Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is left?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    whilst agreeing with your sentiments,the hardcore fans will turn up through thick & thin,after all we fought so bloody hard to get a team here.There still appears to be trouble at mill though & yes it needs to be sorted.
    the move to MES is a acknowledgement of fans' views(or lack thereof) of Subiaco
    I may sound off but dont worry I will still be there.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    We need to harness more local talent.
    Tim Ashman, Sean Ashton, Dan Bailey, Will Brock, Tim Davies, James Dougal, Tyler Edwars, Joe Egan, Leon Felton, Hamish Grace, Bill Johnston, Ryan Lenegan, Kieran Longbottom, Kris Martinick, Geoff Minson, Brent Murphy, Charles Norcross, Sam Parker, Nathan Roberts, Mike Rowe, Matt Shaw, Ryan Symes, Trefor Thomas, Ryan Tyrell, Dean Tyrrel & Richard Wilde (http://www.rugbywa.com.au/verve/_res...ec_08_file.pdf) all represented Western Australia in 2008 and aside from a handful of names, there has been no mention of them since. Kieran Longbottom is the only one to make it into the Force and Brent Murphy was in the UK touring squad. The only others to gain recognition at a higher level went overseas or interstate.

If we have so many players able to play for WA then why are we not getting them into the Force?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOBSRFC View Post
    Its time to start asking "WHY?"
    If it is due to the coach, management, the committee then steps must be taken to correct the position.

WA RUGBY GET IT BLOODY SORTED

i think it was a mistake extending john mitchells contract to 2011, by the looks of things, were going to finish towards the end of the table and have a rather large exodus of players, would it be worthwhile paying out JM's contract and just starting all over again?

vCash
    Enough of the pessimism, people. We have the Reds & Canes at home, then The Oxford Street Gang away, Lions (h), Bulls, Stormers (a) and finish with the Highlanders at home. I'll be surprised and dissappointed if we can't pick up at least 4 wins. That would finish us on 28 points if we don't get a single nother bonus. We are currently 2-1-3 not 0-0-6. We've beaten ACT there for the first time and should be gunning for a first in Sydney. The boys usually go well in ZA and will look to get at least one win there. I'll bet they are looking onwards and upwards and we all should be too.

BE THE FORCE BEHIND THE FORCE. And let the contracts situation play itself out and we'll worry about that next year. Rant over.

Last edited by shasta; 29-03-09 at 15:41.
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    We need to harness more local talent.
    Tim Ashman, Sean Ashton, Dan Bailey, Will Brock, Tim Davies, James Dougal, Tyler Edwars, Joe Egan, Leon Felton, Hamish Grace, Bill Johnston, Ryan Lenegan, Kieran Longbottom, Kris Martinick, Geoff Minson, Brent Murphy, Charles Norcross, Sam Parker, Nathan Roberts, Mike Rowe, Matt Shaw, Ryan Symes, Trefor Thomas, Ryan Tyrell, Dean Tyrrel & Richard Wilde (http://www.rugbywa.com.au/verve/_res...ec_08_file.pdf) all represented Western Australia in 2008 and aside from a handful of names, there has been no mention of them since. Kieran Longbottom is the only one to make it into the Force and Brent Murphy was in the UK touring squad. The only others to gain recognition at a higher level went overseas or interstate.

If we have so many players able to play for WA then why are we not getting them into the Force?
    Some of these guys were in the Force's first year academy and a few made it to subsequent years. But it seems that most of them just weren't up to the required standard. For Longbottom he had the advantage of being both young and a prop with plenty of development left in him. The quality of junior rugby in WA certainly sounds like it is really improving and with the pathway in place we'll just have to wait until those guys who were 16 or younger when the Force came in and have been through the academy program are ready. Regretfully its a bit of a waiting game. It takes until 21 for most players to really mature and so it will take another year or two until we could see double digits of Perth based players in the Force.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Enough of the pessimism, people. We have the Reds & Canes at home, then The Oxford Street Gang away, Lions (h), Bulls, Stormers (a) and finish with the Highlanders at home. I'll be surprised and dissappointed if we can't pick up at least 4 wins. That would finish us on 28 points if we don't get a single nother bonus. We are currently 2-1-3 not 0-0-6. We've beaten ACT there for the first time and should be gunning for a first in Sydney. The boys usually go well in ZA and will look to get at least one win there. I'll bet they are looking onwards and upwards and we all should be too.

BE THE FORCE BEHIND THE FORCE. And let the contracts situation play itself out and we'll worry about that next year. Rant over.
    fair enough, if we pick up 4 wins that puts us on 6 wins, its hardly onwards and upwards if we won more games the previous season....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    fair enough, if we pick up 4 wins that puts us on 6 wins, its hardly onwards and upwards if we won more games the previous season....
    Granted we need more than a bare 4 with no BP's. That much is obvious. That's why almost every match is gonna be a must win. Nothing new there either. But there's no rule that says you can't finish strong after an average start. Maybe they all do want out and will fall away the rest of the season. But maybe not too. I won't be slashing my wrists just yet.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    It's when the finals start looking a bit distant that those planning to leave will open the rift wider. Giteau's malevolence will come to the fore. He has the inside voice to undermine the Force renegotiations. Giteau will be looking after his new franchise and you can bet he will be sounding out JOC in private to see what he wants to do. The other franchises will be picking over the dead carcase.

Giteau should be sacked.

JOC should play 10 if he wants it. If he doesn't, stick Daruda in 10. You have to feel sorry for him. His has shown unflagging loyalty to the franchise that gave him an opportunity and he has had nothing in return.

A young lion should be made captain. Pocock is the man. Sharpie would understand. Sharpe should be retained however. A new captain, a new ethic, a new future and a new determination and will to succeed.

Giteau is the albatross around our neck. The Force needs to go back to sailing upon a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Put it on the table.

Controversy corner

vCash
    sharpe is retained isnt he? i havent heard of any mention of a get out clause in his contact until the end of 2011?

vCash
    Why would Scott Durada stay when he never gets a run even a bench spot? ... He is just watching his rugby career evaporate before his eyes. Opportunity is limited by time... He should look elsewhere and get some real game time...

vCash
    Odds are once Giteau goes back to his mum Daruda will get plenty of game time
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Daruda has had a couple of opportunities in the top grade. I would like to see him get a run this year to see whether he has matured.

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

vCash
    Gits going is a great opportunity for Daruda to get his starting position at #10 and i hope he chooses to stay. he has been here since day one and hardly a fair share of game time has gone to him so i hope he does decide to play, he was great!! at the pre-season game this year vs Crusaders. although, he will have to contend with james o'connor.. unless james likes/prefers fullback?

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    See this is part of the problem, Daruda is all of 23 and people are calling for game time before his career is over! 23 year olds should be dominating the club scene and leading a provincial team, ready to step up to Super Rugby and the Test arena.
    There is always this expectation of instant success.
    Sure there are some who are good enough as a teenager but we would be far better off with more mature players in the elite positions, it is getting ridiculous.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "The Canberra Times understands Sharks players Bismarck and Jannie du Plessis were at the venue at the time of the incident."

Conducting a little field research on Australian culture with a mind to a potential Perth move?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast