Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Joondalup 18's

vCash
    I think the closed season will be as entertaining as the full season with RugbyWA trying to work out a Prem & Champ structure ... albeit the mid season announcement set a precedent.

Joondalup preseason training could involve a lot of shovels to dig out a second pitch ...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Yeahbaby7, I'm not stirring the pot. A Joondalup man higher than you (in the top 3) told me directly.

When you look at the facts, Joondalup has no case to enter Premier Grade in 2014. I'm sorry you don't want to believe it and no-one is disputing your commitment to your club.

The only chance for Joondalup to achieve Premier Grade status is to do it gradually, ie if the competition structure facilitated Joondalup playing in say Reserve Grade for a period to build depth and experience.

As your man said to me "if we were in Premier Grade we'd be slaughtered".

It's pretty obvious and I'm sure anyone who knows the competition would agree.

PS I don't eat tripe (worse than Biltong).

Last edited by RumourMonger; 11-07-13 at 14:58.

Champion
    vCash
    Yeahbaby 7 - it would be counterproductive for you to leave this debate and site, because of the inane, stupid comments that some find necessary to post.

The old saying " it's easier to quit that to remain and fix things" Also a whole lot easier to insult, bag and slander ideas, people and clubs than work to make things better

I can say some great plans are being proposed for the next few years ahead.

Champion
    vCash
    Yeah baby I only repeated what I was told by a very reliable source who was standing about 5 metres away.I didn't exaggerate to stir emotions, the fact pure and simple is a supporter of your club manhandled a player fullstop.I didn't set out to bag your club I would of asked the question of any club

Last edited by westies man; 11-07-13 at 15:46. Reason: a
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Rookie
    vCash
    Westie you telling us you werent even there .RM do you think Joondalup would do worse than Wanneroo or Perth .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeahbaby7 View Post
    Ill be leaving this site and closing the club account as well. Good luck to those on here whose intentions are sound.
    It's a shame that you are led to this proposed action, but I completely understand your reaction against a very small minority of posters on this site whose agenda is hard to fathom. On the one hand they say they are across pretty much everything to do with club rugby in Perth and on the other they mix half-truths, innuendo and misleading statements under the guise of being The Expert on these things.

I for one have enjoyed the passion of your posts and reckon it's clubbies like you who are all too few in this forum.

I really hope you reconsider and maybe simply don't rise to the bait laid by a very few whose self-proclaimed job is to post tripe (whether or not they wittily admit to eating it) and then sit back and watch the reactions. These small-minded people have the oddest sense of smug satisfaction; the way they behave on this site. Makes me wonder on how many other sites they do the same thing just to provoke reaction and get their jollies.

Please stay Yeahbaby.

Last edited by Ecky; 11-07-13 at 20:50.

Champion
    vCash
    ok

Last edited by westies man; 11-07-13 at 20:27. Reason: w
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Furthermore I personally believe it is imperative that Joondalup attains Prem status in order for the game to grow as I have have previously commented in several posts.My thread was not intended to be seen as singling out any one club.I have no doubt about Yeah Babies passion and commitment

Last edited by westies man; 11-07-13 at 20:30. Reason: w

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Pat View Post
    RM do you think Joondalup would do worse than Wanneroo or Perth .
    We've been down this path before; Yes, Wanneroo or Baysie would absolutely pump Joondalup if they played a serious game against each other; by 80 points plus.

It would be a humiliation that no rugby player should feel (putting aside the physical beating) if any of the top 5 Premier teams played Joondalup and took it seriously.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Please stay Yeahbaby.
    I agree, please stay.

You can have Ecky's spot!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Pat View Post
    Wanneroo 0 v Cottesloe 76 Kingsway Reserve, Landsdale 15:30
    Nedlands 62 v Wanneroo 7 The Foreshore, Nedlands 15:30

First couple of games and the latest one not a pop at Wanneroo but at RM

Wanneroo 7 v Rockingham 55 Kingsway Reserve, Landsdale 15:30

Last one from a club that has no future in the Prem.

Rumour Monger you are full of it mate
    If your using scores as the only indicator, then the above scores actually prove RM's point that Joondalup are not ready, as Wanneroo have played them this season and beat them.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    OK- I am confused.

I understand that Joondalup is currently doing what it can so that sometime in the future it can field a team in the Premier Grade. Right?

IF that was to happen - lets say for example in 2015. Surely the Joondalup Club would recruit players that played at Premier Grade Standard. Right?

OR

Does the Joondalup Club Current playing roster defeat all comers by 50 - 80 points because their current squad is that much better than their current opposition?

RumourMunger unless you have another alias where you are known as Nostril-Dumass there is no way that you can even guess at the results of a squad that has not even been selected or trained together yet which is at the very least a season from being put in to the Premier Grade Competition Level.

Or is there something I am missing?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I'm sure there's several threads going re the competition structure and this is the latest to be hijacked.

So ... Hansie where are thou ... you seem to have your finger on the pulse and as you've previously alluded too a new structure next year, can you shed some further light what Rugby WA (WARU) or CRAC are thinking about for season 2014 or is it secret squirrel stuff atm?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    RumourMunger unless you have another alias where you are known as Nostril-Dumass there is no way that you can even guess at the results of a squad that has not even been selected or trained together yet which is at the very least a season from being put in to the Premier Grade Competition Level.

Or is there something I am missing?
    A cursory look at the Premiership Tables for the District Competition indicates that (based on performance) Curtin Uni and ARKS are making a stronger case than Joondalup for promotion. ie you need to look at the depth in the club and performance within that depth to gauge the likely performance if the club was promoted.

Joondalup are not dominating in either District 1 or 2 competitions, don't have an under 20 team (which is the feeder team for Premier / Reserves) and their Under 18's are doing it tough.

I'm not saying Joondalup should not be in Premier Grade some day but on the evidence today I can't imagine how they could be promoted to Premier Grade in a few months time. People can become emotional, dummy spit and accuse me of all manner of things but I can't believe that in say November 2013 Rugby WA will grant Joondalup Premier status and that something in the order of 40 premier standard players, 6-8 rep level coaches and $200K of additional revenue is going to walk through the door before late January in time for pre-season.

If there's a floor in my logic I'm all ears.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Hansie - secret squirrel stuff
    You're on to him Paccy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast