Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reds Team To Play the Force

Player
    vCash
    Right, here we go

Longbottom v Slipper - Reds - Slipper is the Wallaby TH for a reason
    Charles v Fa'ainga - Force - Charles plays tight, Fingers doesnt
    Fairbrother v Daley - Force - Fairbrother knows how to scrummage, Daley doesnt.
    Wykes v Horwill - Reds - Hrowill is the incmbent Wallaby, Wykes is vying to be his back up
    Sharpe v Simmons - Force - Sharpe is the best lock in the country bar none
    Hodgson v Higgenbotham - Force - One is seriously being considered as a centre, the other isnt. Enough said
    Pocock v Gill - Force - Do I need to explain this?
    McCalman v Samo - Even - This is really interesting, who will be the starting 8 for the Wallabies, thsi may decide it.
    Swanepoel v Genia - Reds - One is good, the other is the best.
    Stannard v Cooper - Reds - One is good, the other is the best.
    Cummins v Davies - Force - Davies has speed, Cullet plays rugby
    JOC v Tapuai - Force - Do I need to explain this?
    Inman v Chambers - Even - This could be interesting. Both had great years last year. Neither have excelled this year for differing reasons
    Smith v Shipperly - Force - Smith was on fire last week. if he brings that game again, watch out!
    Shepherd v Morahan - Even - Both vying to back up Beale and too hard to pick

Whittaker v Hanson - Force - Meh, Im biased
    Dunning v Holmes - Even - both getting a bit past it
    Hocking v Humphries - Reds - Humphries is old but can still swear
    Brown v AWH - Force - Brown is a machine at super level
    Sheehan v Prior - Force - who is Prior?
    Sidey v Randon Centre - Force - I liked random centre's game last week, but he just isnt in the same league...
    Dellit v Random Outside Back - Force - I liked random oustide back's game last week, but he just isnt in the same league...

Force - 13
    Reds - 5
    Even - 4

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by farva View Post
    McCalman v Samo - Even - This is really interesting, who will be the starting 8 for the Wallabies, thsi may decide it.
    I've given this a bit of thought lately. Palu is scheduled to return this weekend and would probably be foremost in selectors' minds. He'll need to deliver big time because so far Samo, despite his age, has been the standout 8 all year. His carries are devastating up the guts but he's also showed that the speed of his wing days is still not to shabby when he gets into some space. He brings flexibility to also cover blindside and offers a nother lineout option.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I've given this a bit of thought lately. Palu is scheduled to return this weekend and would probably be foremost in selectors' minds. He'll need to deliver big time because so far Samo, despite his age, has been the standout 8 all year. His carries are devastating up the guts but he's also showed that the speed of his wing days is still not to shabby when he gets into some space. He brings flexibility to also cover blindside and offers a nother lineout option.
    and the hits............I'm still aching from watching Reds v Crusaders

Controversy corner

Player
    vCash
    who cares what the reds have got or their injury situation, that's part of this campaign.Crusaders had dagg, Maitland, ellis,Whitelock.S out aginst reds and should have won. Force can do it, don't change the halves - that's the difference at the moment. how's this for a team to beat the reds - Shep, Cummins, Smith, Sidey, JOC, Chucky, S'Pool, Macca, Bam, Hoddy, Sharpy, Wyksey, Fair brother, Either hooker, Longbottom - reserves, whoever

AND keep attacking, stop all the kicking - that's why they had more juice in the tank for the last 15 mins against the Highlanders, and where have the force been losing their games, as Richard Graham keeps on saying??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post

The main reason Samo and Palu will be picked ahead of Ben Mac is their bulk. Ben has the right skills and attitude but sometimes you see him bounce backwards when he runs into big defenders. At times this is from being too up-right as he runs but he really needs to be another 10+ kgs to be an effective crash-ball eight at test level.

vCash
    Radiko Samo been pretty impressive this season especially now he is much fitter. he was one Red who played well on the eweekend. Samo also offers some international experience. However Ben Mac is a very good player. A very hard call, Slipper is the Red that the Wallabies coaches really like, good scrummaging but good all round skills so he is more than a prop in general play. It would be good to see a big wallabies pack for a change at the world cup, a pack that will give the Backs a solid platform to do their thing...

vCash
    Bennie Mac is the incumbent Wallaby 8, is he not?

Samo is 34, and only on a short-term contract, isn't he? If he goes to the RWC, it'll be as a replacement for Palu, not instead of McCalman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Samo is 34, and only on a short-term contract, isn't he?
    His age won't come into it if his irresistable form continues. He's two years younger than Brd Thorn. They are two of the best big backrowers going around anywhere along with our 32yo skipper. He may have started out on a short term contract but doesn't that have to be upgraded after about 4 matches?

I'd pick him and in front of Palu at the moment just on his defense. Ditto Ben Mac. Palu goes missing a bit in that area against the really tough oppositions. You need plenty of mongrel from your forwards to win a RWC. Those two have it in spades.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Samo is prone to brain explosions occasionally, taking unnecessary risks and wrong options. He's been good this year but I can't see him making the 22.

vCash
    Samo would be a great bench player. Cover 6, 8 & lock and if you are behind he brings impact like turnovers from big hits, intimidation and freakish ball skils that might manufacture something out of nothing. Great team man. Could do worse.

I was on the Cliffy bandwagon in the early years but he never delivers in the big games like Bok or blicks. The pace of the game is too fast for him and he has very little impact. Too busy blowing. An extended layoff isn't good for endomorphs either.

Controversy corner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2