Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: More moving the force stuff..

vCash
    Jeez where would we be without such pearls of wisdom.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Where is the useless chatter thread when you need it?

vCash
    Did you close it?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I don't think she has the slightest clue if she thinks WA fans would follow a team to Western Sydney.

I would probably end up supporting whoever DHP ended up playing for, unless it was a NSW team.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Would not go for a Sydney team ever. As far as other allegiances go I hope I never have to find out.

I see on the Beale article on FoxSport that the tahs are looking at Kyle as a replacement.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    If the Western Force was to ever move to Western Sydney, (and I cant see it ever happening).

I would drop them so hard and so fast

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

vCash
    If they moved I'd nip them off and send them around the U bend very quickly!
    Back to the Sharks who I supported until the Force came into being.

May the FORCE be with you!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I certainly wouldn't be following the team if they were to be moved; I probably wouldn't be following the competition much once I had no skin in it. I might still follow the NRC but only if I felt it were a real competition, being treated as such. It would be hard to see them as anything more than the Griquas of Australian rugby though, really only intended to feed players into the other teams. Wouldn't have any time for that.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Maybe I'm wildly optimistic. But I don't see that happening. Without Foxtel money there is nothing in the pot for Super Rugby. I can't see them being willing to lose a large portion of WA subscriptions or the timeslot; and that is a likely outcome.

When they closed the Western Reds I simply went with the Bulldogs, who I still supported as well as the Reds.

I turned my back on the Tahs in the Force's second season and will never go back. I'd simply cancel my subscription, watch the Mungos on FTA and watch more WA Rugby at the ground on Saturdays. I'd likely not even watch S Rugby at all.

But I'm actually hoping the powers that be have seen the errors they made and make some positive changes to boost the Western Force. Starting with retaining Godwin.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    After all the hype re the ARU stepping up and finally supporting The Force, there hasn't been a sniff of them actually doing anything. All we hear is about the new sports stadium being built for the Tahs -ahem mean NSW sports (yeah right). The Brumbies getting bailed out of their shamozzle, and the Rebels getting a new signing of Koroibete fromNRL. As has been queried repeatedly here on this forum, what exactly is the so-called 5 year plan meant to entail for the Force? Members are treated like shit despite being expected to cough up more and more money every year, but never any communication on plans.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I could never support another Aus SR franchise if the Force moved. I'd likely go with SNOB over to the Sharks :-)

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Dear xxxx

I want to update you on the various issues you may have read concerning RugbyWA and the Western Force over the past few months.

It is no secret that our financial position has been under pressure for some time, seven years of losses, on-going team performance issues and the challenges we all face with the WA economy has brought the matter to a head.

Over the years all of you have supported us and without that support this moment may have come a lot sooner. It is clear that the Western Force has some of the most loyal fans in Australian rugby.

In our discussions with Bill Pulver, CEO of Australian Rugby, it is clear that the ARU, as much as the WA Rugby community, all want the same outcome;

1. For the Western Force to be based in Perth,
    2. to be a competitive team and
    3. for rugby to continue to grow in Western Australia.

To that end the ARU are prepared to support the Western Force for the foreseeable future through an alliance which guarantees our position in WA going forward. The model we are developing will serve all of rugby and look to improve the long term competitiveness of our team.

Over the next few weeks I look forward to sharing with you our new structure and plans to continue to grow rugby participation and talent in WA.

Thank you for your ongoing support and I look forward to seeing you at the game this Saturday evening.

Mark Sinderberry
    CEO, Western Force

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Gerry,Gerry,Gerry!
    regards
    EX CEO
    Mark

vCash
    You nearly had me there..

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I could never support another Aus SR franchise if the Force moved. I'd likely go with SNOB over to the Sharks :-)
    If you're going to South African teams - watch and support the Lions.
    There's rugby being played there in all the right spirit.
    Win, lose or draw it's good fun

If the Force is moved or shut down, then I'm going deep with the Perth Spirit and local rugby...but may look into Hurling for a little bit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2