Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Possible Wallbies 2015 side

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    what most people tend to forget when comparing pocock to hooper is poe's ability to keep his feet EVERY time he goes in for the ball, he is a beast!! he may be a little slower as a ball carrier but be honest when he's dominating the rucks then it free's up the other back rowers to do the carries.
    I still say he's got the prefect body for a number 2, I bet he could hook for the ball whilst under pressure in a low scrum and you get the added advantage of a bulldog at the breakdown whilst keeping Hooper's attack or a more solid, dependable game in somebody like Chris Alcock, who won't shine in any one area, but won't be crap in one either.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Veteran
    vCash
    Pocock was usually a pretty good ball carrier, was great backup at the end of a line out and never missed tackles. Sure doesn't have the toe, but is outstanding in contact at the breakdown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    Pocock was usually a pretty good ball carrier, was great backup at the end of a line out and never missed tackles. Sure doesn't have the toe, but is outstanding in contact at the breakdown.
    All I'm saying is that, when he was younger, he played a lot like Hooper, in everything and pretty good at it, along with a reasonably impressive attacking game. Now that he's bulked up, he's slower to the breakdown and more pedestrian in attack......maybe that suits him to a different position, or he should shed a couple of the bazillion kilos of muscle he has to lose!

C'mon the

vCash
    I wonder if Pocock has a get out clause in his contract now that Jake White has gone ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper1 View Post
    I wonder if Pocock has a get out clause in his contract now that Jake White has gone ?
    Apparently not

''Brett McKay said | September 26th 2013 @ 7:46am | Report comment

After submitting last night, and after the dust had settled on my keyboard again, I got a phonecall from Brumbies CEO Andrew Fagan a bit after 11pm last night, and these are the keypoints coming out of that late chat:

• Jake White feels as though his pathways to coaching at international level are now effectively blocked in Australia;
    • White and his wife missed their sons incredibly, and the lengthy time at home with the boys since the end of the Super Rugby season has only compounded that;
    • White feels as though he’s done what he can with the Brumbies, and that he’s not needed for the club to go and achieve the success it now deserves;
    • Ben Mowen met with White in Cape Town on Wednesday, to try and talk him out of leaving, but once White’s reasons became evident, Mowen is comfortable and respectful of the decision;
    • Board and sponsors comfortable with reasoning, confident the club is well equipped to build on White’s platform;
    • Future of the club looking very healthy with both White’s groundwork, and the $30M development of the old HQ site ready to commence;
    • Board will make a decision on Head Coach role, but Stephen Larkham and Laurie Fisher described as “head coaches in waiting”. Larkham the frontrunner; one more coach to be appointed, probably to fill in behind. George Gregan would have to come into calculations (in my opinion) for an assistant role, having now resigned his ARU board position;
    • Club knows the reality of the international market of professional coaches, and didn’t want to hold White to remaining two years if he’s heart wasn’t going to be in it. No point him being in Canberra if he doesn’t want to be here;
    • Will be comfortable with White coaching in Super Rugby in 2014, if that eventuates. “That’s his prerogative”;
    • Playing group spread all over the world currently, communication difficult, but all accepting and understanding of White’s decision;
    No get-out clauses in playing or coaching staff contracts;
    • Only one or two full squad positions to be filled, plus a few EPS spots left;

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/09/26...rly-departure/ ''

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    he signed a 2 year spell didnt he?
    most of the first one was a holiday anyway.
    i'm sure if he hates it he'll find a way to play through the pain until the time comes for him to get a new deal elsewhere

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    pretty much sums up what I said in the other thread

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    he signed a 2 year spell didnt he?
    most of the first one was a holiday anyway.
    i'm sure if he hates it he'll find a way to play through the pain until the time comes for him to get a new deal elsewhere
    Are you talking about Pocock? No- he signed for three- until the end of 2015.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2