Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brumbies win thriller against Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    But he did hold back... and not give it his all... I don't have a problem with the two weeks suspension it was stupid stuff.... However Pink is not that type of player the emotion of the match got to him...
    He might not have given it his all but he did put his knee into someones head, however much force he put behind it doesn't excuse his action. Whether he is not that type of player or not doesn't excuse it. I think 2 weeks is pretty lucky myself, it was a stupid thing to do.

Jimmy Cowan should be in HUGE trouble for that shot. The red card was pretty suitable I thought.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    He might not have given it his all but he did put his knee into someones head, however much force he put behind it doesn't excuse his action. Whether he is not that type of player or not doesn't excuse it. I think 2 weeks is pretty lucky myself, it was a stupid thing to do.

Jimmy Cowan should be in HUGE trouble for that shot. The red card was pretty suitable I thought.
    I'm not excusing him... he can take the suspension and the coaches turn of phrase… It was the same prop that dropped his knee into Moores head in the 3rd minute…what goes around I guess...

vCash
    But he did hold back... and not give it his all... I don't have a problem with the two weeks suspension it was stupid stuff.... However Pink is not that type of player the emotion of the match got to him...
    According to you no Brumby is that Type of player. Schalk Burger wouldn't be that type of player if he played for the ACT!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Beale should be given 3 weeks for the same on Spanner tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    According to you no Brumby is that Type of player. Schalk Burger wouldn't be that type of player if he played for the ACT!
    You're just making up drivel Gigs and presenting like I have written it... persistent provocative troublemaking…

You claim to know so much about rugby so write something of relevance and something insightive... I’m beginning to think you’re a flag waver without anything relevant to say…

Last edited by mudskipper; 19-04-09 at 08:17.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    " You're ", "claim", "insightful"

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    ... persistent provocative troublemaking……
    Sorry you've confused me. Where you describing GIGS or yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Lets hope its 4 weeks so we don't have to play him.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Lets hope its 4 weeks so we don't have to play him.
    I wouldn't complain

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    You're just making up drivel Gigs and presenting like I have written it... persistent provocative troublemaking…

You claim to know so much about rugby so write something of relevance and something insightive... I’m beginning to think you’re a flag waver without anything relevant to say…
    I don't claim to know anything about Rugby, I just have strong opinions! I would writ something insightive if I had a bloody clue what you were talking about.

I gues my persistent provocation is just an inevitable outcome of my lack of insightivication and obtusiocity. If you don't agree with what I say, ignore it!

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:32 ----------

and how come you didn't edit 'insightive' when you fixed up you're and claim

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I don't claim to know anything about Rugby, I just have strong opinions! I would writ something insightive if I had a bloody clue what you were talking about.

I gues my persistent provocation is just an inevitable outcome of my lack of insightivication and obtusiocity. If you don't agree with what I say, ignore it!

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:32 ----------

and how come you didn't edit 'insightive' when you fixed up you're and claim
    Were you holding your breath when you typed that gibberish? ...or to make it simple... you're blowing bubbles gigs...

---------- Post added at 15:51 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

Mortlock praises team`s spirit
    Saturday 18th April 2009

Stirling Mortlock says the Brumbies are ready to continue their "emotional and physical journey" towards the Super 14 finals after keeping their season alive in spectacular fashion against the Bulls.

The ACT side scored a thrilling a 32-31 win over the South Africans at Canberra Stadium on Friday night thanks to a late try from flyhalf Christian Lealiifano and conversion from Mortlock.

The emotion-charged, bonus-point win - achieved without injured fullback Mark Gerrard - came just two days after the funeral of team-mate Shawn Mackay.

Since losing to the Sharks on the night Mackay was struck by a car in Durban, the Brumbies have won three in a row and have now moved within reach of the top four.

With four games remaining their finals dream is still alive, although they will just about need to win all of their remaining games, starting with next Saturday's tough away trip to Wellington.

But Mortlock believes his side will thrive under that pressure given what they've been through so far.

"The whole journey that this team's been on has been an experience both physically and emotionally," Mortlock told AAP.

"We've put ourselves in the situation now where pretty much every game is a grand final.

"But I think that's a good thing for us.

"This group usually responds to pressure, so that's how we're mentally approaching every match.

"But it doesn't get any easier going over to play the Hurricanes over there in the cake tin (Westpac Stadium)... It should be a massive challenge and one we're really looking forward to."

Mortlock, who shifted to the wing in a reworked Brumbies back-line, was crucial to the Round Ten win, kicking three conversions and two penalties.

He praised his team's spirit, but warned that would only get them so far unless they worked on the basics of their game, especially defence.

"There's a tremendous amount of spirit in this team," Mortlock said.

"But what we need to do is improve a lot of our basics of our game.

"But certainly underlying what we're doing, there's a huge amount of effort and spirit and effort which is great."

http://www.planetrugby.com/Story/0,1...203428,00.html

vCash
    Were you holding your breath when you typed that gibberish? ...or to make it simple... you're blowing bubbles gigs...
    I get it, you hold your breath every time you post.....It all becomes clear!

C'mon the

vCash
    Sheperdson suspended for two weeks for kneeing
    BY PETER FITZGERALD
    19/04/2009 10:18:00 AM

GUY Shepherdson is disappointed his previously unblemished judiciary record has been tarnished, but accepts a two-week suspension for striking was warranted.
    Shepherdson was suspended for kneeing Pretoria Bulls lock Danie Rossouw in the head during Friday night's 32-31 win at Canberra Stadium.

The Brumbies prop faced SANZAR judicial officer Campbell Thomson at a hearing in Canberra yesterday morning.

Shepherdson was sin-binned for the 27th-minute incident on Friday night before being officially cited by commissioner Scott Nowland.

He will miss the Brumbies' matches against the Wellington Hurricanes and Queensland Reds in the next fortnight, before returning against the Auckland Blues at Canberra Stadium on May 9.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...g/1489989.aspx

vCash
    he was lucky to escape with only a two match ban

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2