Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Opportunity missed, Force coach looks to fresh start in 2010

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    "We are now entering a phase where we have a clear strategy and plan which we want people committed to," said Mitchell.

I found this a little bit of an odd statement, but wondered whether it was more an adminstration/management statement rather than player/tactical - something along the lines of stop trying to buy success and focus instead on identifying and developing players to establish a committed core that play for each other and the team.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    Fair enough TEF, Jm hardly has an enviable record as coach in super 12/super 14,what do you base his record on?.. this pre-season we had the fittest squad we've ever had , more records were broken this pre season than any other year (mitchells words, not mine), weve now just completed our 4th season so were not the new team we were back in 06, every player that weve had in our system was signed with mitchells ok, every training structure weve had in place was put there by mitchell. last season we had more australian representatives than weve ever had., if JM is such a great coach why couldn't he motivate the talent we had, after all hes the one that signed them...
    as for JM enviable coaching record at super level
    2001 Chiefs, 6th. 6 wins.
    2006 EWF, 14th. 1 win.
    2007 7th. 6 wins
    2008 8th. 7 wins
    2009 8th 6 wins
    OK Slomo, I don't want to start a dabate on this one but I think you do know where I am coming from on the enviable record front. My point is; we have had a pretty stormy and unusual start to our team's life, and yes there have been a lot of dubious decisions, players and backers, but the focus is on the future as it should be. From my experience the best way to succeed is to learn from your mistakes and I think JM and his support are doing this. Go The Force

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    I think what he is saying is that the openings are there for JOC but he hasn't signed YET. (of course we know he will because he told Robyn!)
    And no-one would dare lie to me! In all honesty, I think he was telling the truth. He could quite simply have ignored me, or said 'Not sure'. Maybe he just wanted to see me smile The only thing he has to do is not sign with the Tahs or the Brumbies and he'll be playing with us for another season

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Shep can handle that wing for the Wallabies, he's a world class finisher, and Drew doesn't seem to want to see sense and play there, all the better for Cam. The only issue I can see is that the incumbents seem to have water tight contracts stating "Play me or get sued!"

You know who I'm talking about robyn !
    Erm... do I? (is it Drew? I've read it 3 times and I'm still confused)

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    i think he means lote?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    i think he means lote?
    OH!

Now I understand.

He-hem....

Lote Tuqiri is an outrageously selfish player who only gets any game time because some idiot offered him simply ludicruos amounts of money to stand on the wing, doing absolutely nothing, and open his big fat gob to the media every 5 seconds of the day. He doesn't trust his teammates, wouldn't have started any games for the Wallabies in a very long time if it wasn't for the millions of dollars the ARU and NSWRU have thrown at him, which could be feeding lots of starving children in Africa. He's blocking Mr Drew and a whole bunch of other extremely talented boys from playing on the wing and stopping any other wingers from being developed. He was OK back in the day, but now I don't like Lote!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    i'm not sure that lote would sue if he didnt get named in the wallabies.

rugby afterall, isnt swimming

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    "We are now entering a phase where we have a clear strategy and plan which we want people committed to," said Mitchell.

I found this a little bit of an odd statement, but wondered whether it was more an adminstration/management statement rather than player/tactical - something along the lines of stop trying to buy success and focus instead on identifying and developing players to establish a committed core that play for each other and the team.
    John Mitchell has let a few odd statements out recently... I think he's just got a lot to think about...

Last edited by mudskipper; 18-05-09 at 19:48. Reason: spello

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    OK Slomo, I don't want to start a dabate on this one but I think you do know where I am coming from on the enviable record front. My point is; we have had a pretty stormy and unusual start to our team's life, and yes there have been a lot of dubious decisions, players and backers, but the focus is on the future as it should be. From my experience the best way to succeed is to learn from your mistakes and I think JM and his support are doing this. Go The Force
    fair enough TeF i get your point,..we move on ( and up!)...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2