Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Western Force dealt double injury blow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    yeah im not a fan of stanly but stubbs played yesterday and stanly is the Incumbent
    I thought Stanley was outstanding in defence whilst he was on against the Bulls!! He wasn't given much of a chance in attack but that defence early on almost set the Force up for a win

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Wykes also had an excellent run a couple of years ago when we lost Pocock and Brownie for a while and he was a relevation at 6. Not sure if it's the additive effect of minor injuries, a lack of focus or something else, but he's one to keep around for a while. In the meantime, give him a couple of weeks rest if need be, as with MMM, Lynn and Battye we're not badly off for locks.

Similarly, Hodgo's absense will be covered by Alcock, Brownie and Bennie Mac.

Despite being the least involved of the three, Honey Badger's absence will be most missed. I haven't seen a true speedster emerge from the gaggle of backs we've got to replace him, which might allow the Reds defence to get narrow, knowing that they can scramble across to whoever we've got out wide.

Although, aren't the Reds also suffering in the winger department? Ioane's suspended and Shipperley's injured, isn't he?

vCash
    leaving Lucas, f-sautia, Morahan, and Acura, let alone their EPS players and short term contracts.

poor bastards
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    No disrespect to Wykes and HB, but not sure if it's a huge loss at this point in time. Wykes hasn't made any impact so far this season, and the HB has been well and truly below his usual standard (i.e., you can chalk up two of the tries against the Bulls to his defensive miscues). Maybe another week off will do him good.

Is Stanley healthy? I'm curious to see who runs out at 13 and 15. I'd prefer to see Tupou to 13 and Christie at 15.

Senior Player Contributor DarthMoose's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Thankfully, the three injury clouds are covered pretty well by able replacements.
    The way Sam's playing this year, I'm not convinced he'd have made the team in favour of Phoenix, Hodgeo was actually outplayed by Chris Alcock last game and brown dog, Benny Mac, Gus Cotterell et al will ably cover his absence.

Honeybadger is a bit of a worry, because he is head and shoulders above anybody who would replace him, it also makes our back three a little one dimensional. We do have some capable outside backs though, and might see some of those names we've been looking for (Hayward, CTM, Rapana, Stubbs et al) crack it for a game.

It will need to be a 22 man effort this week.
    Didn't Rapana get released? What's he doing now?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Ooooops not Rapana, Rasolea.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMoose View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device
    If memory serves, Rapana is with the Brumbies.

vCash
    my point was more towards the comments about wyksey from certain quarters normaly reserved for turncoats and mercenaries that had already left the club... noones denying that our players should be picked on form and his isnt great.. but the dildo comment well that was a low blow and not going to help him get to the form we know he has. and thats all i will say about that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMoose View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device
    They are referring to Joelin Rapana - he is back in the force set up now but as an academy member i believe? He is playing for Uni this year and was in the Force A team that played Samoa A the other Day A. I believe Jordan is trying to get in to the Brumbies setup but doesnt actually have a spot at present...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goony View Post
    They are referring to Joelin Rapana - he is back in the force set up now but as an academy member i believe? He is playing for Uni this year and was in the Force A team that played Samoa A the other Day A. I believe Jordan is trying to get in to the Brumbies setup but doesnt actually have a spot at present...
    Yeah Jordan is with the brumbies the same as Joelin is with the Force. Jordan played for ACT A last week i think but he doesnt have a contract with the Brums.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2