Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies to take on strongest Baa Baa's squad ever

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    http://www.barbarianfc.co.uk/legend/the_founding.cfm
    Carpmael's great idea that the Barbarian Club should be absolutely cosmopolitan with the aim of spreading good-fellowship amongst all rugby football players has been rigidly adhered to by those who have followed him in the management of the club. Membership is by invitation and the only qualifications considered when issuing an invitation are; that the player's football is of a good enough standard and secondly that he should behave himself on and off the field. There is no discrimination whatsoever by race, colour or creed.
    How come Burger is playing???

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The Barbarians should send a touring side Down Under. They couldn't possibly be any worse than the shite we've had to endure from the French, Welsh and English in the last 3 years.
    Have a look at how many games they play in a season up there and you'll realise why they send shit teams down here to play nothing test matches that are just warm up games for the SH teams who have played a whole 13 or so games in the Super 14.

Some club teams play 3 games in 9 days in the NH.

On top of the 3 different Club comps they play in they have the Six nations as well, and they have the summer tests thrown in for good measure. After 30 or so club games and then five to ten test games on top you can't blame them for sending down junior sides to play down here. (besides Wales scared the shit out of the Wallabies in the first game) and then we sucked ass in the second game.

I do agree they should stop all of these 'nothing' test matches each year and we should all wait for the Rugby world cup every 4 years to see "whose who in the zoo".

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Have a look at how many games they play in a season up there and you'll realise why they send shit teams down here to play nothing test matches that are just warm up games for the SH teams who have played a whole 13 or so games in the Super 14.

Some club teams play 3 games in 9 days in the NH.

On top of the 3 different Club comps they play in they have the Six nations as well, and they have the summer tests thrown in for good measure. After 30 or so club games and then five to ten test games on top you can't blame them for sending down junior sides to play down here. (besides Wales scared the shit out of the Wallabies in the first game) and then we sucked ass in the second game.

I do agree they should stop all of these 'nothing' test matches each year and we should all wait for the Rugby world cup every 4 years to see "whose who in the zoo".
    Ireland manage to consistently send a strong side down here (or at least have as far back as I remember) why is it any different for Wales? And yeah you gave us a scare with a few tries against the run of play but the real result was just an uninspiring test match.

But I dont think we should necessarily ditch the test matches just cut a week or two off the GP and the ML and the top 14. They just seem to write off the tests because there is more money to be made rather than doing what is probably best for the game.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Ireland manage to consistently send a strong side down here (or at least have as far back as I remember) why is it any different for Wales? And yeah you gave us a scare with a few tries against the run of play but the real result was just an uninspiring test match.

But I dont think we should necessarily ditch the test matches just cut a week or two off the GP and the ML and the top 14. They just seem to write off the tests because there is more money to be made rather than doing what is probably best for the game.
    They should ditch the Anglo Welsh Cup as well as a few weeks of the ML and GP. The English and Welsh teams will play in three seperate competitions during the season. My team the Dragons play in the ML, Heineken Cup and then the Anglo Welsh Cup. Might explain why Ireland send down better teams.

The reason they send shit teams down here is simple, it's all about the six nations. Same with the Wallabies, it's all about the Bledisloe and Tri Nations. What do a few one off test matches mean against southern hemisphere teams?

Nothing.

vCash
    anyone notice there is only one NH player selected so far in that team????
    so much for it being a "NH thing"...

vCash
    Ireland manage to consistently send a strong side down here (or at least have as far back as I remember) why is it any different for Wales?
    Thats becasue Wales are crap, when was the last time they beat us down here? Also isn't their record against us IN Wales 1 win and 1 draw in about 20-25ish years??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    anyone notice there is only one NH player selected so far in that team????
    so much for it being a "NH thing"...
    Things have changed from the past, in this professional era NH clubs and Unions are refusing to release the NH players to play for the Barbarians. Should explain the SH domination of the team. The RFU are releasing seven players and that's all they'll allow.

It is a shame they won't release the players because this year's game celebrates the one-hundredth anniversary of the Olympic Games first being held in London in 1908. On that occasion, Australia won the gold medal in the rugby union competition when they defeated Great Britain 32-3 in the final at White City Stadium.

That's why the game is happening in the first place. Maybe they should have played a one off Lions game instead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Thats becasue Wales are crap, when was the last time they beat us down here? Also isn't their record against us IN Wales 1 win and 1 draw in about 20-25ish years??
    Wales have a shit record against the Wallabies full stop.

Played 27 times, 17 to you, 9 to us and 1 draw. 63% win rate to the wallabies.

But you did lose to a club side in November 2006.

And we only have 3 million to choose from compared to 21.5 million over here. We need an extra 1.2 million people to make us like NZ. For a country of 4.2 million their record against the aussies is staggering.

Played 128 times, 38 to you, 82 to them with 5 draws. 70.3% win record to the Blacks.

For the Bok fans with their 47.9 million population its.

Played 62 times, 24 to you, 35 to them with 1 draw. 62.3% win record to the Boks.

Lions with a combined population of 52 million its.

Played 20 times, 5 to you, 15 to them with 0 draws. 75% win record to the Lions.

Bloody nightshift, even on my days off I'm still up at 3am. Useless trivial information for all.

vCash
    yeah but how many people here play the game here compared to Wales? I'd take a stab that more people play Rugby over there then here considering the games religion like status. There goes that arguement out the window

All the best players come from the SH, the Baa Baa's want a good side hence SH domination
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    yeah but how many people here play the game here compared to Wales? I'd take a stab that more people play Rugby over there then here considering the games religion like status. There goes that arguement out the window

All the best players come from the SH, the Baa Baa's want a good side hence SH domination
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I'd say it would be dwindling compared to days gone by. The most popular name for new born boys in Wales now is Mohammed.

I do see your point though.

I just hope we win on November 29.

vCash
    The reason they send shit teams down here is simple, it's all about the six nations. Same with the Wallabies, it's all about the Bledisloe and Tri Nations. What do a few one off test matches mean against southern hemisphere teams?

Nothing.
    Pride?

Given their records down here i guess theres not much pride in any of those jerseys anyway

But you did lose to a club side in November 2006.
    The Ospreys was it? not a real big call considering they provide the bulk of the Welsh squad. Also considering how strong you keep telling us the northern clubs are. Upsets are bound to happen

I'd say it would be dwindling compared to days gone by. The most popular name for new born boys in Wales now is Mohammed.
    I'm sure theres still plenty of proud Welsh families who still follow the "religion". Oh well if the Welsh rugby side goes right down the hill i guess we get to see a good Welsh Soccer side with all the mohammeds

Last edited by jargan83; 14-10-08 at 15:58.

vCash
    Pride?

Given their records down here i guess theres not much pride in any of those jerseys anyway

The Ospreys was it? not a real big call considering they provide the bulk of the Welsh squad. Also considering how strong you keep telling us the northern clubs are. Upsets are bound to happen

I'm sure theres still plenty of proud Welsh families who still follow the "religion". Oh well if the Welsh rugby side goes right down the hill i guess we get to see a good Welsh Soccer side with all the mohammeds
    Wales's prize scalp is the English. It's the arch enemy like NZ is to the Wallabies. I don't care if we lose the other 4 matches just as long as we beat the Poms. I guess it's the history of the Six Nations that they consider it more important than Southern Hemisphere teams, the history of rivalry just isn't there. Sure it's nice to beat the Wallabies but the poms is a different story.

I hope the Ospreys don't make up the bulk of the National side at the moment because they couldn't even beat the Leicester Tigers the other day.

I think the Grand slam win this year should help with numbers of young players, although going on Welsh history it will be another 25 years before we win another one. Then we'll win another one three years later. Didn't Cardiff make it to the FA cup this year? Could have something to do with the Mohammed issue.

vCash
    sounds very Freo Dockers only caring about winning one game, they don't seem to care about winning the comp but so long as they beat the Eagles they are happy. History is always evolving

I thought the Ospreys were Wales in disguise

Didn't you lot win a grand slam in 2005?

Cardiff did make the FA cup final, this year or last year i think, i know they made the final, i just dont remember when
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    sounds very Freo Dockers only caring about winning one game, they don't seem to care about winning the comp but so long as they beat the Eagles they are happy. History is always evolving

I thought the Ospreys were Wales in disguise

Didn't you lot win a grand slam in 2005?

Cardiff did make the FA cup final, this year or last year i think, i know they made the final, i just dont remember when
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Nah that's just the fans not the team, last year we lost every game but beat the Poms in the last game which made up for the other losses.

The Ospreys are Wales in disguise, should have done better in recent club comps that's why the coach got the shaft.

We did win the grand slam in 2005 and this year, but the 05 one was the first one in 25 years. Hence the now we'll have to wait another 25 years probably and then win one 3 years after that.

I checked with a mate and Cardiff were in the FA cup final this year but lost. Aparantly they have very violent fans who love a bit of biff. Millwal is the old enemy.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    That's why the game is happening in the first place. Maybe they should have played a one off Lions game instead.
    The Lions tours are funny. Its great for whoever is hosting them but for the other two SH teams it really limits the number of touring teams to play against. Especially when the Top 14 tournament won't be finished and so if France or Italy were to come they'd bring a shitty team.

On the flip side though after the next world cup the upcoming Lions tour to Australia will hopefully lessen the impact of the post-world cup player drain. Players will want to stay around and be involved.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast