Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Work Progresses - first test review

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    He's played for Australia A in 2007 and is a possible to play for the Wallabies in the Summer tour. He has an ARU contract for the next two years in which time he is bound to be capped. So I think he is safe as houses in Australian hands.
    Hmmm. Being born in Zimbabwe, I'm not even sure what citizenship he holds. But let's assume he has either Aus or Zim citizenship. He'd have to have (grand)parental qualification to play for the Boks anytime soon, wouldn't he? He sure doesn't give much away, as evidenced by his contract negotiations with the Force. He might take up poker after footy.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Just watched game again. I made no mention of Lote before. He had a brilliant game, did evrything a good winger should be doing but excelled by looking for work up the middle of the paddock. Also noted that Luke passes were a little more wayward than I origonally thought, saved a number of times by soft hands and good skills by the reciever.
    Bakkes shot on Sterling was unnecessary (but very effective).

P.S. What is a Mungo?

P.P.S. quote of the day from Kearnsey when camera showed de Villiers in the box surrounded by drink bottles "well, they're not going to die of thirst in there".

vCash
    Mungo is league

vCash
    the thing that highlighted it for me with lote, was when the forwards were in like there 10th pick and drive near the boks line.. and all of them were buggered, then all of sudden lote was in there doing a pick and drive as well.

how many wings do you see doing that, well actually i suppose i should say how many wings could actually do that.

lote has being playing fantastic in 2008

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    the thing that highlighted it for me with lote, was when the forwards were in like there 10th pick and drive near the boks line.. and all of them were buggered, then all of sudden lote was in there doing a pick and drive as well.
    I loved that moment with the two mungoes Cross and Lote working together as a two man wrecking team in the rucks, good stuff.

vCash
    Burgess was a pile of sh1te! He couldn't hit a barn door with his passing. Almost every pass to Gits was round his knees or lower; and if it wasn't, Gits had to jump up to get the ball. It doesn't matter how quickly you can pass the ball but if the best #10 in the world has to break stride & stumble to catch the ball then it's going to reduce the impact of a potent backline.

As much as I hate to admit it, Lote had his best game in a long time (maybe he just loves playing at Subi Oval.....Lote for the anyone?!). Apart from his brain-fart in his own 22 when he threw the ball away when tackled (why didn't he clear to touch like the sensible thing to do), he had a faultless game - strong in the tackle, dangerous in attack (including one awesome break), took his try well and was awesome chasing the high ball.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    He was also most friendly with the kids

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2