Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MITCHELL RETURNS TO INTERNATIONAL DUTIES AFTER SPEEDY RECOVERY

vCash
    spose you're right. yeah Lote's golden boots didn't appear, although he didn't need them for the speed he had. wowza

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    drew'll prove himself. i know he will. he PROMISED me he'd be right for the wallabies season... and he would NEVER break a promise he made to me nah, he'll be in the mix soon. deans-means-DREW-not-hynes!!!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    but Hynes played a spectacular game. there may be a fair bit of jostling for that jersey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by force addict View Post
    but Hynes played a spectacular game. there may be a fair bit of jostling for that jersey
    true... drews got some competition. im hoping... i dono what im hoping. but drews better than hynes. maybe LOTE has some competition too... hm!!!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    true... drews got some competition. im hoping... i dono what im hoping. but drews better than hynes. maybe LOTE has some competition too... hm!!!
    I'm hoping if Mitchell is left out he realises he needs to pick up his socks and learn to kick with his other foot, it's bloody comical at times....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I'm hoping if Mitchell is left out he realises he needs to pick up his socks and learn to kick with his other foot, it's bloody comical at times....
    we still need him.

vCash
    how do you know that it isn't the game plan to not kick the ball into touch?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by force addict View Post
    how do you know that it isn't the game plan to not kick the ball into touch?
    I'm not only talking about that, I'm talking most of all where he would get the ball deep and get in trouble because he wouldn't be at an appropriate angle to use his left boot, it effectively hamstrung him...

Hynes is doing a good job so far and Tuqiri is fairly solid, it depends if Dingo Deans wants to mold Hynes into his own kind of player or call on the experience of Mitchell....we'll see but I would rather Mitchell get a rude awakening more then anything so he will work on his flaws that he wouldn't do otherwise...

vCash
    I'm not only talking about that, I'm talking most of all where he would get the ball deep and get in trouble because he wouldn't be at an appropriate angle to use his left boot, it effectively hamstrung him...

Hynes is doing a good job so far and Tuqiri is fairly solid, it depends if Dingo Deans wants to mold Hynes into his own kind of player or call on the experience of Mitchell....we'll see but I would rather Mitchell get a rude awakening more then anything so he will work on his flaws that he wouldn't do otherwise...
    hyne has only had one game!!! think of drews first game with the force... things can turn around pretty quickly!!

deans can help drew solve those things, he doesnt need to drop him because he cant kick. deans has come to fix aussie rugby, not destory it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    hyne has only had one game!!! think of drews first game with the force... things can turn around pretty quickly!!

deans can help drew solve those things, he doesnt need to drop him because he cant kick. deans has come to fix aussie rugby, not destory it.
    As I said, he has done a good job so far.

If Mitchell doesn't play it doesn't mean Deans won't help him out, as he has talent, but has some huge weaknesses that are huge liabilities....we don't want to be playing the AB's in the game to decide the Bledisloe when Mitchell recieves a kick from the AB's, who know his weaknesses and he gets cornered in a position where he gets wrapped up by the AB's because he can't kick it out, coughing up the ball and the AB's scoring the winning try...Mitchell was caught out in a similar position alot this season, I would gladly put any Force bias aside to admit that this is a huge liability for the Wallabies...

vCash

If Mitchell doesn't play it doesn't mean Deans won't help him out, as he has talent, but has some huge weaknesses that are huge liabilities....we don't want to be playing the AB's in the game to decide the Bledisloe when Mitchell recieves a kick from the AB's, who know his weaknesses and he gets cornered in a position where he gets wrapped up by the AB's because he can't kick it out, coughing up the ball and the AB's scoring the winning try...Mitchell was caught out in a similar position alot this season, I would gladly put any Force bias aside to admit that this is a huge liability for the Wallabies...
    i thnk we r gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. drew is a huge asset for the wallabies. he has problems, but he makes up for it with those mega brilliant sparks of play. hynes will be competition, but with a bit of help from aussie rob, drew will fully deserve that number 14

vCash

But on the positive side, Drew knows where to stand in defence.....Let's not forget THAT try, where everybody bags Stirling Mortlock for sprinting out of the line. Where was Peter Hynes? Stirlo chose to come out of the line because the winger was nowhere to be seen, the only effect Hynes had on that play was when he raced from the wrong side of the fied to slap the winger on the back (which apparently counts as an attempted tackle)

Defensively Hynes was shite....far more costly than a winger who's not there to kick who gets caught out once or twice a season. At least Drew knows how to stop the ball runner on the touchline!

C'mon the

vCash
    Wallaby Drew Mitchell back on international stage for Australia
    AAP
    June 16, 2008 04:35pm

WESTERN Force and former Wallabies winger Drew Mitchell has been called up to the Australia A squad as replacement for the injured Mark Gerrard.

Gerrard suffered a shoulder injury during Australia A's 20-15 victory over Samoa in Apia yesterday and is expected to be out for a month, effectively ending his Pacific Nations Cup rugby campaign.

Mitchell's inclusion will give the 21-Test winger a chance to reclaim his spot in the senior national team, with injury keeping him out of the mix for the Wallabies' Test win over Ireland on Saturday night...

Wallaby Drew Mitchell back on international stage for Australia | PerthNow

vCash
    he will be starting off the bench for Aus A

vCash
    I'm still with Swee. I don't doubt that Drew deserves a spot in the Wallabies team. Hyne also has an opportunity to prove himself. Every single person in Wallabies atm has to earn their spot. There are no guarantees whatsoever. I mean look at Gerard....he was a Wallaby and now isn't considered good enough for that level. If Drew proves to be the better man then i'm sure Robbie will put him at 14. If not, Hyne will stay.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast