Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Letter to the West

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    At the risk of being the pervayor of , or a lover of MungoBall. I would suggest that anyone that has a slight interest in League should make an effort and go to MES for the match of Mungo Team number 1 v Mungo Team 2 on Feb 14.

A large crowd will only assist shape the Governments opinion with respect to the development of MES and that can only be a good thing

Nice Letter Jargs -
    already have tix. also rabbitohs v storm there on June too.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Bit more of a re-write...?

It was with slight interest that I read Mark Duffields comment in Tuesdays West Australian (3/2/09). The first thing I noticed that the editor didn't list his title as Chief AFL Correspondent under the byline. Subiaco Oval is effectively owned by the WAFC, paying a $1 annual rent to the Government while RugbyWA pays up to $1.5 million a year to the WAFC. For the money, RugbyWA gets a hostile landlord that doesn't even allow the painting of proper lines. The article also did not acknowledge that the existing tenants of Members Equity Stadium are Perth Glory, who are hardly new boys on the block. Any decision to upgrade MES would look after Rugby Union, Rugby league and Football, 3 sports in one. If Mark Duffield had done any lengthy research, he would have also found that there are high odds that the Super 14 competition will be expanded from 2011 with more home games for the Force. Adding an expanded A-League from next season, the business case for any rectangular ground looks better then a re-vamped Subiaco.

It is not the fault of the West Australian people that the last time Subiaco was re-developed, the WAFC was so shortsighted that it only built for the capacity required at the time taking no account of future growth. It is also worth noting that they were spending public money then as well. Perhaps the WAFC could put some of the money they make from owning two of the most financial AFL clubs into a redevelopment, especially when they don't pay rent other than to themselves?

vCash

Final Draft

It was with slight interest that I read Mark Duffield’s comment in Tuesdays West Australian (3/2/09). The first thing I noticed that the editor didn't list his title as Chief AFL Correspondent under the by-line.

Effectively Subiaco Oval is owned by the WAFC (Western Australian Football Commission) , and only a $1 a year in rent is paid to the Government while RugbyWA pays up to $1.5 million a year in rent to the WAFC. For the money, RugbyWA gets a hostile landlord that doesn't even allow the painting of proper lines.

The article also did not acknowledge that the existing tenants of Members Equity Stadium are Perth Glory, who are hardly new boys on the block.
    I'm sure the Perth Glory will enjoy the added corporate facilities on offer as corporate support for sport these days is important.

Any decision to upgrade MES looks after Rugby Union, Rugby League and Football, 3 sports in one.

It is not the fault of the West Australian people that the last time Subiaco was re-developed, the WAFC was so shortsighted that it only built for the capacity required at the time taking no account of future growth. It is also worth noting that they were spending public money then as well.

If Mark Duffield had done any research, he would have found that there is the extremely high possibility that the Super 14 competition will be expanded from 2011, meaning more home games for the Force, when you add to that an expanded A-League from next season, the WARL putting the hard yards into the possibility of an NRL bid, the business case for any rectangular ground looks better then a re-vamped Subiaco.

Maybe the WAFC could put some of the dollars they save on Rent into a redevelopment?

Last edited by jargan83; 03-02-09 at 11:04.

vCash
    anthing else ladies and gents?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    It was with slight interest that I read Mark Duffield’s comment in Tuesdays West Australian (3/2/09). The first thing I noticed that the editor didn't list his title as Chief AFL Correspondent under the by-line. Effectively Subiaco Oval is owned by the WAFC, only a $1 a year in rent is paid to the Government while RugbyWA pays up to $1.5 million a year in rent to the WAFC, who in my opinion is a hostile landlord that doesn't even let the RugbyWA paint proper lines. Another problem I had with your article was that you did not actually acknowledge the existing tenants of Members Equity Stadium, Perth Glory who are hardly new boys on the block. I'm sure they ( or , Glory ) or , will enjoy the added corporate facilities on offer, as corporate support for sport these days is important. The possible decision to upgrade MES looks after Rugby Union, Rugby League and Football, 3 sports in one. It is not the fault of the people of Western Australia that last time Subiaco was re-developed that the WAFC was so short sighted in only building a capacity for what they needed at the time and not taking into account future growth, it is not the fault of the people of WA that the WAFC went cap in hand to the state government last time they refurbished Subiaco Oval, assumedly because they almost went broke in the process. If Mark Duffield had done any research, he would have found that there are extremely high possibility that the Super 14 competition will be expanded from 2011, meaning more home games for the Force, when you add to that an expanded A-League from next season, the WARL putting the hard yards into the possibility of an NRL bid, the business case for any rectangular ground looks better then a revamped Subiaco. Maybe the WAFC could put some of the dollars they save on rent into a redevelopment?
    done.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    made a couple of changes Jargs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    made a couple of changes Jargs.
    I thought so, much appreciated

I did well to evolve it from "Mark Duffield your full of shit" to the first draft put on here in about 15 mins

vCash
    I thought so, much appreciated

I did well to evolve it from "Mark Duffield your full of shit" to the first draft put on here in about 15 mins
    " you're "

vCash
    I added some of andy's alterations as well and it has been sent. Big thank you to all who helped out

It was with slight interest that I read Mark Duffield’s comment in Tuesdays West Australian (3/2/09). The first thing I noticed that the editor didn't list his title as Chief AFL Correspondent under the by-line.

Effectively Subiaco Oval is owned by the WAFC (Western Australian Football Commission) , and only a $1 a year in rent is paid to the Government while RugbyWA pays up to $1.5 million a year in rent to the WAFC. For the money, RugbyWA gets a hostile landlord that doesn't even allow the painting of proper lines.

The article also did not acknowledge that the existing tenants of Members Equity Stadium are Perth Glory, who are hardly new boys on the block.
    I'm sure the Perth Glory will enjoy the added corporate facilities on offer as corporate support for sport these days is important.

Any decision to upgrade MES looks after Rugby Union, Rugby League and Football, 3 sports in one.

It is not the fault of the West Australian people that the last time Subiaco was re-developed, the WAFC was so shortsighted that it only built for the capacity required at the time taking no account of future growth. It is also worth noting that they were spending public money then as well.

If Mark Duffield had done any research, he would have found that there is the extremely high possibility that the Super 14 competition will be expanded from 2011, meaning more home games for the Force, when you add to that an expanded A-League from next season, the WARL putting the hard yards into the possibility of an NRL bid, the business case for any rectangular ground looks better then a re-vamped Subiaco.

Maybe the WAFC could put some of the dollars they save on Rent into a redevelopment?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

It is not the fault of the West Australian people that the last time Subiaco was re-developed, the WAFC (RWA) was so shortsighted that it only built for the capacity required at the time taking no account of future growth.

Hopefully this one doesn't slap us (RWA) straight back in the face in ten years time when most will have forgotten any form of justifying context.
    Good on you for making public comment though.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post

It is not the fault of the West Australian people that the last time Subiaco was re-developed, the WAFC (RWA) was so shortsighted that it only built for the capacity required at the time taking no account of future growth.

Hopefully this one doesn't slap us (RWA) straight back in the face in ten years time when most will have forgotten any form of justifying context.
    Good on you for making public comment though.
    I agree with that assesment. But unless the crowds come back in droves this season RugbyWA will have very little choice

my comment was mainly out of this comment:

"Members Equity Stadium is managed by Nick Tana's Allia Venue Management. Imagine the raised eybrows at the WA Football Commision is substantial public money were invested in a privately managed stadium to benefit the new kid on the WA sporting block"

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

"Members Equity Stadium is managed by Nick Tana's Allia Venue Management. Imagine the raised eybrows at the WA Football Commision is substantial public money were invested in a privately managed stadium to benefit the new kid on the WA sporting block"
    If Nick had the testicular fortitude he would tell him that the Stadium is still owned by the City of Vincent and whilst the management is carried out by a private company - it is one of the only Stadiums in Australa that are succesfully managed at an operating profit - something the WAFC is unable to do with its see-saw Rent Table of $1 for one tennant and nearly 2 Mil for another.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    If Nick had the testicular fortitude he would tell him that the Stadium is still owned by the City of Vincent and whilst the management is carried out by a private company - it is one of the only Stadiums in Australa that are succesfully managed at an operating profit - something the WAFC is unable to do with its see-saw Rent Table of $1 for one tennant and nearly 2 Mil for another.
    To be fair to Nick (which I don't feel like doing becasue he left the Glory high and dry), that fact isn't that hard to look up. If we amatuers can find it, surely a (and I use this term loosely at the moment) Professional Journalist could find it

Last edited by jargan83; 03-02-09 at 12:35.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Sometimes Journo's need to be spoon fed the facts.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Spoon fed? this bloke is the Chief AFL Correspndant, a night out for him would be a visit a stationary store and purchsing a packet of crayons

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast