Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gits to start at 10

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Put your vPoints where your vMouth is...

bet if Gits will wear the #10

http://thewholeforce.com/showthread.php?t=5827

bet early....bet often.....and main game...you can bet twice

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Gits is such a talented attacking player you really want him where he will have the ball in his hands as often as possible. He will be a sensation at 9, 10 or 12. Personally, I think he is wasted at 12 because he doesn't see enough ball. During some internationals you wouldn't know he is on the field. Does he have the experience to play 10? I'm sure he would be great. I think he would be a sensational 9 just because he will get his hands on the pill frequently. He has the gas in the after burners and jet shoes. He has been a great buy and he will be great in whatever position he plays

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    agree with you there Chislehead....and imagine all the homework the other teams have been doing with Hilgy at #10 and Gits at #12.....

now thats all out the window.....

maybe he might wear the #12 like against samoa and some of the backs eg Stanners and Mitchell and Sheps have open slather to move about the back line as they see fit and bust up the line.....

will be a very interesting night....

but the book is on...."Will he wear the #10 jersey?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry
    agree with you there Chislehead....and imagine all the homework the other teams have been doing with Hilgy at 10 and Gits at 12.....

now thats all out the window.....

maybe he might wear the 12 like against samoa and some of the backs have open slather to move about
    I am a huge fan of Hilgendorf and I like him at 10. I personally believe he has the deft passing skills and daring footwork to ask questions of the defence and unleash Giteau from 12. I'm sure we'll see a bit of it at some stage

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    maybe Hilgy at 10 for the defensive patterns and then gits or hilgy stand there at set pieces and attack????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead
    Gits is such a talented attacking player you really want him where he will have the ball in his hands as often as possible. He will be a sensation at 9, 10 or 12. Personally, I think he is wasted at 12 because he doesn't see enough ball.
    As far as internationals go, everyone seemed to be quick to write him off at 10 after that test against Italy where he didn't have the best game. The media passed judgement too quickly (and everyone else seems to follow suit) and I really think he should have had a couple more goes at test level there, particularly in light of our lack of depth we now have in that position.

But, in saying that, I think his best trait is the ability to run onto the ball at the right angles to break the advantage line (Horan-esque) - something he can't really do as well when playing at scrumhalf or five eight. Nevertheless, I'd like to see him spend a bit of time at 10 and 12 this year, and I have a feeling Mitch will want him to fit the mould of someone who can cover a NZ-like first and second five. His kicking at 10 will be invaluable, and who knows Chis, your mate Henjak might step up if he is passing to his buddy. It'll be good for the Force, and good for the Wallabies.

vCash
    Also thinking of the other new recruits in the backline - he has more chance to talk to them at 10 then 12

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Rookie
    vCash
    I think Rick Boyd has the backline exactly right the only spanner in the works is if Hilgendorf isn't 100%.
    What about the engine room? I like McIsaak,Cannon, Takiari, Vedelago,Sharpe, Pusey,Brown and Fava...

vCash
    I don't think Drew should get the nod at #15, Shepherd has proven himself there and wants to play there, while Drew has said he is fine with any spot in the backline. As for Gits 10 or 12 is good for me.

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchie
    As far as internationals go, everyone seemed to be quick to write him off at 10 after that test against Italy where he didn't have the best game. The media passed judgement too quickly (and everyone else seems to follow suit) and I really think he should have had a couple more goes at test level there, particularly in light of our lack of depth we now have in that position.

But, in saying that, I think his best trait is the ability to run onto the ball at the right angles to break the advantage line (Horan-esque) - something he can't really do as well when playing at scrumhalf or five eight. Nevertheless, I'd like to see him spend a bit of time at 10 and 12 this year, and I have a feeling Mitch will want him to fit the mould of someone who can cover a NZ-like first and second five. His kicking at 10 will be invaluable, and who knows Chis, your mate Henjak might step up if he is passing to his buddy. It'll be good for the Force, and good for the Wallabies.
    I'm pretty sure Rogers was 10 against Italy. Gits was 9 and Larkham 12.....I had had a few though. Rogers is GOOOOOOOOOONE.
    In the olden days when Chisel was a lad, centres were small and zippy like Gits. The game wasn't as defence orientated. We had Ellas and Papworths and hawkas running amock in midfield. They were built like Gits. The modern trend is for the 12/13 to be more like the brick shithouse. With improved fitness levels, strength and defence it is harder to make the advantage line in midfield. This has given rise to the crash ball. Tanks like Mortlock have evolved. Gits is not a crashball man. If he has a skillful 10 that can put him into space he can create havoc. I personally feel he just doesn't get the ball in his hands enough at 12. He is a great 12 however and since I am a Hilgendorf fan, I would be happy for Gits to play 12.

It's a big IF for Henners to step up

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    The only downside to having gits this year is that we won't get to see the 'dorf and spanner partnership evolve any further...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    The only downside to having gits this year is that we won't get to see the 'dorf and spanner partnership evolve any further...
    You never know
    Gits may be wearing 9 after a few rounds

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah....Rogers was 10 v Italy

vCash
    The great thing about Giteau & Mitchell (Drew, not John) is that the backline suddenly has huge depth - imagine other teams with the luxury of at least 2 quality players for every single position in the backline! Should be a huge start to the season.

...and now poor old Digby has to learn to catch before he gets a look in - and I gather he was a star for the Junior Wallabies, or U21's or whatever it was.

vCash
    OK I'm not Mitch, but I think Jimmy at 10 and Gits at 12, with a team standing order to play wide football all night. Gits will still be able to play stacks of first receiver from there, and lining up Jimmy on the blindside every now and again will provide some devastating variations in attack, can you imagine the number of plays you could run with a configuration like that. Gits will play 12 unless Hilgendorf is hurt.

C'mon the

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast