabies is that they can not string 80 minutes of Rugby together. They played an awesome 39mins against the boks last week, and then let in 50billion points!

IF the wallabies win this weekend it'll be because of this whole topic - more games. 5 changes to the allblacks that would not happen if Rugby wasn't turning into Cricket.

It should go back to 2 games so if you do win it, it actually means something. You aren't just beating an 'experimental' side where Henry is playing Dagg out of position and Cruden at 10, even though Delany was dropped because he was too small for 10 when Cruden is shorter and weighs less!

Get rid of the world cup too and bring back tours!

vCash
    Get rid of the world cup too
    Really kids, just don't do drugs...

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    IF the wallabies win this weekend it'll be because of this whole topic - more games. 5 changes to the allblacks that would not happen if Rugby wasn't turning into Cricket.

It should go back to 2 games so if you do win it, it actually means something. You aren't just beating an 'experimental' side where Henry is playing Dagg out of position and Cruden at 10, even though Delany was dropped because he was too small for 10 when Cruden is shorter and weighs less!
    That's pretty insulting saying that the only reason we could beat you is if you are tired or playing an 'experimental' side.

If anyone should be tired its us having just played two and made the journey back from South Africa. You guys have had the last few weeks off to recouperate.

As for being an 'experimental' side. Boo bloody hoo. Dagg out of position and Cruden at 10 is nothing compared to our injury dramas. We have Polota-Nau, Alexander, Horwill, Palu, Ioane and a handful of other quality players out. In our backline we have as many players playing out of position as we have playing in position.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    That's pretty insulting saying that the only reason we could beat you is if you are tired or playing an 'experimental' side.
    I didn't mean it as an insult, but it's true. The last time the wallabies played the allblacks and won it was mostly due to McAlister being at sea in centre.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think it is pretty safe to say that there are always reasons for a win and excuses for a loss, just depends whose colours you were wearing.
    It does seem more often than not that the line from the AB faithful is that “the opposition didn’t win, we lost” though.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2