Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should I stay or should I go... Aka harvey

vCash
    Keep Harvey till the end of the season. Continue Seymours development at 10. More game time for Godwin off the bench. No point babysitting him. Throw him out there and see what he can do.
    Was impressed with Sam Lanes debut for the reds yesterday and with all the young kiwi 10's like Anascombe, Barrett etc. nobody else seems to be scared to throw the young fellas in the deep end except us. At least give godwin a crack to come in at 15 as a sub at least.

We def need a playmaking 12 next year. Stanley gives us nothing apart from decent defense. He has no step, cant kick, cant break or bend defensive lines, passes when he should straighten with ball in hand and runs when he should pass. Not much difference between him and Sidey.

Next Season potential recruits
    9 Josh Holmes is worth keeping on as a long term prospect and I would also be gunning for Richard Kingi who left queensland to play out of Genias shadow and potentially be the same behind Phipps. An alternative is Ben Lucas' kid brother. Resign Swanepoel and drop Turner.
    If we're going to go for a Marqee 9 id have a crack at Jimmy Cowan or Brendon Leonard.

10 I think for the greater good we need to develop long term prospects who will hang around so id stick with Seymour and Godwin. I wouldnt be upset if we managed to sign Sam Lane either.

12 Im stumped with ideas. need a playmaking 12 or 15. anyone?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Hoolly Doolly; 07-04-12 at 16:50.

vCash
    I like where you're going re. Cowan haji.
    Even though he's unable to keep a starting spot at the moment he'd probably suit us for a year or two.

12/15.... I got nothing
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Richard Graham ‏ @RichardGraham15 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    @Lil_Louie11 yes @harvs10 is here until season's end. Almost like a piece of the furniture now ....that is 4 weeks old!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I like where you're going re. Cowan haji.
    Even though he's unable to keep a starting spot at the moment he'd probably suit us for a year or two.

12/15.... I got nothing
    Posted via Mobile Device
    The best option would be to try and hold onto Josh Holmes for next season. Nic Berry should be pursued if he hasn't signed elsewhere. Or Richard Kingi. Then look at a marquee.

A 12 would make a good marquee because they are less central to the team than a 10 but there aren't a lot of good 12 options in Australia. The only two off contract that would suit are Mike Harris and Christian Lealiifano.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The best option would be to try and hold onto Josh Holmes for next season. Nic Berry should be pursued if he hasn't signed elsewhere. Or Richard Kingi. Then look at a marquee.

A 12 would make a good marquee because they are less central to the team than a 10 but there aren't a lot of good 12 options in Australia. The only two off contract that would suit are Mike Harris and Christian Lealiifano.
    Harris might not be happy to play second fiddle to a Ben Seymour, but it would work the other way around. Lealiifano is more of a 12 than a 10, so would be a good buy

C'mon the

vCash
    I have heard that some uk and French clubs arn't prepared to give any Argy players time off to play in the 4 nations.
    This has got to bring in a lot of new players onto the equation. Will have to do a search for an Argy 10 tomorrow.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    A couple names to put in the hat. Bring Zack Holmes back. Good all round kicker and the 3rd fastest in the brumbies squad. Can play 10, 12, and 15. Why we let him go while he kicked arse in 7's and shute shield ill never know.

http://www.northsrugby.com.au/news/1...es-454450.html

As a potential marquee Kane Fotualii. Isnt elegible for ab's. I rate him highly. Shouldve been ahead of ellis with the saders.

Ideally i'd like to develop and give oppurtunities to locals but that time was 5/6 years ago. We have a pack that can mix it with the best of them and with Pocock at his prime. We need to spend the $$ now to put together a backline that can reward our pack for their efforts. The time is now. The reds when healthy will have a few handy backs sitting in suits or on the bench. rape and pillage time.

Last edited by Hoolly Doolly; 08-04-12 at 00:40.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Haji View Post
    A couple names to put in the hat. Bring Zack Holmes back. Good all round kicker and the 3rd fastest in the brumbies squad. Can play 10, 12, and 15. Why we let him go while he kicked arse in 7's and shute shield ill never know.

As a potential marquee Kane Fotualii. Isnt elegible for ab's. I rate him highly. Shouldve been ahead of ellis with the saders.

Ideally i'd like to develop and give oppurtunities to locals but that time was 5/6 years ago. We have a pack that can mix it with the best of them and with Pocock at his prime. We need to spend the $$ now to put together a backline that can reward our pack for their efforts. The time is now. The reds when healthy will have a few handy backs sitting in suits or on the bench. rape and pillage time.
    And you and I have so much power. Lol I wish!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Apprentice
    vCash
    Lealiifano for sure but ive heard The f??king rebels are picking him up his kicking game would compliment the honey badger who chase the live out of the ball. But i believe we need a 12 whos got more pace, did anyone one see Shannon walker he looked class in the sevens !!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    And you and I have so much power. Lol I wish!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    they should put u and me on the committee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Haji View Post
    they should put u and me on the committee.
    I wish! I don't think they need a good chef! But dameit i was a good hooker!
    Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by SNOB; 08-04-12 at 01:15.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Whoever it is we "need" he needs to have a decent kick on him.
    It would seem the only player we have with a big hoof is Shep, when he isn't busy sending MBF broke.
    At this level you should be getting 30-40m+ on touch finders and the posts being a viable option from half way.
    The current bunch have cronic pop-gun kicks.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2