Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It's Super Makeover

vCash
    Thats pretty much what I implied, obviously an increase may be warranted but a major increase to watch at most 2 or 3 games extra in an extremely sub-standard venue may turn some people away. It would depend on whether JO'N's plan to make it a 26 week season goes ahead with all teams playing each other twice or the alternative 16 week season with everyone playing each of the sides once with the derby round's at the end before the finals.

But this does add to the business case in regards to a dedicated Rectangular stadium (not that there wasn't one before)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    hopefully the politician who gives this to parliment will talk about all this.
    does he get the usual 20 mins to talk when presenting a petition?

vCash
    why would memberships go up in price?? im pretty sure finals tickets are included in the membership package, you just get priority purchasing power. plus we have to get past the mid season slump and actually make the finals for this to have any effect...

vCash
    I thought that we only get priority access, not actual tickets to the game??

and yes we need to get past the annual mid-season slump first

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    yeah...im pretty sure we have to pay when we get a home final

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    so if we get a home final, we have to re-buy our tickets or can we use our membership like we do for normal games?

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I would assume that the cost of membership would be based on a figure of $x per game multiplyed by number of games to give you membership costs.

An increase in the number of games would have to see a corresponding increase in the cost of membership. Lets face it the rent of Subi wont get cheaper because the Force are playing their more often. Nor would the staffing costs.

Next time I get a chance to talk to RWA I will ask.

A big question I think would be - would the contracts of the players need to be re-renegotiated because of the change in number of games in the season?

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

vCash
    Do you think SANZAR would want to put a home grand final in a stadium like Subi? I could see the ARU pulling a fast one and putting it in Melbourne or something to increase revenue or whatever, stating the AFL and A-League as an example where the final isn't at the home of the team who would logically have won the right....

vCash
    The thing with the A-League was different, they moved that 2-3 hours down to road by car. Not into a different state, and the team that was "hosting" the game agreed to it. AFL moving finals doesnt happen anymore (to my knowledge) because the agreement with the MCG to host 1 final everyweek finals are on got scrapped

vCash

Slide in TV ratings promotes makeover talk

Next year’s Super 14 competition is likely to be the last played under the existing 13 matches format.
    Australian rugby boss John O’Neill has proposed a revamp in 2011 but a slide in television ratings in New Zealand and South Africa could lead to a competition makeover in 2010.

O’Neill, in Dublin to meet international rugby powerbrokers, wants Super 14 to be played over 26 weeks, instead of 16, with eight teams contesting a month-long final series in August.

All teams would play each other once, with the extra matches comprising crowd-pulling domestic derbies, providing the Western Force with 11 or 12 home games a season rather than six or seven.

With New Zealand and South Africa each having five teams, O’Neill has proposed Australia have five, too, possibly through a joint venture with Japan or the Pacific Island group.

Tri-Nations Tests would be played directly after the grand final, with the lead-in internationals moving to midweek.

Pay-television funds Super 14 but audiences have fallen about 20 percent over three years and the NZ Herald revealed that concerned broadcasters wanted the competition restructured as soon as possible, ideally before 2011 when a new media rights agreement will be negotiated.

SANZAR, the three-nation group which administers the southern hemisphere competition, accepts Super 14 is in trouble, with players leaving in significant numbers for rich European clubs and attendance at matches in decline.

New Zealand and South Africa are concerned a longer Super 14 competition would adversely impact their respective NPC and Currie Cup provincial competitions.

However, their administrators accept they have to provide a more attractive television package to rights holder News Ltd — and quickly.

Without a suitable media deal, neither New Zealand nor South Africa would be able to maintain large squads of professional players and the damaging talent drain across the equator would accelerate.

Australian pay-TV ratings are holding up but the figures across the Tasman are of concern to SkyTV, which has the New Zealand rights.

“Something does need to happen to give Super 14 a shake-up,” SkyTV head of sport, Kevin Cameron said. “We are certainly keen to see how it evolves and what model might work.

“There have been discussions between all sorts of groups and there is a desire to take a good look at it.”

-DAVE HUGHES

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ontentID=70152

vCash
    about time, the season is over far too quick,......

vCash
    wouldn't it be great with 11-12 home games!! my life would be improve 10000000%!!!

and it adds to the need for a rectangular stadium!

vCash
    they need a longer season but o neil needs to stop thinking just about money, heaps of local derbies will screw the competiton up, if they are going to make it over 20 rounds they may as well play everyone twice with a short finals series.

vCash
    Shite loads more work for me.....

BLACK IS THICKER THAN BLOOD

vCash
    You'd love it seldom, i'd be spending more $$$ down there

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast