View Poll Results: Do you want James O'Connor to return to the Western Force on the club/teams terms

Voters
103. This poll is closed
  • Yes

84 81.55%
  • No

19 18.45%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Do you want Rabbit Back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    I've voted YES, because the poll was "under the Force terms", and because Force had the gumption to ditch Alfie Mafi who was our best attacking weapon, playing well enough for a Wallabies jersey. And I think its also because he was a Force player to start with. If he can't get his act together back here with a second chance, then he is doomed.

I will make it absolutely clear...the Force cannot afford another player debacle. The first sign of malfeasance and he has to get ditched no matter how good a player he might be. This club really needs to get a no dickheads policy in place, one thing I thought Foley might do as part of rebuilding the playing department for sustainable success.
    Like I said in another thread. I hope he's that scared of his contract getting torn up he asks foles or hodgo for permission to take a leak
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    we weren't good enough for him before, but now he has nowhere else to go, there is the potential that he could return!... [/size]
    The possible reasons for his last contract debacle have been done to death here. It seems the hierachy are already aware of TWFs view .
    Based on the fact that he apparently wanted to return here before we became his last resort; give him another go - on the terms the leaders have set.

vCash
    Yes. on our terms.

the obvious get-out clauses and no dickheads policy are a given. I would like to see a 3 year contract too. don't want to have to get into another contracting saga after only 1 year.

vCash
    You have basically all said what I conveyed to CEO and Foley..the consensus of opion mostly from TWF is.. if he comes back he comes on the Force's terms...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
    Yes but if he does sign for Saracens my oldest son will want to move back to the UK where Saracens was our local Premiership club his three rugby heros would all play for that club Chris Ashton Owen Farrell and potentially JOC

So for my families happiness please play for the Force JOC I can't face another British winter
    I'd be more concerned that your son has chosen to idolise three of Rugby's biggest tossers.

All he needs is to like Gavin Henson and he's got the set!

Player
    vCash
    Yes and make him play for rocky cause they don't take from anybody

Senior Player
    vCash
    A resounding yes.

vCash
    I'm saying yes on the presumption we are getting him a bit cheaper as he currently has no other offers in Australian and under our terms. If it was the contrary, then it would be a resounding 'no'.

Last edited by zed; 29-07-13 at 17:23.

Rookie
    vCash
    Bring back JOC

vCash
    JOC is about as popular (in Aus) as Ma'a Nonu is in NZ http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...or-all-blacks/

I'd say yes to have JOC back - if this will make the team more successful in 2014.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Rugby ref my son is 8 nearly 9 I know for a fact he likes these players for their rugby ability. Having met Chris Ashton I can state he is a lovely friendly approachable bloke who is very grounded and approachable. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Owen Farrell. If JOC does come to the Force for next season I shall certainly be there to introduce my son to one of his hero's.

I am of the opinion that young children/people should appreciate sports people for their sporting prowess nothing more. Their role models and who they should aim to be like in their everyday lives are their parents.

vCash
    I agree, on field they are three great players on the park, and appreciate your son is only old enough to appreciate that side, no offence was meant to your son, your comment about parents being the biggest role models is spot on.

I've had the pleasure of meeting all of the players I have mentioned, and can say without a doubt that 3 are the biggest rugby tossers I have met, the only potential non tosser is Owen Farrell who was believing a bit of his own hype at the time, this was before the South Africa tour which seems to have calmed him down, I hope.

I'm sure all four can be great when doing their 'Fan time' stuff, get them away from rugby, you'll see what they're really like. JOC is a classic for this. I saw him once tell a player that he didn't want to talk to him because he wasn't a Wallaby. The player was merely asking what it was like to play on the biggest stage, I've seen him a few times since, and he's never really shown that he's lost the attitude.

vCash
    No

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post

I'm sure all four can be great when doing their 'Fan time' stuff, get them away from rugby, you'll see what they're really like. JOC is a classic for this. I saw him once tell a player that he didn't want to talk to him because he wasn't a Wallaby. The player was merely asking what it was like to play on the biggest stage, I've seen him a few times since, and he's never really shown that he's lost the attitude.
    This is precisely why I don't want JOC back in the team that I devote so much of my life to supporting. I don't care if it means the Force doesn't ever win on the big stage. For me, integrity on AND off the field is more important than winning at all costs. I know that's perhaps naive and old fashioned, but that's how I feel.

Also, I can't see how a few RugbyWA "KPIs" will manage to change or even rein in such an attitude, or deflate such an ego. Consequently, I think that having him back will upset the very strong TEAM spirit Foley has clearly created within the squad.

The Brumbies seem to have managed quite well without one of the ego amigos so why can't the Force aspire to the same?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I hear what you're saying Alison, but do you think there is no possibility of change from him?

I think he's a world class wanker myself, but if the force can play a part in fixing that I'd say it's worth the risk. and cut him loose once it becomes obvious he isn't going to change....just like Alfi
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast