Thread: Do we have a siege mentality?

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joondalup dave View Post
    Do we have a siege mentality?
    I get the feeling you do.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Rookie
    vCash
    yes it plagues me every day.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    i think if live in other parts of the world you lose threat way of thinking coach.

you realise everywhere has good and bad to it.
    No. I've lived in other parts of the world. Perth still kicks their ass.

Are you from England JD? Which part?

Someone who isn't from Perth should try to make an honest list of places where they've lived that are better than Perth. Might be a good way to pass the time until the S14 starts.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    i think if live in other parts of the world you lose threat way of thinking coach.

you realise everywhere has good and bad to it.
    I've spent decades in other parts of teh country, a couple years working in Japan back in the very early 90's and have spent countless months in Malaysia and Singapore. I'm also not Western Australian born. Whilst not extensively travelled, I think I have a reasonably well rounded view of the world and my place in it.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    If everyone is moving here, there must be something going for the place.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    No. I've lived in other parts of the world. Perth still kicks their ass.

Are you from England JD? Which part?

Someone who isn't from Perth should try to make an honest list of places where they've lived that are better than Perth. Might be a good way to pass the time until the S14 starts.
    Perth isn't Dullsville for nothing. Apart from teeny bopper night clubs the place closes down at 11PM. Don't decide to go out at 9:30PM and hope you'll find anywhere to eat. You'll go hungry. There isn't much to do really.

It is quite a scenic city......the vast expanse of waterways makes for an aesthetic appeal. If you like the outdoors life you will survive. If you want anything at all cerebral or cultural, you will go stark raving mad.

The city center itself is a typical cosmopolitan street mall.......and you could easily be standing in Adelaide or Brisbane.

It is a thousand miles from anywhere unless you dig a walk on Bussellton jetty for a fun get away.

The locals like to complain incessantly about daylight savings and Sunday trading. The 21st century has been a shock in many ways.

If you can handle winter, Europe has a really happening buzz. Europe is close to everywhere. You could spend a lifetime travelling to interesting cities in Europe. The winters suck severely in my opinion and summer is filled with a billion tourists.

Life in Perth is pretty dull unless you like reticulating your lawn, waxing lyrical to your neighbour about that house extension, or how much equity you had in your house.

However, if you like fishing, vast expanses of wilderness, virgin coastline and amazing natural beauties..............WA rocks. Fishing WA is simply the best. QLD has nothing

Now that WA has a rugby team, I'm as happy as a pig in sh1t.

Thank Allah for the Force.

Mitchell is the mesiah

How about some running rugby from the attack coach?

Champion
    vCash
    Well said Laura, I live with a journalist!!! bad news sells papers!!!! The Force and the supporters have grown up real quick in world of pro sport

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead View Post
    Perth isn't Dullsville for nothing. Apart from teeny bopper night clubs the place closes down at 11PM. Don't decide to go out at 9:30PM and hope you'll find anywhere to eat. You'll go hungry. There isn't much to do really.

It is quite a scenic city......the vast expanse of waterways makes for an aesthetic appeal. If you like the outdoors life you will survive. If you want anything at all cerebral or cultural, you will go stark raving mad.

The city center itself is a typical cosmopolitan street maul.......and you could easily be standing in Adelaide or Brisbane.

It is a thousand miles from anywhere unless you dig a walk on Bussellton jetty for a fun get away.

The locals like to complain incessantly about daylight savings and Sunday trading. The 21st century has been a shock in many ways.

If you can handle winter, Europe has a really happening buzz. Europe is close to everywhere. You could spend a lifetime travelling to interesting cities in Europe. The winters suck severely in my opinion and summer is filled with a billion tourists.

Life in Perth is pretty dull unless you like reticulating your lawn, waxing lyrical to your neighbour about that house extension, or how much equity you had in your house.

However, if you like fishing, vast expanses of wilderness, virgin coastline and amazing natural beauties..............WA rocks. Fishing WA is simply the best. QLD has nothing

Now that WA has a rugby team, I'm as happy as a pig in sh1t.

Thank Allah for the Force.

Mitchell is the mesiah
    Exactly. Its an outdoors place. You don't come here to go out to night clubs or for culture. Thats what other places are for. If you want a night out here get a carton and go fishing somewhere or play a sport. It really grinds my gears when people, mostly British from what I've noticed, come to Perth and try to apply their culture to their new environment and complain that it isn't like their country. Thats the bloody point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Exactly. Its an outdoors place. You don't come here to go out to night clubs or for culture. Thats what other places are for. If you want a night out here get a carton and go fishing somewhere or play a sport. It really grinds my gears when people, mostly British from what I've noticed, come to Perth and try to apply their culture to their new environment and complain that it isn't like their country. Thats the bloody point.
    It grinds your gears............I see an opportunity to make a squillion.

How about some running rugby from the attack coach?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead View Post
    It grinds your gears............I see an opportunity to make a squillion.

vCash
    Just to raise the question acknowledges the issue… It’s a small step forward… but a worthy one... Furthermore… If you didn’t think your were under siege, why would you buy a Castle?...

Diagram City of Perth (Middle ages) governed by the Black Knight Mitchell... recently visited by the Crusader Blackadder…

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    We don't have a seige mentality. We live in the most remote capitcal city in the world. Having livedin Perth, you know it's the best city in Australia to live in. Nothing wrong with not accepting anyone try to tell us differently.

My feeling in this case is that every where in the world has good and bad aspects of it. I try to take each place on its merits. There is an argument to say that every city in the world is the best.

The point i am making is that people can misconstrue criticism.

If someone is saying there is controversy in my team , it is because we are in W.A and they are jealous.

Thats the notion that is often put forward.

we shouldnt be blind to criticism

If we bag the waratahs we should do so because the organisation is faulty not because they are from sydney.

I love perth and london and sydney. They are all wonderful.

george clooney and julia roberts.

Tess:

"You have to admit you have a conflict of interest when it comes to discussing my love life"

Danny:

"Yes but that doesn't mean that I am wrong".

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Personally I think it's time Venice pumped out those stupid canals and layed some decent roads like the rest of the world have, talk about sooo 12th century...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Alot of the interstate bagging is just good natured fun, at least it is for me anyway. It's a pattern of behaviour that allows us to take the piss without really attacking the man. Acknowledging it makes it easier to understand and be aware of when I'm falling into it's traps.
    The time when this mentality is a problem is when we don't realise that our thinking is being influenced by underlying assumptions.

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Most of the criticism directed at WA is not constructive - boring, dull etc.
    Basic underlying message is -your not as good as we are/your not good enough. A load of crap.
    We are no better and no worse, we are who we are.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast