Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Force's oval upgrade wish may come true

vCash
    OK point taken, a signature means nothing when it comes to them actually handing over the money but its a step up from a verbal agreement.
    Damn it, I just want the stadium upgraded!!! I hate Subi Oval!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I will be happy when there is bulldozers cranes etc at Perth Oval, and hundreds of dudes in construction hats boots etc.

and no - I am not talking about a Village People Concert.

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    You can only expect for AFL and WAFL/C to be beating the drum re stadia as we come up to the Derby.

Personally I don't have any venom or spite for them at all, if the roles were reversed I am sure RWA would have been just as exploitive of the situation over the years.

I'm hopeful that the do get a major oval ground as well, not only creates more employment in building the two but also gives us a bigger ground for Test matches and the Finals we are going to host in the coming seasons.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    the regaging on the $25 million was because the Force committed to Subi, rather than MES.
    this was explained before the new goverment came in, everyone seems to have forgotten this inconvenient truth.. however for the shadow gov to come out and say the Force should get it anyway... mmm smells of browney points to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Unfortunately that's politics

It's not about doing anything or helping anyone. It's all about trying to score points, no matter how wrong or pathetic.
    Stupid thing is flame, they're scoring negative points. They're comments will anger all the AFL supporters because they're seen to be supporting rectangle codes and not a bigger and better oval, and they piss of rectangle code supporters because we know that they're the morons who didn't give us the promised money in the first place...lose/lose

Last edited by Jehna; 30-04-09 at 14:49.
    "Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    I suggest that by having an upgrade to MES at $75m and keeping RWA and Soccer quiet for a while will be good for the government. The way I see it is when they re-cost the subi stadium development project without the ridiculous moveable stand design the cost will be significantly reduced. The current government will bask in the fact that they saved $200m plus on the whole deal. Glory be to Barnett!

I'll take that for the meantime but future battles will be necessary to get further expenditure on MES. We'll just have to save that for another day.

Now we have to hope that the money is not wasted and we get the best and quickest outcome for our dollar spent.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    The way I see it is when they re-cost the subi stadium development project without the ridiculous moveable stand design the cost will be significantly reduced. The current government will bask in the fact that they saved $200m plus on the whole deal. Glory be to Barnett!
    When the Government re-examines the Multi-Purpose Stadium/Subiaco Oval in 2 years I actually hope they go with the Multi-Purpose Stadium. With a Football World Cup Bid, should Australia win Members Equity will never be up to standard considering that FIFA rules state that a stadium must have a capacity of 40,000 minimum in order to stage just a pool game. It would be good for International Rugby games and It would also be nice to have to the ability to attempt to lure a Bledisloe Cup game west at some stage.

My main beef with the Multi-Purpose plan was that it was unsuitable for week in, week out use that you would see with Super 14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    I don't care much so long as we are getting an upgrade now.
    Although I can't help wonder how the AFL supporters will react to the news.
    Who cares....>??? The GAYFL usually get what they want..maybe the focus is on the Force now because the Weagles and Shockers aren't doing so well...???

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I think once they think about it, they will be happy. They won't have to worry about movable stands, any new stadium will be 15m wider than Subi to mimic the MCG, and there will be a decent chance that the government will allow them to run the stadium and continue to charge other users what they want and keep the money from concessions.

What will be funny will be to watch the sudden revision in economic forecasts, from unviable if everyone doesn't use the MPS to magically apples with the AFL alone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    Force's oval upgrade wish may come trueTim Clarke
    It is a rectangle not a oval

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Commitment in writing means nothing Laura, The shadow minister's comment is proof of that. I want to see a $75 Million line in the budget!
    i want one better. i want a PO number and a construction agreement

vCash
    The time you can be sure the government will commit the funds is when the money is allocated in the budget. That will be next month.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Personally I don't have any venom or spite for them at all, if the roles were reversed I am sure RWA would have been just as exploitive of the situation over the years.

Maybe. But I'd hope they'd not be stupid enough to brag in the press about how they were using the profits from a rival code's rental fees to fund junior development. That would probably just get peoples backs up and push them to try to get a fairer outcome.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I don't know why you guys are getting so worked up about it.

I told you last week it was a done deal.

vCash
    care to name your sauces? i might relax a bit if i know how credible your statement was.

not that i dont trust you. we've just all been lied to about this for a while now

vCash
    Its a done deal!!

The cheque is in the mail.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast