Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wanker of the Year

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Drag out the Army Boots and do some stomping GIGST

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Under the name "Nick"
    No mate I think Nick is still in Melbourne

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Well, I give up. I was starting to calm down until Mike Logan got back on and tried to defend himself by suggesting that his insults were either "lampooning" or taken out of context.

I'm happy to have an argument, and will sometimes (God forbid) play devil's advocate in one, but I won't argue with someone who is too gutless to stand behind his own statements. This thread is aptly named!

Just out of curiosity, Chook, we spar every now and again, what do you think of Mike Logan?

OK now that you've done the whole NSW is great thing.....he's a dick ... right?

C'mon the

vCash
    As a fishing expedition it was very successful. Hats off to Wolverine, ever a prickly character.

Seriously though, its yet another example of focusing on the negatives in Rugby. Fava put his hand up (or had it forced up) and takes the bitter pill. Price paid. Move on, nothing to see here.
    Some folks are reading too much into player behaviour ( Was there ever a time when pissed idiots didn't exist? ) if anything is to be read in the responses to the article, although its easier to criticize than praise I suppose ( certainly in Quokkagate). Not much good ever comes of it though except for the constantly chewing over disappointing cud.

Where the hell is Amanda Shalala? We need her positive spirit! She is a force for good!

If only we had done better in the RWC, there would be less drivel for dribblers to drool over.

Agree, Logan is a tool, and i'm not impressed with his spelling either. Far too fond of clever word arrangements that seem to point at the Force as being some evil ogre but in reality is having a go at professional sports people.

NSW is fanTAHstic!

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Attempting to write inflammatory statements in such a way as to be able to retract them is a delicate business chook, surely you can't expect him to spell them correctly as well!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    I reckon that geezer wrote the questions for the citizenship test,his spelling was on a par

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Probably didn't help with the final sentence John

'Go easy' on Force duo

By Adrian Warren
    December 04, 2007

WESTERN Force coach John Mitchell said it was important not to discard players who committed disciplinary breaches.

And Mitchell suggested the incident involving Force forwards Scott Fava and Richard Brown wouldn't be the last alcohol-related problem rugby suffered.

Scott Fava and Richard Brown were fined $11,000 and $5000 respectively after breaching the Force's serious misconduct protocol on Rottnest Island on November 23.

A RugbyWA misconduct committee found both players had been drunk in public and behaved anti-socially and inappropriately handled quokkas.

Both Brown and Fava were ordered to undertake seven days' community service, with Fava additionally ordered to seek counselling for alcohol abuse.

Mitchell said he certainly didn't condone the behaviour of Fava and Brown, but stressed Force had team protocols in place to deal with the consequences of poor player behaviour.

Mitchell said the protocols were not viewed as a policing exercise, but more as a method of trying to get players to change their behaviour.

"They won't be the only boys or only team this year that has a problem with alcohol, it's generally in most clubs,'' Mitchell said during a break in Tuesday's SANZAR conference in Sydney.

"The thing is I guess they've got to learn from it, but the important thing is not to discard them.

"Because sometimes when boys go through probably their worst experience, it's also their greatest learning opportunity to go through life.''

Mitchell said it was really good that Fava had "faced his demons'' and acknowledged he had a problem and needed to get advice.

He said he hadn't really thought about whether there would now be a negative perception of Force's culture.

"At the end of the day it happens in every club, it's not going to be the last time that it happens and it's not the last time they are going to drink and we certainly won't be creating rules that prevent them from having a social outlet,'' Mitchell said.

Mitchell said Force's protocols evolved each year and the senior players had participated in a workshop on them just a few hours before the Rottnest incident.

AAP

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2