Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tah rugby the epitome of dull

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    are you admitting blindness?
    Indeed I am pretty blind but I'd remember to put my contact lenses in before going to the game

0 Not allowed!
    "Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    I am pretty blind
    You're hired!

0 Not allowed!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    You're hired!
    but only as an assistant ref. for full reffing, you need retardedness also (Ecky excepted).

0 Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    You can't do a huge sweeping generalisation like that and then just pander to the local you all love!

I appreciate that you did it but hey, no man is an island...

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    You can't do a huge sweeping generalisation like that and then just pander to the local you all love!

What about Simon and Garfunkle?

0 Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    you should watch the game Ecky it was pretty shocking even the comentators could not figure it out
    Fustrating to watch aye there is too much grey area in rugby Sharpie should of snotted the ref Lieke should be sent back to garde rugby. Thing is he still egts paid for these mistakes!!! and prob wont get dropped

0 Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    What about Simon and Garfunkle?
    his was a little island,a rock in fact

0 Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    A passing comment during the match set me thinking, and I am not sure that half the problem isn't that everyone is focusing on symptoms rather than causes.

Everyone talks about crap football, but it always seems to be interpreted as a tactical issue - as though the team has intentionally come out to destroy the game as a spectacle. Perhaps this late in the season that is where the mindset has settled, but for mine the underlying problem is ball skills. For most spectators, "crap" football is the ball being spilt under little pressure, poor kicking, easy turn-overs, stupid penalties, lateral play etc, not the tactics in play. Anything executed well is attractive, so address the handling in particular and players start to regain confidence in their execution and teammates, start throwing the ball a bit more and the adventure comes back into the play. It is why the young guys come across as such a breath of fresh air - they have not learnt to distrust everyone around them. But this year I've thought the ball skills of the 'Tahs in particular and the Aussie teams in general have been pretty poor, and it has been reflected in the play. It is even part of the reason why they kick rather than take contact and die with the ball rather than make the pass.

That is where they need to spend time and effort. Poor old Robbie Deans must be sweating, given how much he'll need to do...

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    The real problem with rugby is that attacking rugby has to start from behind the advantage line except at the set piece.

At the tackle contest, the defence is sitting right on the add line and the attack has little opportunity to advance the ball unless the pack advances it over the line and build momentum with pick and drive and quick ruck ball that gats the defence backpedalling and sucks in forwards.

The amount of cheating at the breakdown is ridiculous.

Bring back rucking. Players will roll away quicker, mark my words

0 Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah, especially the guys playing in this comp...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Criminal charges after 'malicious' ruck?

The parents of a New Zealand club player, Luke Wilson, is considering laying criminal charges against a rival player after what they described as a 'deliberate assault' on their son.

The Otago Daily Times reports that Wilson wants the player who rucked him, leading to 130 stitches in his left leg, banned for life, while his mother is regarding the rucking an assault and is considering legal action.

After being rucked in a club game in Owaka last Thursday, Wilson (27) was taken to Dunedin Hospital and operated on for four-and-a-half hours.

"I think it was deliberate," Wilson told the Otago Daily Times.

"It was malicious. They pushed hard into my leg with their boot and then pushed the sprig down my leg," he said.

Wilson believes he knows who cut his leg and that a sharpened stud was used.

He now faces months in bed and has been told he will not be able to return to his building job until the end of the year.

Wilson, a fullback for the Crescent senior side, took the ball into a ruck in a match against Owaka just before half-time.

"The ball was way away from me and I was ready to get up when I felt this big ruck mark down my leg," Wilson said.

"It was very, very painful. I saw my muscle and part of my bone hanging out. I was screaming in pain."

Wilson tried to shuffle to the sideline, but he collapsed and the game was stopped.

He then had to wait for more than half an hour for an ambulance.

"I was drifting in and out of being unconscious. I was just trying not to look at it."

Muscle had to be cut away during the operation but it was hoped it would re-grow.

Wilson had 17 stitches in his other leg last year when he was also rucked.

Wilson, who has played more than 100 games for Crescent, and also played for Otago Country, said the surgeon who operated on him told him the damage was horrific, especially considering it happened on the field.

His mother, who was not at the game, said she was outraged by the injury.

"It was sickening," Vicky Wilson said.

"I consider it an assault. I'm not stopping here. I want to get a lawyer involved and might take it to court."

Crescent Football Club president Gail Phillips declined to comment on the incident but said the club was working through the process.

Owaka secretary Ashley Mason said he had not heard of any complaint but would be fully co-operative in any investigation.

Studs must be no longer than 21mm. Referee Marthinus Hendriks said he checked the studs by hand before the game and they were all fine. He saw no sign of foul play at the breakdown when Wilson was hurt.

Otago Rugby Football Union amateur rugby manager Justin Gardner said the union would investigate the matter and might refer it to the New Zealand Rugby Union due to the seriousness of the injury.

http://www.rugby365.com/all_news/1623080.htm

0 Not allowed!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post

I would love to agree Ecky but I've seen some of the ex props that hang around here!

0 Not allowed!
    Just happy to be here

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    I would love to agree Ecky but I've seen some of the ex props that hang around here!

0 Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    and then there's the guys who never did understand the laws even when they played. That's the trouble with refs. They've read the laws of the game.

0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2