Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wallabies Front Row not up to it...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Front Row Factory
    I just want to see 2 big hairy ass front rows give it to each other (without their poofter lycra ballerina jumpers on), nothing makes me more HAPPY! I hope who ever the props are they just give it plenty.
    I think I agree with you FRF....in the Rugby sense at least

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    well the game is over the scrum did well even with the refs shocking rules on engagement. Does he not know the fundamental rules of the final to commands being nearly as one. No to get more T.V time he waits at least 5 seconds. Then we had Baxter thank god only for a few minutes (still to long) who could not even get a bind on in the two scrums he contested and could easily have caused peneltys in each scrum against us for that.
    COME ON HARDY

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Boy, some of you guys who posted on this thread must have red faces... either that, or hides thicker than rhinos...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut
    Boy, some of you guys who posted on this thread must have red faces... either that, or hides thicker than rhinos...
    To which side are you referring, mate?

I didn't think the scrum went as well as some have said. They started OK but as the match wore on If they weren't going backwards they were just holding most times and it took some great pick-ups at the back to get the pill. Haven't watched a replay yet but they gave at least one tight head as well. We can't consider the ones when Hayman was off. Trestle should have been pinged at the end for putting his hand straight on the ground at engagement and if he was that may have cost very dearly.

Taking the positives as they say, the scrum is better than the past few seasons and hopefully Foley can get some more improvement leading up to the RWC play-offs.

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    NO Fulvio, we don't need thick hides - the Wallaby scrum is still not a proficient machine.
    it was not scrumming that won the game, or even significant ball on saturday. It was loose play steals (GS) and high risk attack (whch paid off).

The scrum is still unstable, wheels to easily, is not flat (even) at engagement.
    Sheps has a habit of bobing up after the 'touch-pause' and changing his line of engagement. this may put his opponent off (though I doubt it) but it puts his 2nd row out of line and hence risks collapse or charging.

Sheps, and sometimes Dunning, still place a hand on the ground after engagement - this is technically going to ground, or collapsing the scrum. Not a singel penalty.
    When pressure builds the scrum can not hold together. I got tired of watching backwards ball.

No - the Wallaby scrum still needs a lot more work to be considered proficient in MY BOOK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2