Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Halangahu guaranteed Western Force No. 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    Johnny W. now that would get the Laura, The Force Addict and the other girls into MES next season
    Wilkinson to get the girls into MES next season? Are you joking?! The guy can kick, and that's about it. I reeeeally can't stand him! He brings his boot to a game and thats about it. He can kick and that is it. I don't think I could support a team with him in it. Why would he get the girls in only? If a flyhalf we contract is what we need for our team he can have three noses for all I'm concerned about. AUGH! Never. Us girls on here actually like our rugby, not how gorgeous our players are. It's not the reason we go to crappy old Subi week in week out. We go because we love rugby and the force. I'm speaking on behalf of all the girls, something I probably shouldn't do, but I'm pretty sure all of them are of the same mind.

No JW thankyou very much!

0 Not allowed!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I know Aussie Rugby is struggling for depth at 10 but I would take Halangahu over pretty much anything the Northern Hemisphere had to offer. He isn't brilliant but he seems to get his job done. We don't need another Matt Giteau- our backline is good enough without him- we need a decent kicker and a decent passer and a decent runner (doesn't have to be brilliant) and to get the rest of the backline more involved. Name me two experienced and inspirational Northern Hemisphere fly-halves. And don't even think of mentioning rent-a-boots like O'Gara and Wilkinson.

Brock James was dumped from the Force because he was the 4th choice fly-half. Maybe he'd have improved but really his only strength was his kicking game and hey thats great over in France or the UK but it wouldn't work for the Force.

0 Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I know Aussie Rugby is struggling for depth at 10 but I would take Halangahu over pretty much anything the Northern Hemisphere had to offer. He isn't brilliant but he seems to get his job done. We don't need another Matt Giteau- our backline is good enough without him- we need a decent kicker and a decent passer and a decent runner (doesn't have to be brilliant) and to get the rest of the backline more involved.
    Exactly the reason I think a Halangahu is the medicine the needs......he's not the wonderboy up-himself superstar who thinks that the game is only worth winning if he makes the breaks, he's a good, serviceable half with a solid kicking game and good distribution. He'll be humble enough for the coach to build a gameplan around him unleashing the masses of we have in the backline......and might just find a yellow jersey at the end of that particular rainbow as well!

0 Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Ryan Cross, Cameron Shepherd, Nick Cummins and potentially Drew Mitchell and James O'Connor are some pretty top guys to be feeding ball to.

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    He's going from Shute Shield to a few games of Super 14 and now were chasing him like he's going to solve everything.

He'd be a good understudy for a year to the likes of Gits but to sign him based on the fact he'll start at 10 each week is a bit out there.

Why do we consistantly look for players inside the gold fish bowl.

Look abroad as well, so what if we end up with more than a few internationals in the team. At the moment we've still only got one born and bred West Aussie still anyway. We need an experienced head at 10 not just someoe who is available.
    You are so right old boy. A great perspective from the Valleys. Do Welsh rugby forwards carry on about how emotionally upset they are about the coach yelling at them? Do they form work place unions to complain about the coach yelling? I'd love to here your perspective on this circus.?

Helangahu is hardly going to set the world on fire for us. The rugby world is large these days.

If JOC had any testosterone, he'd step up. What an opportunity.

0 Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Exactly the reason I think a Halangahu is the medicine the needs......he's not the wonderboy up-himself superstar who thinks that the game is only worth winning if he makes the breaks, he's a good, serviceable half with a solid kicking game and good distribution. He'll be humble enough for the coach to build a gameplan around him unleashing the masses of we have in the backline......and might just find a yellow jersey at the end of that particular rainbow as well!
    Can't Daruda do all of this as well, he will go if he can't get any game time

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    good question

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    Yes, he can...I don't rate him as highly as Halangahu, which explains why I'd put Rabbit ahead of him in the pecking order, but each to their own.

To be reasonable, the only reason we need to sign a #10 is to comfort Rabbit in the contract negotiations.

0 Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Yes he can. But he can't do it alone. If JOC doesn't want to play 10, we need at least two others. Daruda is one. He is young, he has potential but he couldn't take over the 10 mantle for a whole season yet. Halangahu, for example, is that little bit more experienced and between the two of them could get the job done.

I'm a huge fan of giving Daruda a proper go but you simply can't rely on him alone- particularly with his limited experience.

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    This is the box that we need to be thinking outside of.

I'm not a fan of Jonny boy but he was one of the hardest tackling fly halves in the game and NO I don't want him at the Force.

Halangahu is a band aid quick fix solution.

I agree with Rex, world rugby is very large these days, we need to expand our options.

I'd target Carlos Spencer over the Shute Shield boy anyday. A good 10 needs experience leading the team around the field. Spencer is still playing at the top level in England. He's only one option.

Try and lure Stephen Donald (Waikato) over here. Shaun Connor (Wales) former Ospreys now at Newport. Felipe Contepomi (Leinster) he's brilliant. Paul Warwick (Australian) Munster and reportedly going to London Irish. Chris Paterson (Edinburgh) capped 95 times by Scotland. Chris Malone (Aussie) playing at Harlequins.

My first choice would be ta da Nick Evans (NewZealand) another Harlequins boy.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by welshrugbyfan; 15-04-09 at 12:07.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Try and lure Stephen Donald (Waikato) over here. Shaun Connor (Wales) former Ospreys now at Newport. Felipe Contepomi (Leinster) he's brilliant. Paul Warwick (Australian) Munster and reportedly going to London Irish. Chris Paterson (Edinburgh) capped 95 times by Scotland. Chris Malone (Aussie) playing at Harlequins.
    Carlos isn't playing top level rugby anymore- he wasn't getting first grade time with Northampton and is mostly playing seconds at the moment.

Stephen Donald blows far too hot and cold. He would be highly frustrating to have running the Force backline. Don't know much about Shaun Connor but if he's being held out of a Wales spot by Stephen Jones and James Hook he can't be too much better than Halangahu (IMHO). Contepomi is great but he is getting on a lot and probably won't take the pay cut. Paul Warwick and Chris Malone I know very little about but on the basis of the fact that they are Australian are at least worthy of consideration.

Nick Evans would be great, even considering his high injury rate, but highly unlikely/unwilling to come to Perth.

I don't see how you can say WRF that Halangahu is any more of a quick fix solution than anyone one of the marquee players you have suggested. They'll come in play for the money and then bugger off. Halangahu at least would be a) cheaper b) more likely to stay on and c) not using up a marquee player slot which could be better used on a hooker or a tighthead.

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    A question we all need answered is:

If we know we are going to be short a number 10 next year, why has Daruda not been getting any game time no matter how small so far this season, he played in the pre season games and appeared good enough for at least a bench spot, is he injured or if not why do the powers that be believe that he is getting more valuable experience at Perth club level, should we not be sending hom over east like Staniford and a few other went for a game or two. Or is their something else brewing with him?

0 Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    A question we all need answered is:

If we know we are going to be short a number 10 next year, why has Daruda not been getting any game time no matter how small so far this season, he played in the pre season games and appeared good enough for at least a bench spot, is he injured or if not why do the powers that be believe that he is getting more valuable experience at Perth club level, should we not be sending hom over east like Staniford and a few other went for a game or two. Or is their something else brewing with him?
    Completely agree with this Tazz, the management of Daruda at the moment is hard to understand, and if they are never intending to use him why have they bothered to retain him for so long?

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    This is the box that we need to be thinking outside of.

Halangahu is a band aid quick fix solution.
    I'd target Carlos Spencer over the Shute Shield boy anyday. A good 10 needs experience leading the team around the field. Spencer is still playing at the top level in England. He's only one option.

My first choice would be ta da Nick Evans (NewZealand) another Harlequins boy.
    Meanwhile back in reality

Chris Paterson plays for Scotland in the 6N, I can;t see the Force wanting to release their "star" player for 5 weeks out of the 13. Why would the Force want to lure a player who will effectively only play for two thirds of the season? Unless of course Paterson gives up International Rugby.

Stephen Donald is chasing the All Black number 10, current NZRU rules do not allow for their players to be eligible for the All Blacks when playing for any club that isn't in NZ. Then you have the fact that he is rather inconsistant as James said.

Shaun Connor at 33 years old? Surely your joking? Given that he is half way through a 2 year deal with Newport, and is involved in Management of the Ospreys Under 20's side, obviously he already has one eye on retirement

Felipe Contepomi has signed a 4 year deal with Toulon from 09/10 according to what I have read

Paul Warwick is contracted to Munster for next Northern Season therefore missing the 2010 Super 14, after he was reported to have signed a 3 year deal with London Irish.

Carlos Spencer is old, throughs intercept passes and on February 3rd 2009, Spencer signed for Gloucester on a 17-month contract

Nick Evans would probably be the best candidate to lure home as I can't find any current contract information. I would imagine that Harlequins would be keen to keep him. I guess it depends on what aspirations he has for 2011. But with an All Blacks spot possibly on the line, once again would have to go the NZ as the NZRU current rules don't allow for players to be eligible for the All Blacks and play overseas, even in the Super 14.

I can't find any info on Chris Malone other then just a bit of information regarding his career. Doesn't contain any current contract information

So only 6 out of 8 that you have metioned are currently contracted by Northern Clubs, I'm sure that I could find info on the other 2 if I tried hard enough. Given the amount of Money on offer up North you would have to imagine all you will be be possible to lure back are bloke who have an eye on Wallabies consideration or old blokes who have one eye on retirement.

Why give up the marquee signing for someone who is only going to be here for a year?

Halangahu and Daruda will fit the bill, get some fatties for the Front Row, anyone can play 10 behind a forward pack that is going forwards. Why do we need a revolving door of fly halfs? We tried to buy instant success with Giteau and it failed. I still think Giteau should never have been signed (sorry to those who think otherwise) but it smacked of an attempt for instant success. Why do we need to repeat that?

I'm not saying give him the job on a silver platter, but surely it would be better in the long term then signing someone from up North who is probably not going to stay longer then 12 months?

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by jargan83; 15-04-09 at 15:30.

vCash
    Daniel Halangahu guaranteed Western Force No. 10

Bull Shit nobody should given that, whats the point no one else out of the 15 would bother to try ??????????????????????????

0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast