Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Giteau to seek move to France, says report

vCash
    Lost in Translation?

There could definitely be a mix up in the Anglo- French interpretation…or is Giteau’s starting to apply the pressure before his return to OZ? …or is it just a throw away line to the press….

If (note if) he does leave the Force immediately the ARU still may not allow him to play for another Australian province in 2009. Personally I think it’s unlikely he will get a release from the ARU as it took Rocky Elsom and Dan Vickerman quite some time for them to get approval. NZRU agreement with Dan Carter is a completely different issue; NZ players don’t get the anywhere near the same financial rewards as players like Matt Giteau even with a third party touch up…

However I do think after 2011 RWC Giteau will go north…before he retires…

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Was Pieman watching Star Trek??
    thats an insult to sci-fi fans everywhere!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think Gits will stay on with the after being appointed captain for the 2011 season following the retirement of Sharpe.

He will be appointed captain of the Wallabies for RWC2011 and following his 6 tries in the final to defeat NZ in Sydney, retires.

He heads north to Hollywood where he stars in a couple of Star Trek movie remakes and returns to Australia hosts his own Letterman style Rugby show on Fox Sport 17.

vCash
    Are these not the same two journalists who were sure that Giteau was going back to the Brumbies and so confident they put it online???

vCash
    Of concern is that if this is true, both the Wallabies and Force are in serious trouble, Australia and the Force do not currently have a flyhalf that can replace him, and nor do any of the pther franchises. Wiyth inside centre a problem as well at the moment, I doubt the ARU will even consider a release from their contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Australia and the Force do not currently have a flyhalf that can replace him,
    Well not for the next couple of matches anyway. After that, Berrick could fill in comfortably.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I would love to see Gits at 9, J O'C at 10 and Crossy at 12

vCash
    Gits not going anywhere, says ARU

* November 28, 2008 - 1:09PM

The Australian Rugby Union (ARU) says star flyhalf Matt Giteau has not approached them for a temporary release from his contract.

A report in French newspaper Midi Olympique said Giteau was keen on pursuing a short-term release to play in France, similar to the deal All Black Dan Carter struck with the New Zealand Rugby Union (NZRU) to sign with Perpignan.

"After the tour, I am going to discuss with the federation to see if it will authorise me to get some experience in France, like what the NZRU did with Carter," Giteau was quoted in the report.

"It would be fantastic. I adore your country, your way of life, your food, the croissants at breakfast."

The report went on to say Giteau didn't have a date set for any possible switch but would like to make the move "before the next World Cup".

But an ARU spokesman said they had not received any request from Giteau for such a deal.

"Matt is under contract with the ARU until 2011 and for him to play overseas he would need a clearance from the ARU," the spokesman said.

The ARU refused to comment on whether Giteau would be granted the release should he formally request one.

http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/gits...1128-6mpy.html

vCash
    Tazzmania...The key journalist writing the Giteau stories is Brett Harris from The Australian, the others mostly have quoted his articles. Brett ahs the source who ever that is. Perthnow have had a few rebuts from he Force administrators...

Give it two weeks and we will know if Gerry in right. Surely being named Force captain will be to much to turn down Giteau will stay…or join the NRL Bulldogs...

vCash
    He has only just re-signed with the ARU why on Earth would he renig on that after only a few months playing at a different position, under a different coach and playing some of his best rugby? All for crossiants...I think not!

He has the potential to captain both the Force and the Wallabies and its highly unlikely he would give that up for a few pastries a breakfast, that I'm sure Coles could sell (probably won't taste as good though).

Taking what he says out of context is not good journalism or reporting of the facts...What a laugh!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Tazzmania...The key journalist writing the Giteau stories is Brett Harris from The Australian, the others mostly have quoted his articles. Brett ahs the source who ever that is. Perthnow have had a few rebuts from he Force administrators...

Give it two weeks and we will know if Gerry in right. Surely being named Force captain will be to much to turn down Giteau will stay…or join the NRL Bulldogs...
    Wasn't it Dave Hughes that intially broke the story a few weeks back?

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    I would love to see Gits at 9, J O'C at 10 and Crossy at 12
    I'd like to see all 3 still at the Force for the next few years at least.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Dave Hughes at Perthnow was writing the response with quotes from Force CEO Harris (I think)….

Here's a few from articles from Brett Harris
    Giteau explores legal options to leave Force, Harris 31 Oct.
    Brumbies have edge for Giteau, Harris 27 Oct.
    Force battles to keep Giteau, rejects revolt against coach, Harris 9 Sept

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Matt Giteau back from France for Wallabies World Cup 2011.
    12/04/11

"It has been fantastic. I've adored my time in your country, your way of life, your food, the croissants at breakfast."

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    On that point have you seen Kurtley Beale, he's wacked on the kilos and is on a fast track diet...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast